If you build it.....they will come

Krull

Guest cardcutter

The mountains of Idaho? If I had a house in Idaho and a home in hell . I would sell out and go home!

It snows knee deep to a tall giraffe up there.

You folks can have my share.

I DON'T DO COLD!!!!!

Seems like a great way for the government to send in the BATFE, shoot your family and/or burn you alive in your home if they ever got the urge. Just sayin'.

FIFY Edited by JWC
Guest bluecanary25

Isn't there a similar place going up here in TN?  Using old shipping containers to build modular structures.  Thought I saw some guys selling shares at Clarksville Armory last year.

I did not listen to there pitch and did not get a brochure...... SHTF I'm moving in with my mother!

Seems like a great way for the government to label you if they ever got the urge. Just sayin'.

if your a gunowner -- your already labeled you fanatical right wing fruitcake!

Didnt you see charlie rangleicantpaymytaxesbutyoushould's speech??? your a racist gunowner who needs to get with the times if you live in the south...

I don't qualify - don't have enough AR mags.  :D

Seriously, I'd wait until it's built before buying in.  I've seen what happens to developers' dreams and who holds the bag when the dream goes down the sewer.

• Like 1

First time I've seen anything like this advertized. If I was younger, I would like something like this. Don't care about labels,

either. How many millions of people read "Lights Out"?

Watch the movie" The Village" I think I would rather be in something like that than this..( except I would need  electricity...lol)

I like the whole concept.. and who care about labels.. anything you do out of the norm they label you anyway.. I think they would just label those people as a comune.. and there are still plenty of hippy comunes around anyway.. they , at least ,help each other,and care for the enviroment., they also plant their own good healthy food..

As long as they stay within the laws.. you or them do not have to worry to much about anything..

Watch the movie" The Village" I think I would rather be in something like that than this..( except I would need  electricity...lol)

I like the whole concept.. and who care about labels.. anything you do out of the norm they label you anyway.. I think they would just label those people as a comune.. and there are still plenty of hippy comunes around anyway.. they , at least ,help each other,and care for the enviroment., they also plant their own good healthy food..

As long as they stay within the laws.. you or them do not have to worry to much about anything..

No need to worry about anything except the BATFE, FBI, DHS.  "Where the law is, crime can be found."  - A. Solzhenitsyn

Guest drv2fst

Awesome concept.  I'd prefer something a little less military looking.  I think the concept of stone walls is very likely useless today.  I'd also prefer something not run by a convicted criminal.  So this may not be the project, but still, i like the idea.  

Simply, people of similar values choosing to live together with a greater level of independence from the rest of society.  I think that's pretty cool.  

While it may seem a contradiction, if there is good internet connectivity many of us could telecommute, so the jobs issue may be mitigated to some degree.

Isn't that counter productive to the very idea of individual liberty and freedom? I can join as long as I limit myself and and agree to rules that restrict my personal and family development and potential.

Freedom is about opportunity. If you limit opportunity you limit freedom.

• Like 1

Isn't that counter productive to the very idea of individual liberty and freedom? I can join as long as I limit myself and and agree to rules that restrict my personal and family development and potential.

I have to agree on this. 

Why can't anyone put one of these together that are NOT a bunch of loons?  I swear to god, if the Amish weren't a bunch of spineless cowards and would embrace the rifle and their DUTY to fight, kill and die for their family, I'd sell my stuff and join today.  

I have a hypothesis.  There ARE separatist colonies that are thriving and prospering.  WHY have we never heard of them?  Because they know that he that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life but he openth wide his lips shall have destruction.  THey prosper because NOONE knows who, what, when, where or why.  As with anything in this world, if you want something special and different and you want it to work, you for damn sure can't tell anyone about it.  

• Like 1