Motorcycle Enthusiasts.....Let's see your rides..

Guest Plungerhead

Not a big cruiser guy but I really like these. 

It has an upright, comfortable riding position, wide bars and a ridiculous (240!!!) rear tire... but that's pretty much where the "cruiser" part ends.  162 HP puts the chap-wearing crowd in the rearview mirror pretty quick, and I'm actually amazed at well such a big bike does in the turns.  It's really more of a sportbike for tall fat guys... like me!  :up:

Edited by dcloudy777

http://www.sherwoodtenn.com/gager/gager.htm

Pardon me Halfling,

Very cool place and a neat ride too.  9943 Sherwood Rd., 37376

IMG_0697.jpg

Never knew that was there, I used to rip up and down the Sherwood side of Monteagle and turn around at Cunningham's, which was a scary place in itself.  

254_514494567128_175_n.jpg

It has an upright, comfortable riding position, wide bars and a ridiculous (240!!!) rear tire... but that's pretty much where the "cruiser" part ends.  162 HP puts the chap-wearing crowd in the rearview mirror pretty quick, and I'm actually amazed at well such a big bike does in the turns.  It's really more of a sportbike for tall fat guys... like me!  :up:

I've seen a couple of them on the Dragon with decent riders and was really amazed at their ability, they don't start dragging hard parts as quickly as the bikes the "chap wearers" ride as you put it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love motorcycles.  Last May my son and I did a 5500-mile trip through a bunch of states.  I ride a Honda VTX1300R and my son rides a 750 Honda Shadow.  Both bikes purrrrrred like kittens for the whole trip.  We cruised at a nice, relaxed 75-MPH and had a blast.  We did 23 states and loved every minute of it.

VTXSIG.jpg

I'm really interested in the FZ8, I've sat on one but have not ridden one yet.  It feels super light.  I hear that R1 forks really make the front end handling a lot better. 

I love it! I looked at a lot if bikes before pulling the trigger on the FZ8. Ducati, Triumph, BMW, etc. Those other bikes felt good, but the FZ8 just seemed to "fit" me the best. Kind of like finding that perfect 9mm.

As for the forks, the bike will perform from the factory better that most of us can ride. Unless you're a seasoned racer, and I'm not, I wouldn't waste the money on forks. Just ride the bike for what it is. A traffic shredding, curve slicing, all around awesome naked bike.

And please don't add one of those ugly windscreens :)

Here is my winter project, 1986 Honda Nighthawk CB700.

IMG_1239.jpg?t=1349398690

I still have to rebuild the petcock and de-rust/seal the gas tank. Then if it runs, find someone to paint the plastics/tank.

At lunch today I will be picking up an '86 Nighthawk 450 to restore. We'll have to stay in touch. 

2005 FJR

c7c60471.jpg

:wave:

IMG_0698.jpg

1974 R90s

83737415.jpg

:cheers:

Love both of those. I eventually plan on restoring an old Bimmer myself. Aside from the aforementioned Nighthawk, this is my current ride: '08 FJR1300AE.

fjr1300KingstonSprings.jpg

• Like 1

Here is my winter project, 1986 Honda Nighthawk CB700.

IMG_1239.jpg?t=1349398690

I still have to rebuild the petcock and de-rust/seal the gas tank. Then if it runs, find someone to paint the plastics/tank.

I have a 83 Kawasaki gpz and I didn't how how close they looked like your Honda... Looks like same frame, wheels and seat...

Ok, so some might say its' not a "motorcycyle" anymore I converted a 02 Kawasaki Voyager to somethinbg with stability.  Used a Voyager Kit so it can be a two-wheel in about 5 Minutes and back to a trike in about 15.         At least I get some "adventure before dementia"  and the wife is a little happier  !                     Can't get the pic to post-any help?

Ok, so some might say its' not a "motorcycyle" anymore I converted a 02 Kawasaki Voyager to somethinbg with stability.  Used a Voyager Kit so it can be a two-wheel in about 5 Minutes and back to a trike in about 15.         At least I get some "adventure before dementia"  and the wife is a little happier  !                     Can't get the pic to post-any help?

Same here. But, it's a lot of fun riding the ol' snowmobile... 2012 Spyder RS-S

Can-AmSpyderRSS.jpg

I love it! I looked at a lot if bikes before pulling the trigger on the FZ8. Ducati, Triumph, BMW, etc. Those other bikes felt good, but the FZ8 just seemed to "fit" me the best. Kind of like finding that perfect 9mm.

As for the forks, the bike will perform from the factory better that most of us can ride. Unless you're a seasoned racer, and I'm not, I wouldn't waste the money on forks. Just ride the bike for what it is. A traffic shredding, curve slicing, all around awesome naked bike.

And please don't add one of those ugly windscreens :)

You are right on the forks.  I'm a suspension brat.  Most people never touch their suspension setting.  Most Japanese motorcycles are set up for about a 150 rider.  Getting any suspension set up properly will make a ton of difference in how the bike handles.  I'm fortunate that I've gotten to spend some time on some high dollar race bikes with some really expensive suspension parts it blew me away the difference of how the bike feels and reacts.