Storm Damage?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Smyrna and around 3:30 phone warnings woke us up and we heard the wind. My wife and I looked out the window just as something flew right in front of us and we both jumped and said What the Hell!? This morning I realized that projectile was our black trash can lid! Never found it so it may be in Oz. Several big branches down and a couple of swing sets flipped over.

One tree limb down in the back yard (Donelson near the airport) Power outages up and down Lebanon Road between Donelson Pk and Briley Pkwy. I'm in a FOUL mood due to the lack of sleep. Seriously thought about tossing the weather radio and the smartphones out the windows in the middle of the storm

All good here. My wife woke us all up about 3am, and insisted we go in the basement. My dog was as confused and perturbed as the boys and I were. Why can't she go by herself and let us sleep? :rant:

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

At least you have a basement.  All we have is the laundry room.

Well I had an old rusted fire pit that needed to be disposed of. The wind flipped my swing on top of it and took care of that for me. Luckily we just built a bigger fire pit out of brick in the yard. I will say the the sirens that were recently put in are verrrry spooky. Not only does the siren sound but a voice comes on telling you get in the basement,closet,etc. Really reminded me of a zombie/outbreak movie. The wife said the same so I am rubbing off on her.

I found out why I don't have power.

C8F33BEE-4B89-4D2C-9E37-D826EBEE5DB5-230
460B0C09-7992-4195-BB08-F4EDE19B3EA8-230

About a 1/4 mile of power poles snapped like toothpicks. Also there was a metal pole bent in half.

This poor person had 15-20 good size trees down in their yard as well as some damage to their barn roof.
2731AA39-9879-4A39-92AF-76E0E151941F-230

This was all within a couple of miles from my house.

Just got power back on here in parts of Inglewood. Seems that delayed reaction falling limbs got lines in my area; while some very large trees were snapped and uprooted along the McGavock Pike/Stratford area; cutting off power early after the storm came thru.

Many streets blocked off with lines down and trees across roadways.

I didn't see any home damage in my area though, just a lot of cleanup to do. Had 3 trees down on the property and several large limbs and tops out of some others.

Some neighbors had several very lagre trees damaged and down maybe 100 yards away.

I do think what we had here was not straight line winds. Trees falling in several directions within 200 yards of each other. Limbs too far away to believe they just snapped and dropped. And a lot of small debris pretty much covered the yard.

Haven't heard what the news is calling it yet though.

But in any case, we made it thru without harm. Just a lot of new work to do.

Edited by hipower