How the industry should respond to gun control laws

Guest cardcutter

Guest cardcutter

Let me preface this by saying I know it would never happen.

With several gun makers now boycotting some gun shows.

I think that gun manufacturers and ammunition suppliers should boycott those states actively seeking to put them out of business.

How long would New York , Illinois, or California last if not one single round of ammunition, not one replacement part, or one replacement gun were to be shipped to them? Not for their National Guards, Their police forces, anyone.

If gun are so evil and the cause of so much of the crime and grief they have to put up with then we should enforce a total ban on anything firearm related going into them.

I would love to see the likes of Cuomo and Emmanuel facing the possibility of losing their armed protection like they want us to.

They would cave within a week.

Like I said it will never happen but it would be nice to see them try.

The dummies would probably respond by passing a law requiring manufacturers to sell to them. Not that it would do any good if the company isn't in their state but they're stupid enough to try it. You're right. It won't happen but it would be nice to see. 

its not always that easy to move, get a new job, etc.  There are a LOT of pro gun people in NY and CA and other places.  They are in the minority and they get screwed every which way, but they do exist.  Look again at the thread showing off CA complient AR15s ---- they may have to obey stupid laws, but a number of folks want to own these guns and do own them, and shoot them.  

While I understand where you are coming from, its attacking the wrong people.  Refuse to bulk sell guns to their PD/guard/etc -- fine.  Refuse to sell to the folks that live there individually, not so hot.   The only ones who would suffer would be the folks that cannot afford to move to a better state. 

Remember: they would not have to BAN AR15 in NY if no one had them.  They would not have to ban mags over 10 if no one had those.  Someone up there has these things, and those someones are probably a lot like you & me.

• Like 2

Barrett already boycotts California if im not mistaken

And I support that:   his 50 bmg is not legal there anyway and he refuses to sell it to their police etc.   Good for him.   But that isnt the same as S&W doing it, which again, would screw the gun owners and harm no one else.

Let me preface this by saying I know it would never happen.

With several gun makers now boycotting some gun shows.

I think that gun manufacturers and ammunition suppliers should boycott those states actively seeking to put them out of business.

How long would New York , Illinois, or California last if not one single round of ammunition, not one replacement part, or one replacement gun were to be shipped to them? Not for their National Guards, Their police forces, anyone.

If gun are so evil and the cause of so much of the crime and grief they have to put up with then we should enforce a total ban on anything firearm related going into them.

I would love to see the likes of Cuomo and Emmanuel facing the possibility of losing their armed protection like they want us to.

They would cave within a week.

Like I said it will never happen but it would be nice to see them try.

The dummies would probably respond by passing a law requiring manufacturers to sell to them. Not that it would do any good if the company isn't in their state but they're stupid enough to try it. You're right. It won't happen but it would be nice to see. 

They would appeal to the federal government who would yet again trample on the rights of individuals and corporations and force them to sell. Of course Jonnin's point about screwing the gun owners up there is also very valid.

I'd like to see the manufacturers leave the anti gun states and take their tax money and job opportunities to more freindly locales. I know that would cost them in the short term but could save them money, and grief, in the long run.

Guest cardcutter

its not always that easy to move, get a new job, etc.  There are a LOT of pro gun people in NY and CA and other places.  They are in the minority and they get screwed every which way, but they do exist.  Look again at the thread showing off CA complient AR15s ---- they may have to obey stupid laws, but a number of folks want to own these guns and do own them, and shoot them.  

While I understand where you are coming from, its attacking the wrong people.  Refuse to bulk sell guns to their PD/guard/etc -- fine.  Refuse to sell to the folks that live there individually, not so hot.   The only ones who would suffer would be the folks that cannot afford to move to a better state. 

Remember: they would not have to BAN AR15 in NY if no one had them.  They would not have to ban mags over 10 if no one had those.  Someone up there has these things, and those someones are probably a lot like you & me.

Jonnin, Buddy, lighten up.

The idea, while entertaining, aint ever going to happen.

This is just the musings of the wouldn't it be nice type. No business is going to turn down the chance to make a buck. EVER! Unfortunately that includes gun and ammo makers.

My whole point is that it would be nice to see the looney libbies begging for guns and ammo.