Anyone use dollar shave club?

Sam1

Heard a commercial for this today, figured I'd give it a whirl since the normal mach 3 power razors have gotten so darn expensive over the past few years. site is:

www.dollarshaveclub.com

Just curious if anyone else has tried out their stuff? If not I'll post up if they're worth it or junk.

The advertisement is pretty funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZUG9qYTJMsI

I thought about it after hearing their commercials, but after doing some research, it would cost me more than I'm spending now.

I am currently using the Schick Quattro Titanium. I buy them on sale for about $6, and they usually come with three cartridges. Those last me about 2 months.

If you can find a person or two who are willing to split them with you, buying in bulk from ebay can also be a good option.

I thought about it after hearing their commercials, but after doing some research, it would cost me more than I'm spending now.

I am currently using the Schick Quattro Titanium. I buy them on sale for about $6, and they usually come with three cartridges. Those last me about 2 months.

If you can find a person or two who are willing to split them with you, buying in bulk from ebay can also be a good option.

I guess the m3 powers I used to buy were counterfeits, cause they were about 30$ for 48, which would last a year. But there's none for even remotely close to that price now. @ $2 each they're about the same price as that dollar shave thing, and I don't have to fuss with it anymore. We'll see how they compare 

Intresting,keep us posted

I've heard they are good. I use a straight razor for the 10% of my face that actually gets shaved in the winter. This summer I might order a few to use when I don't have time to do a wet shave.

Just about finished with my latest 2 restorations. Have to pick out scale material and give them a hone.

Discovering the wet shave brought pleasure to a chore.

To make your blades last much longer, soak the head in alcohol (not the drinking stuff, isopropyl) after each use for a minute or two. I too use the Mach 3 and I usually get 3 to 4 months out of a single head. So instead of using a four pack a month, I now use a four pack a year.

• Like 1

I've heard they are good. I use a straight razor for the 10% of my face that actually gets shaved in the winter. This summer I might order a few to use when I don't have time to do a wet shave.

Thing is, it's a monthly subscription, it's either x number a month, or nada.

I think it's a heck of a deal myself, but I don't have to shave regularly enough anymore to utilize the 5 a month of the cheapest. Even though it's only $3/month, I'd be stockpiling them.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Been using them since last summer, I was getting 4 blades every month and was getting a good supply. Thought about canceling for a while, but, they started an every other month program and switched to that. Bought my wife a handle and we have been pleased with the service, the blades shave as we'll as any we have used.

I bought a safey razor last time I was headed overseas since it's a pain to fly with a straight razor these days. I end up using it far more than my straight razor now and it only costs around $10 a year for blades.

Razor

Blades

6968653915_a2a743e10b.jpg

I'm with you on this :up: . I gave up on cartridges, tried them all hate them all. Open comb Cadet and Pol-sliver blades all the way. I do want to try a Slant but am in no hurry.

Joe W.

I bought a safey razor last time I was headed overseas since it's a pain to fly with a straight razor these days. I end up using it far more than my straight razor now and it only costs around $10 a year for blades.

Razor

Blades

6968653915_a2a743e10b.jpg

thanks for posting this I started researching a little and ordered that razor. I hate shaving, using a safety razor might change my mind on that.

thanks for posting this I started researching a little and ordered that razor. I hate shaving, using a safety razor might change my mind on that.

Start off with a large assortment pack of blades, I've found safety razor blades are kind of like ammo in guns. Different users/razors prefer different blades. Once I found a blade I liked to use in the razor I ordered them in bulk. I also have two razor handles now the one pictured(cheaper) for travel and the one I linked for home.

Edited by 2.ooohhh

Start off with a large assortment pack of blades, I've found safety razor blades are kind of like ammo in guns. Different users/razors prefer different blades. Once I found a blade I liked to use in the razor I ordered them in bulk. I also have two razor handles now the one pictured(cheaper) for travel and the one I linked for home.

I plan on using the blades that come with it to get used to it then switching to the feathers I have heard those are great to shave with the grain with one pass and be done but you have to be careful.