Wal-Mart, AR-15 Are You Still Looking

runco

Maybe others have done this, but I was talking to my new friend behind the counter at my local Wally.  She keeps me informed about ammo shipments, and other happenings.  This morning she told me they had a Colt 6920 to come in yesterday, and it sold to the first person on the list.  I said what list?  She said they have a few post it notes to call people when AR15s come in.  She said the first guy on the list they called, bought it.  Well, I told her to add me to the list, and it was actually a short list.

I am sure this is a store by store non managerial approach, but if you are still looking, you might just want to warm up to your local Wally sporting goods desk person, and either add your name, or start a list.  The pricing is unchanged from pre-Sandy.  I don't need another AR, but I would like to add another to the litter.

Edited by Runco
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got lucky and picked up a m400 sig at a wal mart a few days ago, wasnt even looking for one, sold my home built AR for the same money the same day so it worked out.

Looks like prices are coming down a little so maybe the panic is slowing a bit..

Colt is $1017 at my Walmart, Sig M400 is $917 and Bushmaster .308 is $897. One comes in every other day. Have to be there between 8am and 10am.

P.S. They come in on small FedEx truck and sometimes UPS truck, not on Walmart truck. Edited by mcurrier

Colt is $1017 at my Walmart, Sig M400 is $917 and Bushmaster .308 is $897. One comes in every other day. Have to be there between 8am and 10am.

P.S. They come in on small FedEx truck and sometimes UPS truck, not on Walmart truck.

what is your location ???

Just for fun today, I went by both the Walmarts in Murfreesboro and just asked when was the last time you saw a Colt 9620.  One on Old Fort said "Oh, about 9:45 this morning".  The one on S. Rutherford Blvd. said last Friday.  What caught my attention and I guess I didn't realize how crazy this has gotten but both places said that there are groups of people who show up at like 5 and 6 in the morning everyday to stand and wait to see whats coming in.  I would guess that is happening about everywhere. 

I guess I will just have to keep waiting or find somewhere else.

Edited by hardknox00001

Just for fun today, I went by both the Walmarts in Murfreesboro and just asked when was the last time you saw a Colt 9620. One on Old Fort said "Oh, about 9:45 this morning". The one on S. Rutherford Blvd. said last Friday. What caught my attention and I guess I didn't realize how crazy this has gotten but both places said that there are groups of people who show up at like 5 and 6 in the morning everyday to stand and wait to see whats coming in. I would guess that is happening about everywhere.

I guess I will just have to keep waiting or find somewhere else.

Yeah, the same group of asshats who are buying for the sole purpose of resale. I spoke with one of our vendors who told me the same thing happens at their store. The same people will come by with actual lists of stuff they are looking to buy for resale. Edited by TripleDigitRide

Bring a fold out chair and your tablet 

I guess.  For that matter, I could go an aisle or two over and get tents and sleeping bags.

Yeah, the same group of asshats who are buying for the sole purpose of resale. I spoke with one of our vendors who told me the same thing happens at their store. The same people will come by with actual lists of stuff they are looking to buy for resale.

I guess one of those people sold one of the Walmart 6920's this morning on GOC over in Crossville.

Edited by hardknox00001