NRA ad "Ill Advised"

We aint beatin ya up man.  I think everybody is just stirred up about all this.  I know i am.  No 'blasphemous' remarks were intended.

I firmly believe the words in your signature line below your posts here:

"The Soviet Union had a single, entrenched, systemically corrupt political party, which held a monopoly on power. The U.S. has two entrenched, systemically corrupt political parties, whose positions are often indistinguishable, and which together hold a monopoly on power. In either case, there is, or was, a single governing elite, but in the United States it organized itself into opposing teams to make its stranglehold on power seem more sportsmanlike."

Dmitry Orlov - Post-Soviet Lessons for a Post-American Century

It's true.  The only thing that will work on the polititians is fear of being voted out.  I also can identify  with your lack of confidence in them.

leroy

I don't doubt which side you are on my friend.  I just want to educate you a little about things.  You mentioned a poll.  You do know that polls are fixed, right?

Quit using the information provided by the enemy.  It is dishonest and puts one in a position of arguing against the propaganda of the left. 

I have been involved in a few political races in my time.  The first thing you learn is to appeal to the VOTERS that are in your district.  Therefore the only people that matter are people in congressional districts that can be swayed and I would venture to say the number of movable house members that can be moved are less than 5.  Our reps have already taken sides publicly.  The senate is far more wishy washy.  There are alot of republicans in the senate that are more anti gun than Harry Reid.  Luckily this has no chance in the house. NONE!

We are no longer in a debate of ideas.  We are in a political street fight and the republicans are losing by being wimps and trying to be "nice".  You can't fight a "community organizer" and political thug with debate and rules of order.  If our side has a chance we will have to don brass knuckles and crush our enemies if/when we win.  

Look where we have gotten trying to play by their rules.  I don't like it here.

.... Luckily this has no chance in the house. NONE!

Oh, if you mean Feinstein's bill, I have no doubt about that,  also pretty sure nothing anywhere near that sweeping is even getting out of the Senate either. This time around.

That doesn't minimize my concern that our only significant champion over both the short and long run, the NRA, is losing ground in overall influence, and that is at least partially due presently to its (as Baker said, "ill advised") PR since Sandy Hook.

All that said,  I'm also pretty sure we'll see some primarily feel-good legislation succeed before the end of the 113th. And I'll opine as I have all along, even before the last election, it will be the universal background check thang. Which yes, will be another erased line in the sand, and of course if it includes permanent registration database, a huge loss of one of the most basic principles of 2A preservation itself.

But don't shoot the messenger if I'm right, OK?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The last poll I saw, the NRA had a higher approval rating than BHO. I think it was something like 52% to 56%.

56% is certainly about the highest I've seen for NRA, and some under 50%, as far as any that aren't obviously biased by virtue of the source. Gallup showing 54 positive in late Dec, latest I can find for example. I'll bet it's lower next time.

As I said, I find that disheartening.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Your last post is like a riddle so I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Most polls had it closer for Romney than it was and yes a lot of ignorant people wanted to believe the polls.  So as I have said don't believe the polls THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE!  The polls overcounted for Romney and undercounted for obummer. 

Now if you want to argue the polls were right but didn't take into account the millions of fraudulent democrat voters then I'm willing to listen.

I can't convince you the sky is not falling.  All I can do is point out that nothing has hit you in the head.

Edited by AUG