Motorcycle Enthusiasts.....Let's see your rides..

Guest Plungerhead

Guest Plungerhead

You guys have nice firearms AND bikes!

The FZ8 looks pretty cool........first pic of one I've seen that wasn't a stock Yamaha pic. Really like the FJR too.

garethsk, back in the day I had a 1984 CB700SC, aka Nighthawk S. Bought it brand new. Red and black of course! One of the sweetest and sexiest bikes I've ever owned.

Good luck with your rebuild.

This was the last bike I owned way back in 1975 (not my bike in the photo, but exactly like the one I had). I had it all of 6 weeks, just long enough to break it in before I was hit by a drunk driver one night. Totaled the bike, but you should've seen what it did to his car. Anyway, I wish I still had it, simply because they don't make them like this anymore.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/1975xs650b.jpg/]1975xs650b.jpg[/URL]
Edited by daddyo

Red and black of course! One of the sweetest and sexiest bikes I've ever owned.
Good luck with your rebuild.

I can't decide if I want to have mine done in the original paint scheme or not. Originally it was red, white, and blue, but I have a matte black / red fetish I can't seem to shake.

I can't decide if I want to have mine done in the original paint scheme or not. Originally it was red, white, and blue, but I have a matte black / red fetish I can't seem to shake.

I always look at it like this; if the bike is pristine go back original, if it's a bit of a rag take the rattle can after it and if it's somewhere in-between, well, flip a coin.  :D

I always look at it like this; if the bike is pristine go back original, if it's a bit of a rag take the rattle can after it and if it's somewhere in-between, well, flip a coin.  :D

Yeah, this bike is far from pristine, and a full restoration would be far more money than I'm willing to spend. The guy I bought it from rattle canned the plastics just never got to the tank.

Yeah, this bike is far from pristine, and a full restoration would be far more money than I'm willing to spend. The guy I bought it from rattle canned the plastics just never got to the tank.

Well then go for it.  :up:

I'm up against this quandary when I consider my R90s. It's not really pristine even after doing a mild restore back in 96 because the paint is so hard to duplicate and I don't want to drop the cash for an expensive paint job. Plus there are very few who could do a silver smoke the way BMW did it in 74. So it would look like a repaint. Also mine is almost close to a dark green rather than black which is rather rare.

Anyway IF I did the paint then a professional restore would be next, at least that's an excuse I've been using all these years. Something else with it is that the motor is not completely sock either so it would never bring the value of a stock R90s...so why spend the money on stock paint?

So I'll keep it like it is with all it warts and I not worry about it getting a rock nick or road tar on it.  :)

Well, I wish I knew how to post a photo of my bike (04 Road King) on this thread, but I don't. But one thing for sure, I think we need to do a TGO Saturday run somewhere when the weather gets right!

37 degrees today and just a little snow in the forcast. Weather seems fine to me!

37 degrees today and just a little snow in the forcast. Weather seems fine to me!

That's what I'm talking about, I don't have much time to ride when the weather is nice because I'm working.  I've been taking trips all winter.  Good gear makes the difference.  I wear an Olympia Phantom suit in the winter.  It is amazing.  Looking into getting some heated gloves.  With the Olympia I see no need for regular heated gear right now.  It would be less bulky but I don't want to spend the money.  I left for one trip south this winter with 3 inches of snow on the ground, my neighbors think I'm crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

My '05 883L with 1250 conversion and other goods.... Good scooter for running around town.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26957354@N08/8519115348/]8519115348_6c3ac3ecf0_z.jpg[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26957354@N08/8519115348/]Untitled[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/26957354@N08/]rmw1971[/url], on Flickr

I've been out riding a few times this winter but the older I get the less inclined that I am to toss my leg over when it's cold &/or wet out.

I do own some pretty decent cold weather gear but cold weather is really starting to seep down into my bones these last few years & I seem to be riding my recliner more often when the weather gets bad.

Anyway I've been riding a Yamaha V-Star the last 12 or so years, never a lick of trouble out of it the entire time & the poor girl has never seen the inside of a garage, at least not since the day I rode her off the showroom floor.

Granted she ain't as purty as she used to be but I sure do like that bike, I'll take a picture of her to post up here this weekend, not enough light out there right now to get a good photo, besides she's partially covered in snow at the moment.
  • 2 weeks later...

Get a new seat, lower the pegs, get bar risers and a new windshield. It will be a GREAT solo sport tour rig for you.

I put a Corbin seat on it and that helped a lot. I'd rather not lower the pegs. I'd like to try out a Ninja 1000 and see if that helps any.