Tungsten's CQBR build... MK18 Clone

Guest Verbal Kint
Do it before the baby comes. Not sure if you know, but babies need their diapers changed all the damn time, you can't do it just once or twice a day.:lol: It's amazing how much they produce.:D

The "pounds" on a diaper box is not describing how much they will hold......

He's not a stranger to the Kidco Play-Do factory of life. He's had three other babies... well not him, personally, but that would support the weight gain. :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Cool, just wanted to make sure. Had a similar experience this morning with the 8 month old, it was a P and not a Do! He woke up beside me, I grabbed him and cussed out loud. Stupid leaky diaper:mad:. Not that it was gross or anything, it was freak'n cold!:D

Guest Verbal Kint
Cool, just wanted to make sure. Had a similar experience this morning with the 8 month old, it was a P and not a Do! He woke up beside me, I grabbed him and cussed out loud. Stupid leaky diaper:mad:. Not that it was gross or anything, it was freak'n cold!:D

PissOwned! :P

• Administrator

I'm getting close to ordering my rail for the rifle and have started comparing the LaRue Tactical to rails from Daniel Defense. I like the ovoid profile of the DD Omega rails as it's pretty similar to the profile of the standard M4 forearm.

I have used YHM in the past and while I found them to be very well made, they lacked any sort of T-marks (not a huge issue) and I'd really just prefer something different this time around.

Suggestions are welcome at this point.

Guest Verbal Kint

I'm going with LaRue, after I had originally looked at DD's Omega rail. Both are excellent quality, but I really like how the LaRue Tactical mounts securely to the weapon.

When researching it, and looking at their design (and a vid of how to mount one), they talk about why they did it... people breaching and kicking down doors would wrench on the foregrip or rail and thus knock their sights/attachments/etc out of whack with their body motion, which also resulted in a few pinched off gas tubes. When LaRue set out to design their mount, they took this in mind and solved the problem.

I'll try and find the install video and info... but if you haven't seen it apart, as well as being mounted, I'd suggest looking at it. Really cool design.

Do I plan on kicking down doors? No... not really. lol. But I do want the additional security and peace of mind knowing that the rail is going to stay exactly where I mount it.

Edited by Verbal Kint
  • Administrator
I'm going with LaRue, after I had originally looked at DD's Omega rail. Both are excellent quality, but I really like how the LaRue Tactical mounts securely to the weapon.

When researching it, and looking at their design (and a vid of how to mount one), they talk about why they did it... people breaching and kicking down doors would wrench on the foregrip or rail and thus knock their sights/attachments/etc out of whack with their body motion. When LaRue set out to design their mount, they took this in mind and solved the problem.

I'll try and find the install video and info... but if you haven't seen it apart, as well as being mounted, I'd suggest looking at it. Really cool design.

Do I plan on kicking down doors? No... not really. lol. But I do want the additional security and peace of mind knowing that the rail is going to stay exactly where I mount it.

The LaRue 7.0 has been right up there at the top of my list for a while now.

I doubt either you or me are going to be kicking in any doors with our rifles unless your kids lock you out of the house. :leaving:

• Administrator
Have you looked at the Troy Industries rail system? Lots of people down this way can't seem to say enough about them.

I have but maybe not close enough. I'll give them another look as well. I consider the rail to be a major part of the weapon so I'm not going to skimp here if I can avoid it. :leaving:

Guest Verbal Kint
The LaRue 7.0 has been right up there at the top of my list for a while now.

I doubt either you or me are going to be kicking in any doors with our rifles unless your kids lock you out of the house. :leaving:

Hey, that's happened once already (first week we moved back) when Shana went to work and I took the dog out to whiz. Had to go and get a spare key from mom.

Yeah... I'll kick the door in next time, before I have to resort to that again.

True story.

• Administrator
Hey, that's happened once already (first week we moved back) when Shana went to work and I took the dog out to whiz. Had to go and get a spare key from mom.

Yeah... I'll kick the door in next time, before I have to resort to that again.

True story.

