Gun Friendly Banking?

leftyk82

FWIW, Suntrust has released a memorandum before saying branches were not to take action limiting the rights for customers and employees to be legally armed. However, employees are expected to give no resistance unless absolutely necessary in the event of a robbery. Essentially for employees it's a don't ask don't tell environment.

Edit: there is a PDF file online stating employees are not to bring guns, explosives, knives, and etc. without permission. It's apparently not too important to them though because no one in the branches know of it. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1

To be clear, I'm inquiring about banks that have gun shops and retailers as their customers. I'm not concerned with where I can carry, for the sake of this discussion.

How could we know this and why does it matter? Most banks just want money, they don't care where it's coming from.

How could we know this and why does it matter? Most banks just want money, they don't care where it's coming from.

Because I don't want to give my money to a bank that prohibits me from buying ammo or supplies or guns. That is what Bank of America is doing and has done.
Guest Halfling

I was 6 weeks in to a refinance of our mortgage with Bank of America...I pulled out and cancelled due to their garbage. Now I need to find another lender and start the process all over again. Not complaining, just sharing.

I was 6 weeks in to a refinance of our mortgage with Bank of America...I pulled out and cancelled due to their garbage. Now I need to find another lender and start the process all over again. Not complaining, just sharing.

Got a comtrust credit union near?  Ours does not have a gunbuster, and it took me 4 days last year to refinance (they had the original loan though, might speed it along).  I dunno if they offer credit card services to businesses, and no clue if they would do it for a gun company.  I suspect they would not discriminate.

FWIW, Suntrust has released a memorandum before saying branches were not to take action limiting the rights for customers and employees to be legally armed. However, employees are expected to give no resistance unless absolutely necessary in the event of a robbery. Essentially for employees it's a don't ask don't tell environment.

Edit: there is a PDF file online stating employees are not to bring guns, explosives, knives, and etc. without permission. It's apparently not too important to them though because no one in the branches know of it.

One of the locations we used had a manager wearing a pro 2a, or some kind of liberty/constitution tie so we always went there also had a couple of talks with him and he never mentioned that document, but he openly spoke about guns and didn't seem to try and be quiet about it. The other thing I will say is that in 2010 right before Christmas, our debit card number was stolen and they emptied out the account. They only took two weeks for the entire issue to be resolved, and we got everything back with zero resistance and all we had to do was make 2 phone calls and sign a couple of papers.

The only thing I did not like was that their skymiles debit cards went up to a $75/year charge because they are trying to force people over to using their credit cards instead, we're not a fan of CC's and really liked that option, but be damned If we're paying $75 to get miles with Delta.