Plinker?

Guest Len

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not until you mentioned it, but now its on the list. I just did some prelim. research and it seems to address concerns I had with the Walther and the Ruger. Thanks.

Have you looked at the SIG Trailside. I have one and recommend it highly. It is much easier to clean than my Ruger model II.

I was under the impression that the Trailside was no longer in production. I see them occasionally on Gunbroker and AuctionArms, but I haven't seen one in a shop in a long time. Everyone who has one won't part with them for some reason. Are they that nice?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest allen820

In looking through the boards, I see a bunch of folks who do not like the Sig .22. The Ruger Mk III is the benchmark, with the Browning very favored also, though more expensive. I have a Ruger MK III 22/45 and find it to be a great shooter. I am big on accuracy, and it is a super accurate gun. Yeah, the takedown can be a PIA, but once you have done it a time or two -- following the directions precisely -- you'll get the hang of it. Not really a big deal. In terms of bang for the buck, I don't think you'll beat a Ruger.

Allen

I have a Beretta U22 Neos and as far as I can tell it's pretty accurate. I haven't shot it from a supported position but just holding it 2 handed I can usually get all of my shots in the 7 ring or better at 25 yards, which says alot because I'm a shaky guy especially with the long barrel. The only problem I've had with it is that it doesn't like cheap bulk .22 it likes to have FTE's with it, but higher quality .22 still costs next to nothing.

For a semi-auto, the 22's I see the most are Walther P22's or Sig Mosquitos these days. I like the Sig a little better because it's bigger, and fits my hand. They've also got a threaded barrel version now if you ever feel compelled to sign over your first born to the BATFE for the privilege of Class III ownership.

I really think you would like the Sig Mosquito.

Look for one locally, and if you cant find one, I have one you can check out.

Its only a 200.00 tax stamp...NOT your first born. :up:

The only problem I've had with it is that it doesn't like cheap bulk .22

This is a problem with a number of .22s. Rifles as well as pistols. Something to consider when buying a gun.

FWIW, my Buckmark eats anything.