CZ P-07

MiddTennTaco

cz-p-07-duty-9mm.jpg

Does anyone have one of these? I've had a CZ 75 D PCR before but I hate a decocker and not to mention it being in an uncomfortable position (at least for me) (safety is in a different position).

I guess what I'm basically wondering is if the trigger is anywhere near as good as a regular CZ 75 and if the grip/grip angle is relatively the same as well. So far I've only heard good things about reliability and I have heard that this pistol has gone through the same tests that the CZ P01 went through.

I would love to find one locally so I could handle it, check the trigger, and feel the grip but it seems no one likes to stock or sell them in Middle Tennessee.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI I'm hoping to make this my life-long, perfect fit to me, no frills, relatively inexpensive conceal carry gun. If anyone in Murfreesboro actually has one I'd be willing to cover your gas. I'm really trying hard to find "the one."

No I don't want a Glock, I've had a few before. I don't like how they fit my hand. I've had an M&P before as well - much better but still don't like a striker fire pistol. CZ-75's are perfect for me - decocker models are just in the bad place for my thumbs forward grips.

I've got one and its awesome. Youre right that the decocker is a touch ackward, but if im decocking the sidearm I was putting it away anyways. Cant speak to the grip angle vs. P-01 but my die hard CZ buddy said he loved the grip. Its a great sidearm. I bought mine at the outpost armory, didnt even get a chance to fire it before I took an advanced handgun course out at Stones River. Decided to take it anyways and rocked with it. The trigger is great. My only issue was with the mags. Using an uplula I noticed that the follower would sometimes stick. Went home, broke down the mags, took a rough edge off the follower and just a very light lubrication, no problems since.

I've got one and its awesome. Youre right that the decocker is a touch ackward, but if im decocking the sidearm I was putting it away anyways. Cant speak to the grip angle vs. P-01 but my die hard CZ buddy said he loved the grip. Its a great sidearm. I bought mine at the outpost armory, didnt even get a chance to fire it before I took an advanced handgun course out at Stones River. Decided to take it anyways and rocked with it. The trigger is great. My only issue was with the mags. Using an uplula I noticed that the follower would sometimes stick. Went home, broke down the mags, took a rough edge off the follower and just a very light lubrication, no problems since.

I will be checking the outpost armory hopefully in the near future. They are pretty expensive from what I hear though. Thanks for the reply.

This was on my short list for CCW. Ultimately I went with Glock because of availability of parts but I still like this pistol quite a bit. I saw one at Academy today and really thought about buying it. had I not been shopping for a 1911, I may have picked it up.

I think mine (bought around sept I think) was $565 including the background check.

That's not so bad. They are about 45 minutes from where I live, I may just call to see if they have it in stock then drive down there.

This was on my short list for CCW. Ultimately I went with Glock because of availability of parts but I still like this pistol quite a bit. I saw one at Academy today and really thought about buying it. had I not been shopping for a 1911, I may have picked it up.

I completely understand your decision. Like I said, I've had two Glocks before and I didn't like how they felt in my hands (they were both compact, 19 and 23). I might be tempted by a used full size Glock 17 but those are easily running $100-$200 more USED than what a CZ P07 costs new and I don't even like strikers to begin with.

I traded one in two weeks ago at G&L in hendersonville. It had about two hundred rounds through it. The reason for the trade was I didn't like the way the slide was set (too hard for me to rack) Other then that it was very reliable. Give them a call they may still have it for sale at a very fair price. Edited by JoeW

CZP07 is a great gun,its trigger is WAY lighter than your PCR,I own a few CZs and while I prefer the all metal 

versions I have shot the poly P07 and its just as accurate as the 75Bs,imo shoots better than any Glock I have ever tried.

the trigger we scaled at 3LBS out of the box in SA mode,.....plus is 450 bucks.....

What I dont like about it is the sights but then again I dont like any plastic sights and end up upgraded them all,including my Glock

They have a new P09 coming out also,a fullsize 19+1 version that would make any Lib anti gunner cry

I had CZ P-07 for a while. No complains about trigger. Retraining (from CZ 75) took only 400 rounds.

"Tomato" test on the slide revealed low quality steel/insufficient corrosion protection. It was the only reason I sold it.

What do you mean by "tomato" test ?

Tomato test is simplified test for corrosion resistance.

Degrease a spot of a bare metal with acetone. For a handgun the best spot is where slide contacts the rails. Because the finish is worn there. Place a drop of tomato juice on this spot. Leave the part in such has a good quality. If the colour become brown it is low quality steel. If the colour does not change it is either stainless steel or poor quality of tomato. The test does not work in extremely dry or hot conditions. Otherwise the results are very consistent.

If there is any interest, I can make pictures and post tutorial

Degrease a spot of a bare metal with acetone. For a handgun the best spot is where slide contacts the rails. Because the finish is worn there. Place a drop of tomato juice on this spot. Leave the part in such has a good quality. If the colour become brown it is low quality steel. If the colour does not change it is either stainless steel or poor quality of tomato. The test does not work in extremely dry or hot conditions. Otherwise the results are very consistent.

Epic... face palm...

wha?

• 2 weeks later...