The Walking Dead - Season 3.5

I saw some pigs race around a track at the State Fair once for an Oreo cookie. Gives me another good idea...Zombie Races...staple some numbers on a dozen zombies, turn a live chicken loose, and take bets on which zombie catches the chicken. I'm thinking televised events here, it might even put NASCAR out of business.

It's all fun and games until someone gets bit. You'll chew your eye out! At least that's how I picture advice from a zombie mom.

Edited by gnmwilliams

...good episode tonight but I DO NOT want to know what the governor plans on doing with that speculum in his torture chamber.
Yikes!

Maybe it's what's his name's idea (his aide) check the progress of zed babies or something. ;)

- OS

Guest CelebrityTopShot

W/O reading all the previous posts...and we didn't watch The Talking Dead afterwards....did anyone else pick up on the fact it looked like the Gov. was the one who torched the biters? Morales says nothing about how the biters were barbecued but the Gov. specifically says "gasoline" when he's trying to get Tyreese to fess up...May have been unintentional....

W/O reading all the previous posts...and we didn't watch The Talking Dead afterwards....did anyone else pick up on the fact it looked like the Gov. was the one who torched the biters? Morales says nothing about how the biters were barbecued but the Gov. specifically says "gasoline" when he's trying to get Tyreese to fess up...May have been unintentional....

Pretty sure it was Milton.

it is seriously losing my interest.  If not for DVR I would have given up on it by now.

They need to go back to the formula they had in season 1.  Let's see some survival stuff.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 2

Gov is in a Dodge pickup, it was a Ford at the pits when they were torched.

I was disappointed in this episode too. One thing that caught my attention is when Andrea opened the door to the stairwell and all the walkers came in on on the governor while she cornered herself with the door. As she walked away you heard numerous shots coming from the governors revolver. Now I'm no revolver expert, but most revolvers are only a 5 or 6 shot right? But as Andrea was walking off there were definitely more than that fired in a row, NOT counting the few walkers he used rounds on randomly in the warehouse before the stairwell scene.<br /><br />I guess they dont expect the average zombie fan boy to notice stuff like that. But it drives me NUTS

My first thought was that Milton had torched the walkers at the pit.  Upon thinking about it further, though, I am not so sure.  For one thing, Milton still believes that the 'biters' have something of their old selves still preserved inside and that they can possibly be saved.  To his mind, they are still largely sick people.  I have a hard time imagining him pouring gasoline on them and setting them on fire.

Another point that goes against Milton being the one is that no one is allowed outside the walls after dark.  Milton having been out after dark would be noticed.  Further, I have never seen anything to indicate that Milton has ready, easy access to a vehicle or to gasoline, etc.

Because of those factors, I am actually thinking that it was Martinez who torched the walkers.  As he is basically the governor's 'lieutenant' in charge of guarding the wall, he could have arranged to slip out/in with no one noticing.  He is also one of the people that is sometimes shown driving so he would also have ready access to a vehicle and gasoline.

Martinez will do what he has to do but at the same time I think his 'talk' with Daryl at the meeting made him realize that even people who aren't with his group are still people.  I think it also made him realize how much lying/manipulation the Governor has been doing.  Martinez also said something along the lines that the walkers/biters took his wife and kids.  He hates walkers because of that and I could easily see him torching them without hesitation.  Also, now that he knows that the people in the prison aren't the militant threat that the Governor has wanted them to believe - and that there are children in the prison - he might have a problem with feeding them to the walkers, especially if that is what happened to his own kids.

There is also the matter of the Governor's continued instability and increasing paranoia.  Martinez has largely replaced Merle as the Governor's 'right hand man'.  Martinez also saw what happened to Merle and has to know that things didn't go down exactly as the Governor said.  He has to be wondering how long it will be before the Governor's paranoia turns on him (Martinez), as well.  I get the feeling that Martinez is still human enough to not want to sic biters on little kids but is also ruthless and conniving enough to use this conflict as an opportunity to rid himself and Woodbury of their increasingly unbalanced and dangerous leader.

