Gun dealers having problem with credit card processors

Yep Glock, I wanted to do the same thing for everyone supporting or against the 2a, but people here were saying that it may make them a target. It's looking more and more like it will turn into another situation where we sit by the sidelines cause we're afraid to "offend" someone, and we're going to watch this crumble right in front of us as well.

That sports show that had to close the doors is EXACTLY why we need to quit doing business with anti-2a places. There's no reason to hide our opinions because we keep getting the other people's crammed down our throats. We really need to start acting on these things and put a dent in the pocketbook, as well as sending emails and making phone calls to the companies that are supporting us.

• Like 1
Guest RobThatsMe

Hmmm... Wonder if a company that selectively limits what we can and cannot purchase with our money can be taken to court for discrimination.

At any rate, If this happens to me, I'll burn the card, and take my business elsewhere.

Credit Card Companies will also begin charging us an up to 4% usage fee starting this weekend.

I may be reverting back to writing checks in the near future.

Rob

It’s not the credit card company; it’s the system that dealer uses to process credit cards.

Sounds like the credit card company should have a bone to pick with them too for costing them $$$. Maybe those being refused should contact the card and say I tryied to charge, but... Edited by Batman

Credit Card Companies will also begin charging us an up to 4% usage fee starting this weekend...   

It’s not the credit card company; it’s the system that dealer uses to process credit cards.

No, it's the merchant that will be allowed to tack on a fee, no more than the credit card processor charges him.

If he chooses to. Must be posted at point of entry and point of sale and listed on receipt.

Illegal to do it in about 10 states, but not TN. Also can't add the fee to debit cards in any state.

I doubt if we'll see much of it. Credit card fees figure into merchant's over all pricing, always have.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

We need to start getting rallied together like the far left does and share out the contact info immediately when businesses start doing this we don't like. It's going to take a massive campaign of people being proactive and not relying on 2af, nra and goa to do all the communications/legislative battles.

Here's the letter to the company's CEO.  His name and address is here for anyone that wants to send them a letter.

Mr. Brad Smith

President and Chief Executive Officer

Intuit

2632 Marine Way
Mountain View, CA 94043

Dear Mr. Smith,

Due to your company’s recent actions toward businesses who deal in firearms or firearm accessories, my two firms will no longer be doing business with Intuit.  We will begin immediately searching for a new company to provide our accounting software and services.  I find the actions of your company to be reprehensible.  I look forward to reading about your company going out of business, and you working the back of a garbage truck in the ghetto somewhere.

Edited by Berettatn
  • Like 1

No, it's the merchant that will be allowed to tack on a fee, no more than the credit card processor charges him.

If he chooses to. Must be posted at point of entry and point of sale and listed on receipt.

Illegal to do it in about 10 states, but not TN. Also can't add the fee to debit cards in any state.

I doubt if we'll see much of it. Credit card fees figure into merchant's over all pricing, always have.

- OS

I doubt you will see many add-on charges for credit card use but you might see more and more 'cash discounts.'

I doubt you will see many add-on charges for credit card use but you might see more and more 'cash discounts.'

Well, maybe, but reading up on this a bit, nothing has really changed for the merchant. As a matter of fact, this came about after a deal with Mastercard and Visa where they agreed to reduce point of sale fee.

- OS

Well, maybe, but reading up on this a bit, nothing has really changed for the merchant. As a matter of fact, this came about after a deal with Mastercard and Visa where they agreed to reduce point of sale fee.

- OS

Pretty sure the decreased fees were just temporary as a result of an anti-trust suit against Visa/MC.  Previously a business could not charge more for taking a credit card, the workaround was giving a discount for cash but the credit card lobbyists shot that down.

Any business that charges an extra credit card fee must disclose it at the register or before checkout on a website so most likely little will change, unless every seller does it but I doubt that will happen.

Edited by KJ48