HAVE to use "preview post"

Sometimes when I post a picture or video or even use one of the text functions such as quotes or colors, I get an error message telling me I do not have permission to complete this action.  I can click "preview post" to see what it will look like and THEN post and it goes through fine.

Anyone else noticed that?  Certainly not a priority to repair, it's no trouble to click "preview post".  Just curious.  

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit trying to do pictures a while back because of it. I figured it had to do with copyrighted pic or something. So, if

you ignore it, it will allow anyway?

Could there be something to autosave?  I notice when I post something, I get that Kit car light bar from Knight Rider that seems to never end, then if I just copy my pending post, go out of the post and right back in, and paste, it takes it immeidately like no problems. 

• Administrator

Empty out your browser's cache files and reload the page.  If the IPB folks changed the underlying Java code in this release it may be causing problems if you have old code cached.  I cleared my browser cache yesterday after reloading the forum software and I have not experienced any of the problems you guys are describing.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Thanks TGO David, I will try it again (just did, and worked great).  I actually have thought this might be it, and have cleared the cashe before, maybe 2-3+ weeks ago.  It appeared to work, but within a few days, my problems came back.  I will keep my fingers crossed. 

I am covinced my problem is related to auto-save.  When I have problems, not only do I have that Kit Car left-right-left animation that goes on forever in the middle of the screen, the lower right says SAVING...... and its like it is hung up.  I simply, copy my post, hit the back button, go back into the same post, and paste, and immeidately it posts.  Is there some options that I can change on my side regarding autosave, and is there an issue with my IE9.0 compatibiltiy?  I do not have this issue on my IPAD.

Edited by Runco
  • 1 month later...

My problem appears to be fixed as of today.  I have lived with this problem explained in my previous posts for months now.  I have made several posts today without any problem.  Thanks if you made some changes.