Machine gun fire from helicopters over Miami

No big deal unless those spent cases hits your 100k car

I assumed that the fire was coming from OPFOR on a roof top or something. There weren't any personnel on the side of those little birds when that automatic fire was going, and if they were running blanks through their mini-guns it wouldn't sound like that.

Edit: watching the video again it sounds like a pneumatic gun since it had such a slow rate of fire.. It's not an M4 with blanks and it sure isn't a 240, even at the slowest rate of fire. They probably had a pneumatic gun set up on top of that parking garage to simulate ground fire or something. Edited by TMF

Same thing in Houston. Just getting the sheep used to their presence.

Ah geez, I've done this at least a dozen times when I was in. In fact, we had a local PD play OPFOR for us once. They came lights and sirens and we engaged and killed them, M4s and machineguns blazing away as we ambushed them in the middle of town, with people and kids stopping to watch the show. Edited by TMF

I assumed that the fire was coming from OPFOR on a roof top or something. There weren't any personnel on the side of those little birds when that automatic fire was going, and if they were running blanks through their mini-guns it wouldn't sound like that.

Edit: watching the video again it sounds like a pneumatic gun since it had such a slow rate of fire.. It's not an M4 with blanks and it sure isn't a 240, even at the slowest rate of fire. They probably had a pneumatic gun set up on top of that parking garage to simulate ground fire or something.

That was my guess too, some of those pneumatic 50's. There's no way they would even fire blanks from an aircraft just from the damage they would cause

I will go so far to say if they have a drill like that over a major population center they really need to publish ahead of time in the news to keep panic down.

I will go so far as to say military exercises of this type are unacceptable over any Metro area. 

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 9

I will go so far as to say military exercises of this type are unacceptable over any Metro area.

So I assume you would be ok with the government spending the millions if not billions of dollars it would cost to build a Mount site of the needed size to conduct the needed training. Or would you prefer that these military members don't receive the proper training and come home in body bags?
Guest ThePunisher
No reason what so ever for the military exercises of these types to go on in American city urban populations. Edited by ThePunisher

No reason what so ever for the military exercises of these types to go on in American city urban populations.

So how do they train for operations in other countries city urban populations? In case some of you've forgotten, America isn't the only country with urban areas.

No reason what so ever for the military exercises of these types to go on in American city urban populations.

Not only is it training to operate in large urban centers, it is also training to work with local agencies on the ground.  This type of training has real world tangable benifits.  Everything from significant natural distasters, terrorist attacks on american soil, and to operating in foreign urban centers.  Not allowing the militar to train in major urban areas is counterproductive to having a standing army sworn to defend this land. 

• Like 2

Not only is it training to operate in large urban centers, it is also training to work with local agencies on the ground.  This type of training has real world tangable benifits.  Everything from significant natural distasters, terrorist attacks on american soil, and to operating in foreign urban centers.  Not allowing the militar to train in major urban areas is counterproductive to having a standing army sworn to defend this land. 

Then build a facade town in the barren desert, and do it there!

Edited by CCI
Guest ThePunisher
If anyone doesn't think governments or even our own government don't have nefarious motivations, you need not look any further than Fast and Furious, and the many tramplings of our Constitution by this current administration. I'm so glad many people here are just so comfortable with what's been going on in our country the last few years reducing our liberties and freedoms. Apathy is why we won't be having 2nd A rights too much longer or 1st A rights, or even any Constitutional rights at all.

Then build a facade town in the barren desert, and do it there!

Sure thing, should we ship the entire miami police department out there to.    Or better question where does the money come from to build it, and staff it.    It's cheaper and more effective to train in actual cities.

If anyone doesn't think governments or even our own government don't have nefarious motivations, you need not look any further than Fast and Furious, and the many tramplings of our Constitution by this current administration. I'm so glad many people here are just so comfortable with what's been going on in our country the last few years reducing our liberties and freedoms. Apathy is why we won't be having 2nd A rights too much longer or 1st A rights, or even any Constitutional rights at all.

So the military is responsible for fast and furious? Good to know.

I don't think anyone is saying that you should have complete trust in the government, god knows I don't. However, people trying to spin normal military training into some government conspiracy come off looking like a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing simpletons. The guys taking part in this training risk their lives every day to protect this country and it's citizens and honestly it's disgusting that some of you want to take away the training they need to come home to their families because it somehow hurts your delicate psyche. Simply pathetic.
  • Like 2
Guest ThePunisher

So the military is responsible for fast and furious? Good to know.
I don't think anyone is saying that you should have complete trust in the government, god knows I don't. However, people trying to spin normal military training into some government conspiracy come off looking like a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing simpletons. The guys taking part in this training risk their lives every day to protect this country and it's citizens and honestly it's disgusting that some of you want to take away the training they need to come home to their families because it somehow hurts your delicate psyche. Simply pathetic.

Check your reading comprehension. Didn't say anything about the military being responsible for Fast and Furious. Edited by ThePunisher