Know who's tail you're stepping on...

TGO David

• Administrator

I got this gem this morning.  Some of you may remember the ad in question that we deleted.

[quote]I was grossly mistreated due to pricing concerns about 3 weeks ago by TGO Actual David. He deleted my listings and suspended my account over pricing on some AR mags. I was extremely upset with TGO more than you can imagine that a site like this would try to dictate pricing in a free economy. I received all kinds of nasty posts and people calling me names and so on. I also still have "warning points" on my account and a bad rep on the forum over this. I now see the pricing policy was reverted because it was not fair or appropriate for TGO to tell me what I can charge for MY items. I would like an apology from David and TGO for the way I was treated as well as removal of the warning points from my account.[/quote]

Normally I don't make it a habit of sharing private correspondences but it's absolutely my prerogative to do so as I'm 1/2 of the conversation and the person did pretty much demand action be taken.  So this is my action and it'll be a cold day in Hell before I apologize for deleting the original posting of two Magpul PMags for $250.

The policy shift was not an acknowledgment that this guy was right.  It was an acknowledgement that the Staff here does not stand a reasonable chance of ensuring that no ads designed to GOUGE our members slip through unnoticed and an acknowledgement that the members should be left to decide what is reasonable and what is not by voting with their wallets.

But sending a report to me, demanding that I sit myself down and have a stern come to Jesus talk with myself and force myself to apologize probably will not yield the desired result.  I know myself pretty well and I'm fairly certain that I can say with authority that I won't be agreeable to those terms any more than the members here will be agreeable to the idea of paying $250 for two $15 PMags just because there's a shortage of them at the moment.

Maybe I'm wrong about that.  Maybe someone will.  Really don't care!  But I know I'm right about the fact that TGO David won't be making any apologies for deleting that thread or issuing much deserved warning points.   I know the guy pretty well and he's doesn't work like that.

:hat:

• Like 10

If you gave yourself a temporary ban, just think of the increased work load you'd have.  For the duration of that suspension, you'd have do, not only your normal amount of chores around here, but you'd have to pick up the slack for yourself as well.  That's just too much to ask of anyone.  

Be careful not to hyperextend any tendons or muscles as you raise your right fist and extend your middle finger, David.  

• Like 1

I got this gem this morning.  Some of you may remember the ad in question that we deleted.

So this is my action and it'll be a cold day in Hell before I apologize for deleting the original posting of two Magpul PMags for $250.

But I know I'm right about the fact that TGO David won't be making any apologies for deleting that thread or issuing much deserved warning points.   I know the guy pretty well and he's doesn't work like that.

:hat:

Too funny!  Love it.

Public Service Announcement

TGO is an absolute monarchy with an inalienable freedom of escape right granted to all.  

If you don't like it, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. 

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

Well, the warning points seem like they were applied after a rule change --- timeline, he posts, new rule created, he is warned over it?   I could see a valid complaint about the warning points.   However, due to his bad behavior (more to follow) I also would not remove them if I were in charge, just on general principles. 

No apology is needed --- guy came here trying to rip off his fellows and if anyone needs an apology, its the members here from this seller.   And trying to shift the blame for his bad rep onto David is a sick joke:  the reason no one likes him is he tried to rob people, not because he has a warning point.   Duh.

I support David and honestly he has a lot more patience than I do.

I think you have done a great job with this forum you have been honest and fair to everybody . I think we all agree this forum has come a long way , I think under your guidance you have let us see what's right is right and what is wrong is wrong and that makes for a better forum. You help men grow in mind and the right way to be , I'm glad you are who you are other wise this forum would be a mess , it's good to know there are still wise men in the world that can take control and be a leader and be fair and honest that's hard to find now a days, I'm glad that I'm apart of sutch Honor and pride and honesty and feel privlaged to be apart of one of the BEST forums on the Internet . I will be the first to admit I have even learned from you things I would have never thought about and that is what makes for better men in this world , keep up the good work. And it has been a pleasure knowing sutch a honorable man.
  • Like 1

I know I'm still new here, but my take on this forum is that it's a community of enthusiasts and patriots, not a business with a customer service department and an OSHA poster up on the wall. The rules of the roost are what David and the other mods say, take it or leave it.

Guest cardcutter

Oh an apology is definitely in order! This fool should be on bended knee apologizing to David for his idiotic behavior. I would be surprised if he is ever allowed back in this forum.

Boots to asses here people. No price gouging tolerated  :up:

Well,  it is tolerated presently. But it wasn't when the guy tried it. Irony is that sounds like if he had just been nice about it, maybe he could have tried his $125 Pmags again. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I didn't see the post that was made....

Didn't the members on the board call his hand on this? I would think so?

No, it is the rules not to step on a sales ad. O I WANT TO SOME TIMES, but I dont.

David, you should give your self 10 points, but I have not heard of "good" points.

It is your forum, we are guests in your house.

• Like 1
Oh good lord now we know he is over worked he is talking in the third person. I'm waiting for the forum post by him saying.

All work no play makes David a very dull man.

Dear sir,

At the current time your post was deleted it was current TGO policy that no item for sale be marked up in price more than %100 of MSR price.

Therefor, no apology is needed as nothing wrong was done at the time your post was deleted. I can only advise you not to list your items at the price you had previously listed them.

Members here have a good memory and don't tend to forget ones which take advantage of them or their fellow members on our forum.

As for the warning points, Let it be fair warning that your practices here will undoubtedly not be taken well by the members.

About all that email deserves for a reply. Short, Simple and to the point. 

Surely you have bigger problems to worry about than this issue. If you don't I envy you.

Don't let the little things in life stress you man. Carry on....Like nothing has happened.