Chris Kyle murdered

This is very sad.  I would have thought once he returned to civilian life, after making a name for himself, and due to the nature of the enemy, he would have had to at minimum change his name.  I like to know more about the aledged shooter.  Was this a personal conflict or was this like others stated a hired shooter. 

Edited by Runco
  • Administrator

Horrible news.

As we used to say when I worked in R&D:

1 is a data point.

2 is a coincidence.

3 or more is a trend.

You're absolutely right.  You know what the trend is?   Screwed up people.  Mentally defective individuals who will use a knife, an ice pick, a baseball bat, a furry kitten or a ball of cotton to kill someone else if a gun is not handy.  In this case it was a former soldier suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder who had easy access to a firearm because of the philanthropic work that Chris Kyle was doing with such individuals.

It's a horrible shame but it doesn't appear that the government, a foreign interest or even space aliens had anything to do with this.

• Like 5

sad sad news he was a true patriot

Aside from the loss of a hero, the next saddest part of this is what some of the left-wing loons are saying about this man on twitter and other media....it's truly beyond disgusting and it makes me wonder if this country really has any hope of restoration; even back to the place it was in the 50's; let alone back to what the founders originally intended.

When I read all that's going on and the absolute trampling of our rights; with a new outrage happening almost every day, it makes me just want to give up on our country, find a hole or a cave to hide in and wait for the eventual collapse.

Edited by RobertNashville

Sofrep says he was working with Marines with PTSD and one of them "cracked" and shot Chris and the other Marine (who was the shooter's neighbor.) He then stole Chris' car and tried to escape, but was apprehended by police and is in custody.

RIP to a great American.

Sad way to go when you're trying to help others cope and get through a rough patch. Last thing you would really expect is someone turning on you in such a manner under those circumstances - usually you are worried with them trying to kill themselves. RIP Chris and I hope your family finds solace in what you have done for our nation.

Yep. I can't help but think Chris should have left it to the pros. Big loss.

I shared the same thought. Given recent events I would never take a person who I know to be mentally unstable to the gun range.

I'm sure there is more to the story though. I don't know much about PTSD but I don't think all patients are violent and unstable. 

I shared the same thought. Given recent events I would never take a person who I know to be mentally unstable to the gun range.

I'm sure there is more to the story though. I don't know much about PTSD but I don't think all patients are violent and unstable. 

I don't either. Still don't think I would hand one an AR until I knew for sure. Dangerous game.

Guest ThePunisher

If a liberal is sick enough to hate our best warriors, they're nothing more than Hanoi Jane. This post is for them...

These hippie commie Hanoi Janes are now, and have had control of our government for the last 25 years. It's ironic these 60's anti-government protesters are now in charge of destroying our great nation.

You're absolutely right.  You know what the trend is?   Screwed up people.  Mentally defective individuals who will use a knife, an ice pick, a baseball bat, a furry kitten or a ball of cotton to kill someone else if a gun is not handy.  In this case it was a former soldier suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder who had easy access to a firearm because of the philanthropic work that Chris Kyle was doing with such individuals.

It's a horrible shame but it doesn't appear that the government, a foreign interest or even space aliens had anything to do with this.

Thank you!  All this tinfoil hat nonsense must mean that Noveske's car was actually run off the road by a secret agent sent by the Obama administration for this "trend" to take place.  I don't even know who the third person people are referring to would be.  Of course, they don't kill off someone like Wayne LaPierre, but some random notable person who happens to be a gun owner.  

It's really very disconcerting to see so many people who automatically assume that everything that goes on is part of some vast government conspiracy.  There's simply no way we can stop the erosion of our rights when so many on our team are wasting time and energy on this silly conspiracy talk.  It's exactly this sort of rhetoric that helps fuel the arguments of the anti-gunners who use it to portray gun owners as a bunch of anti-government loons who are dangerous, and pushes the sheep who are riding the fence to the other side.  Chris Kyle was murdered, and it is tragic, but it's nothing more than that; a tragic murder.

• Like 4

There's simply no way we can stop the erosion of our rights when so many on our team are wasting time and energy on this silly conspiracy talk.  It's exactly this sort of rhetoric that helps fuel the arguments of the anti-gunners who use it to portray gun owners as a bunch of anti-government loons who are dangerous, and pushes the sheep who are riding the fence to the other side.

LOTS of truth here. One step forward, two steps back.

• Like 1

Thank you!  All this tinfoil hat nonsense must mean that Noveske's car was actually run off the road by a secret agent sent by the Obama administration for this "trend" to take place.  I don't even know who the third person people are referring to would be.  Of course, they don't kill off someone like Wayne LaPierre, but some random notable person who happens to be a gun owner.  
It's really very disconcerting to see so many people who automatically assume that everything that goes on is part of some vast government conspiracy.  There's simply no way we can stop the erosion of our rights when so many on our team are wasting time and energy on this silly conspiracy talk.  It's exactly this sort of rhetoric that helps fuel the arguments of the anti-gunners who use it to portray gun owners as a bunch of anti-government loons who are dangerous, and pushes the sheep who are riding the fence to the other side.  Chris Kyle was murdered, and it is tragic, but it's nothing more than that; a tragic murder.

+1
Occam's Razor.

+1
Occam's Razor.

That and common friggin' sense.  

Of all the people the government would kill, they pick a former Navy SEAL doing charity work, a guy who made nice aftermarket gun barrels, and some guy who posted gun videos on YouTube (I looked it up since my last post after one of my FB friends posted this silliness on her wall).  The suggestion that these three people were killed in a government conspiracy to undermine the 2nd Amendment is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while.  I mean really?  Noveske's death is "mysterious" because he was killed in a car crash a week after he made a FB post about Sandy Hook?  THAT'S IT?!?  That's the proof he was killed by the government???  If people believe that, no wonder they think that 9/11 was an inside job, Sandy Hook was carried out by the government, and that we never landed on the moon.  The Sandy Hook conspiracy is just goofy, but this is just laughably dumb.  Michael Savage and Alex Jones are really grasping at straws by pushing this one.  

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

Where did I state anything other than a trend?

How many high profile shootings have we had in the last 6 months? Movie theaters, malls, schools, business owners etc. This is not the same pace
these events have taken place in the past. This â€œtrend” of public shootings is most certainly increasing.

Whether is the overall decay of society, lack of political leadership, prescription meds etc. the trend is getting worse. Nobody but you said anything
otherwise regarding a conspiracy.

The end result is, these events will not be good for any of us.