Larue tactical

His online personality may suck but the stuff they make is top notch.

Not sure about his online personality, but everything I have ordered has been a very easy transaction. Nice stuff, good customer service, no complaints here. 

When things went bad I had a bi-pod on order and it was backordered a couple weeks, but they keep me up to date, sent the remainder and got the remainder to me in a timely fashion. 

Just my 2 cents.

I have dealt with Larue extensively and have backordered items in the past.  They were always upfront with lead times that were correct.  Once it did end up being a slightly longer delay but they made up for it with throwing in some extra small stuff beyond the normal free stuff.  I wouldn't sweat it.  They are a great company.

I have over 10k in optics and mounts spread out over 6 rifles, everything I bought was in stock and shipped within 2 days, I can only think a mount was delayed by a day due to anodizing, all said his stuff is the best...

I too jumped on the pmag band wagon and ended up ordering 22 from Larue, the mags were in stock at the time I placed the order, then they B/O my order and pulled all mags off their web-site, witch made me a little mad but I got over it...I'm sure I'll get a gift from larue for all my pain and suffering..

Crazy Times right now...

I've never had anything put on backorder from them. I've got a few dillos. :up: They will continue to receive my business.

LOL, I read that wrong the first time.

I've ordered once from them and was very pleased with the entire transaction.  Even got some good swag in the box.

• Like 3

I've had his mounts chew holes in the rails on my rifles then when I called him to ask what I could do to prevent it in the future, I was told that it wasn't his problem and that his stuff doesn't do that.  Basically called me a liar and told me to fuck off.

I posted all my Larue stuff for sale the next day.

I've had his mounts chew holes in the rails on my rifles then when I called him to ask what I could do to prevent it in the future, I was told that it wasn't his problem and that his stuff doesn't do that.  Basically called me a liar and told me to fuck off.

Your employer will be getting a call soon. :hiding:

Chewed a hole in your rails?  How is that even possible?  Do you have any pictures of it?

I'll have to dig them up.  This all happened about 5 years ago.

The cam on the lever sits directly on the underside of the rail  when shooting or removing the optic it rubs on the rail.  Over time it rubs through the anodizing and into the aluminum.  You can tighten the nut and take up the slack but eventually it keeps rubbing until you have no more adjustment left in the mount, leaving you with a loose optic.

Mike

Uh isn't that called wear and tear?

To a point yes.

Also how many times did it take to rub through the metal and coating like this and also bottom out? I mean are we talking like 5 times, 10 times, 1,000? That might be a better indication other than "screw them and their product."

As far as R&R the mount I'd say I took it on and off about 20 times or so during cleanings.  The rifle had about 15-18k rounds though it or so.  It was an LMT upper so there should not have been issues with the quality of the receiver.

I would have been fine with him telling me it was all in due course and it happens sometimes.  All I called for was to find out if they had had any issues in the past and how i should proceed for it not to happen in the future.  But for him to flat out tell me it doesn't happen and that it's not his problem.  That's unacceptable.

Mike

Mike,

I'm not calling you a liar but I gotta see this.  I have many Larue mounts and I've never seen this.  I regularly switch optics on my SCAR and LMT MRP.  There are definitely marks on the upper but not to the point or any where close to eating through.

I have heard several different stories about larue mounts eating the finish from the T rails on arfcom, the stories I've read have all been on rifles that were 10K+ rounds with the mount on. I don't know if those were defective mounts or if most people just don't put that many rounds down range to even notice the issue. 

Eating the finish, yes.  But not a hole through the upper.  Marring the finish is an end result of the mechanics of the levers Larue uses.  It is why some prefer ADM.  Properly tightened and locked down, the Larue mount WILL mar the finish.  It will also RTZ, in my experience, every time.....and thats what I'm worried about and why I pay the expensive price for them.

On a side note, I'm sure you've seen the posts of people crying about the mounts ruining their finishes after only a few mountings.  Then they sheepishly come back after they follow the suggestions of cleaning it and seeing the marks disappear. 

Like I said earlier.....I don't really like Mark's trollish behavior on forums but he makes very good, very reliable products.

Asking for a quick disconnect mount that will hold your optic tightly enough to hold zero, return to zero, and trust your life on and then complaining about a mark on your rail seems like a little too much to ask.  I've had great success with their mounts and other products. If they mark up the rail its up on the underside of the rail where you barely see it anyway.  I'm not sure there's a way to mount anything to a rail that will guarantee it will look like you never touched it.   American Defense has also been good for me but I think LaRue returns to zero better.

[quote name="Kenstaroni" post="901362" timestamp="1359681550"]Asking for a quick disconnect mount that will hold your optic tightly enough to hold zero, return to zero, and trust your life on and then complaining about a mark on your rail seems like a little too much to ask.  I've had great success with their mounts and other products. If they mark up the rail its up on the underside of the rail where you barely see it anyway.  I'm not sure there's a way to mount anything to a rail that will guarantee it will look like you never touched it.   American Defense has also been good for me but I think LaRue returns to zero better.[/quote] Agree, I had a Larue T1 mount for my benelli M4 and it ate a hole thru the rail section but the rail it turned out was a little spec - all benellis are. It also had about 5k of 00 through it.