I haven't read that far in the comics but have seen comments to the effect that - in the comics - the Governor's own people turn on him.  Maybe they are setting things up for something like that, here.  It would make for an interesting 'surprise' twist if, when things come to a head, Martinez kills the Governor, assumes leadership of Woodbury and tells Rick et al that he is giving them one chance to leave the prison and keep moving - and that if he sees them again he will kill them all.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

Thinking it was Milton who did the BBQ, hopefully he can spring Andrea, but one of them is going to end up in that chair.

Wonder what he plans on sewing up? Do the instruments of torture change if he gets a male in the chair?

I think last night's episode was a HUGE improvement over last week.

I agree that it was Martinez that burned the zombies, but I think Milton might have something to do with it. Maybe Milton is staging a coup and Martinez is helping him. They both seemed to be fed up w/ the gov's plans last week.

When the gov starts whistling in the torture chamber, Andrea and Milton are wrestling over the gun. Neither sees whether he sees them or not. We only assume he didn't see them, but the way he's whistling in the warehouse when he's stalking Andrea made me suspect it. That means the chair is Milton's next.

Andrea let it slip on the talking dead that it was Milton.
I at first thought it was Morgan. Then after seeing the interaction between the gov and Milton it just confirmed it for me.

The Governor does not pack a revolver.  He had a Beretta 92 or the Taurus equivalent last night fending off the horde.

i stand corrected, i re-watched the clip in the warehouse and you are right. I guess im used to seeing rick's revolver all the time. Now the episode isnt so bad for me lol

Guest CelebrityTopShot
Great points all especially about the trucks. Morales....meant to say Martinez earlier....is a better suspect....What was pointed out earlier can probably be attributed to deficiencies in the story production.....

Anyone else not give two shits about what happens to Andrea? I simply don't care for her character at all.

She offers nothing to anyone except the constant ability to make bad decisions. When you know 15 people alive on earth.... and they ALL tell you a guy is crazy... yet you STILL go back to him. You deserve whatever fate you get.

Please die so that i don't have to watch you in the plot anymore.

Anyone else not give two shits about what happens to Andrea? I simply don't care for her character at all.

She offers nothing to anyone except the constant ability to make bad decisions. When you know 15 people alive on earth.... and they ALL tell you a guy is crazy... yet you STILL go back to him. You deserve whatever fate you get.

The girlfriend and I had the same discussion last night while Talking Dead was on. She's just a pain in the @$$ as far as I'm concerned. If I were running the prison I'd have already shot her. Rick has to know better than think that she's dependable. She's shown plenty of times that she might be capable, but then goes and messes it up but letting the group down. Seems like the governor just knows that he can pull her little puppet strings and do whatever he wants with her. Not even sure that she thinks he's a bad guy at this point.
She'll end up trying to hook up with whoever picks up the leadership roll after Rick or the Governor get killed though. That's what she's done all along in the show.

The girlfriend and I had the same discussion last night while Talking Dead was on. She's just a pain in the @$$ as far as I'm concerned. If I were running the prison I'd have already shot her. Rick has to know better than think that she's dependable. She's shown plenty of times that she might be capable, but then goes and messes it up but letting the group down. Seems like the governor just knows that he can pull her little puppet strings and do whatever he wants with her. Not even sure that she thinks he's a bad guy at this point.
She'll end up trying to hook up with whoever picks up the leadership roll after Rick or the Governor get killed though. That's what she's done all along in the show.

Anyone else not give two ####s about what happens to Andrea? I simply don't care for her character at all.

And contrast Michonne. I know it's just what the writers decided on as an interpersonal conflict/tension thang in the plot, but who in their right mind would even consider for a second dumping her from the group after all the ability she's demonstrated, and the help she's given to the group?

- OS