Capitol Hill again on Feburary 8th!!!!

Guest carter

What we need at these events are numbers, and in that respect today was lackluster.  I still don't know where today's event germinated.  I read about it here and caught Hickok's video about it.

Just a little brainstorming for future events...maybe these things have happened and I just didn't notice:

Set up a fund for donations to cover cost of flyers, gunshow fees, etc.

Print flyers and ask gunshops to put one up in their window and have a stack of smaller takeaways on their counters.

Go to gunshows and pass out flyers.

Arrange for a public figure to speak (and announce it on the flyer and online).  Average Joe speakers are great but I think a public figure or two in the mix (state rep., Hickok, someone from Barrett, etc.) would draw more people.

Swag:  Molon Labe and/or Don't Tread on Me stickers or the like to pass out.  Everybody likes free stuff.

That's just off the top of my head, feel free to comment or add on.

Port-o-johns. Maybe a hot dog vendor and coffee stand.

It was COLD! When the talked leaned militia and birther the speakers started to lose me. I'm agnostic on whether O was born here or not and if he wasn't it seems there's little that can or will be done about it, but I don't think it helps our cause with fence-sitters. Overall though it was okay.....a bullhorn would've been nice. Turnout was about what I expected given that it was a weekday, cold, and poorly organized from the start.

I'll tell you the non-2A related stuff is the reason you don't see as much turnout at these things. I would take the wife and kids to a rally if I didn't think it would involve speech unrelated to the 2A. Birther crap, militias and conspiracy theories keep away the type of folks you want there. And I'm not at all against the concept of a well armed militia, but you can't show me one that isn't infested with white supremacists and anti-gov types who just want to overthrow the government. No thanks.

There is no shortage of folks who strongly support the 2nd Amendment, so lets keep these rallies about just that. Any addition will just start to strip away supporters and participants.

Let no one complain about lackluster turnout for these events. The reasons are clear. Edited by TMF
Guest etnsr9c

I was there, good time but the main speaker really turned me off, I think we are a long way from talk of militia and the birther talk just makes all of us like idiots

You are on the right track JMR, social media is crutial.  I know a lot of folks on here don't like social media but that is the easiest way to get the word out about things like this.  Next time I will be creating an event and sending it to everyine I know.:-)

What I saw film wise was them taking him into the building from his backside. Check WSMV.COM , there is prob a clip of it there.

Looked, couldn't find anything.  But that's about all I thought they got if anything.  The cops had the gun at that point, so they never got a shot of him carrying it, and I'm not sure you could really see much as they took him inside, just a couple of guys walking.

I'll tell you the non-2A related stuff is the reason you don't see as much turnout at these things. I would take the wife and kids to a rally if I didn't think it would involve speech unrelated to the 2A. Birther crap, militias and conspiracy theories keep away the type of folks you want there. And I'm not at all against the concept of a well armed militia, but you can't show me one that isn't infested with white supremacists and anti-gov types who just want to overthrow the government. No thanks.
There is no shortage of folks who strongly support the 2nd Amendment, so lets keep these rallies about just that. Any addition will just start to strip away supporters and participants.
Let no one complain about lackluster turnout for these events. The reasons are clear.

I agree that the extremist views probably need their own rally...however, the 15 January rally was much more positive and really had none of the militia, etc. tone. I expected more of the same with this one but it was not to be. I mean, if folks are really concerned about showing up and being seen at one of these, the first one should have put all of that to rest.

I think that either:
1) all the other 2a supporters have some better idea to which I've not been made aware for dealing with the impending bad news...

Or

2) there is much complacency and we will get what we collectively deserve (last election, anyone?)

Of course, it was a day of poorer weather...and a work day. And the executive orders didn't seem that bad, this time.

Righto, got it now, thanks!  Doesn't work on tablet.

Yeah, I didn't think that the news camera had a good angle on what happened shooting over the crowd like he had to.  I wonder who provided the still photo to the news which had a much more clear angle.

Shots were tight, made it look very crowded.

Reporter chick at the end of the report said, "...was a concealed carry permit holder, this is his first offense" in a way that, too me, sounded like she was alluding to there being many more in his, or any permit/carrier's life, as if it were a given or something.

Video of what happened after most everyone had left. Wish I'd gotten a chance to meet a couple more of these people. I don't find many blonde women my age who are gun owners haha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rEayw5PYho

I just had a random thought...

If folks want to represent gun owners in front of the camera, I think they should take a more strategic approach.

Like the news 5 guy seemed shocked to hear the hands and feet FBI statistic. We need more of that type of info to counter the ridiculous left-wing arguments out there.

If you look at a Liberal or left-wing anti-2A rights person when they go on in front of the camera, they seem to have already studied what statistics they want to use and they're more well spoken as if they've studied or rehearsed what they were going to say before hand.

If I was to choose to go on in front of the camera, I would also study the gun crime statistics, have a sheet of paper with info and links to back it up to give the media, and have thought about what all points I wanted to make (and maybe rehearsed) to make the argument more concise and filled with facts/info.

Maybe that would help get our message and better arguments out there for the media to share. :up:

I'm trying to do some research about the militia groups that were there.  Just to see what they are about more than anything.  The first guy that spoke the one from Minutemen of TN said they had a Facebook page but that their webpage was no longer up.  I found their webpage and it looks about half A'd but I can not find a Facebook page for them.  I can not remember the name of the other militia that was represented and can't find the paper I wrote their name on. 

Again, I'm not interested in joining a militia I just want to know what the organizations that are out there stand for before I stand beside them to fight for my rights.

10-Ring - "Again, I'm not interested in joining a militia I just want to know what the organizations that are out there stand for before I stand beside them to fight for my rights."

Try 16thFF TnState Malitia search. Nice website.