Feinstein Gun Control Bill to Exempt Government Officials

The people that create all of these laws are so very special, aren't they? They make the laws and exempt themselves.

How would this work in the real world? You own a business, hire some people to create rules for you and your company, but, they always exempt themselves from these rules. How long would it be before you fired them?

They will always protect themselves from what  they throw at us. Never has been anything right about it, either. Only one reason for

that kind of thing to be in a law: government superiority, and that is wrong.

We, the people.

They will always protect themselves from what  they throw at us. Never has been anything right about it, either. Only one reason for

that kind of thing to be in a law: government superiority, and that is wrong.

We, the people.

HAVE TO STAND AS ONE

• Like 2

The wording exempts active and retired law enforcement if they purchased/acquired the weapon before they retire - they can keep it. I did not see anything on exempting government officials in general (and did read through the entire thing last night), but the bill as with most, is easy to overlook some verbiage here or there.

To add in, I would recommend taking 20 minutes and reading through the bill before going off of hearsay from anyone. Even if you don't understand the application or intent, at least you have the general knowledge of its vocabulary.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1
"Mrs. Feinstein's measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel." Yep...I saw it on da innernet....on the Washington Times website.

"Mrs. Feinstein's measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel." Yep...I saw it on da innernet....on the Washington Times website.

The bill itself specifically states "qualified law enforcement officer" then goes on to specify employed by any agency of the government yada yada yada. Says that exact statement throughout the bill addressing possession, importation and so on. 

I'd skim through this before depending on a reporter's legal analysis.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=9a9270d5-ce4d-49fb-9b2f-69e69f517fb4

So, everyone expects that all the government agencies now in existence who have firearms, from the US Army down to your local PD, would be limited to buying bolt and lever action rifles and 10 round handgun magazines?

It is to laugh.

- OS

Hypocrisy…I name thee Feinstein. Exempts self from Gun Ban

25Jan

Feinstein’s list of banned weapons has ballooned to a whopping 157 name brands covering some 2,200 different types of guns. This has gone beyond a simple so-called “assault weapons ban” to include rifles, shotguns and pistols.

The complete list can be found here: http://shtfplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Feinstein-Weapons-Ban.jpg

Not only is Feinstein looking to get the ball rolling on the slippery slope that is the complete removal of the 2nd Amendment from the Constitution, she has the hypocritical audacity to make sure that she and other elected officials are exempt from the legislation.

This type of aristocratic ”do as I say not as I do” bull is one of the things that found a bunch of colonists tossing off the yoke of British oppression some 200+ years ago. We are not subjects to the whims of our elected officials, to be lorded over by those who believe that there are two America’s. One in which the rules only apply to those who are not in power.

Where does Dianne Feinstein and her gun control cronies get off thinking that they can pass laws disarming the American people yet exempt themselves to laws they don’t care to follow?

That my friends, is TYRANNY. And it is the reason we have the 2nd Amendment to begin with. Who knows how many other laws that the Senator and her cadre of craven controlling con men wish to exempt themselves from once they disarm the people.

We must continue to fight to ensure that never happens lest we become a country of two America’s. One in which those in power are exempt from the law and one in which those who are not must suffer under it.

http://gunowners.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/hypocrisy-i-name-thee-feinstein-exempts-self-from-gun-ban/

Edited by CCI

To put the kibosh on this thing about her exempting herself, which is not true - it only pertains to law enforcement officials:

the importation for, manufacture for, sale 
7 to, transfer to, or possession by the United States 
8 or a department or agency of the United States or 
9 a State or a department, agency, or political subdivi-
10 sion of a State, or a sale or transfer to or possession 
11 by a qualified law enforcement officer employed by 
12 the United States or a department or agency of the 
13 United States or a State or a department, agency, 
14 or political subdivision of a State for purposes of law 
15 enforcement (whether on or off duty), or a sale or 
16 transfer to or possession by a campus law enforce-
17 ment officer for purposes of law enforcement (wheth-
18 er on or off duty);
Edited by Sam1
[quote name="npgunner" post="896600" timestamp="1359216332"]i saw it on TV too ... came from MSNBC so of course its true.  (on a side note ... i didn't know msnbc was still on the air ... i figured they would have sunk into some black-hole by now)[/quote]They got a bailout from the $800 Billion "stimulus". It was for unions and leftist state controlled media.

(on a side note ... i didn't know msnbc was still on the air ... i figured they would have sunk into some black-hole by now)

You wish, brother. They're second only to FOX.

Probably responsible for much of that 4 million vote difference in the last election.

- OS

Guest mikedwood

What about XE (Blackwater) type companies and body guards, My understanding is the government uses plenty of sub contractors for security. I bet they forget to exempt them like NY forgot to exempt law enforcement ( As scary as the NY law is that part of it was funny! )

Side note there are about 799 deaths per 100,000 in the US per year of those 10 per 100,000 are firearm related. I think it must be asked WHY is it so important to them to get rid of guns? Why is every angle of the news media out to get guns? Who are they working for?