You should have opted for the ACE stock since you mentioned having to engage in tactical negotiations with the matriarch.

Yep.

I'm doing a similiar build as well. Actually I have 2 AR builds in progress.

LMT 10.5" Upper on a Bushmaster lower I already had. Also using CTR stock. I sold my Eotech but I kept the RRA Dominator 2 mount for co-witnessing. If I can convince my friend to sell it back to me I intend to use my Eotech combined with the RRA Dominator 2 mount on this build. I will use KAC rail on my SBR I think.

ATF has my paperwork and I'm just waiting.

My other build is Sabre Defence w/ Mid-length gas system on a 14.5 1/7 twist barrel. Using Larue 9.0 FF rail on it. If I like the 9 enough I may get the 7.0 for the SBR. :koolaid:

Guest Verbal Kint
I'm doing a similiar build as well. Actually I have 2 AR builds in progress.

LMT 10.5" Upper on a Bushmaster lower I already had. Also using CTR stock. I sold my Eotech but I kept the RRA Dominator 2 mount for co-witnessing. If I can convince my friend to sell it back to me I intend to use my Eotech combined with the RRA Dominator 2 mount on this build. I will use KAC rail on my SBR I think.

ATF has my paperwork and I'm just waiting.

My other build is Sabre Defence w/ Mid-length gas system on a 14.5 1/7 twist barrel. Using Larue 9.0 FF rail on it. If I like the 9 enough I may get the 7.0 for the SBR. :D

Sounds nice. :shrug:

I'm going with the 9" LaRue on my current 10.5" build. Going to order the rail and BUIS on Monday... and it will be "complete" aside from optics. I just won't be able to assemble it all, as I'm also playing the BATFE waiting game.

If you haven't already, post up some pics of your SBRS over in the NFA photo thread. Would love to see them. :)

Guest bkelm18

So, if you are building the rifle yourself, you can legally own all the parts for it (specifically the short barrel) but you just can't assemble them until you get your stamp?

Sounds nice. :shrug:

I'm going with the 9" LaRue on my current 10.5" build. Going to order the rail and BUIS on Monday... and it will be "complete" aside from optics. I just won't be able to assemble it all, as I'm also playing the BATFE waiting game.

If you haven't already, post up some pics of your SBRS over in the NFA photo thread. Would love to see them. :D

I think the 9" LaRue looks good on the 10.5 barrel too.

My friend finally agreed to sell the Eotech back to me..I think I shamed him into it, lol.

I don't actually have possession of the Upper yet. I don't think you can have the lower readily available (as in under the same roof I guess) to complete the rifle w/out the NFA stamp in hand.

Guest Verbal Kint

I don't think you can have the lower readily available (as in under the same roof I guess) to complete the rifle w/out the NFA stamp in hand.

That is correct.

Luckily the two houses, right beside my own house, all belong in my family. So between the three properties, and multiple safes, this isn't an issue. :D

But, again, you are correct. According to the BATFE regulations, it's definitely a very bad idea (read: prohibited) to have the receivers in the same location. I've heard of people using separate safes, for each part, and even having the safes in different rooms of a house... but I'm not willing to take that chance.

Guest Verbal Kint
Would you submit a Form 1 or a Form 4 for a build like this? A always, these forms are insanely confusing.

ATF Form 1 (5320.1)

You, as the individual or legal trust, are the one making and registering the rifle.

Guest bkelm18

Interesting. I may have to give this some consideration. It all seems fairly easy if you go the trust route. Plus I need something to shoot the 600 rds of .223 I have laying around with nothing to make it go bang.

Guest Verbal Kint
Interesting. I may have to give this some consideration. It all seems fairly easy if you go the trust route. Plus I need something to shoot the 600 rds of .223 I have laying around with nothing to make it go bang.

Yep... a lot easier than the average Joe (or myself, before asking questions) would ever assume. The whole shrouded mystery of NFA weapons, misinformation on the internet, and brow-beating that the government gives is very daunting to the uninformed.

Luckily we have a wealth of knowledge right here on TGO with HeroGear, JWP, Phantom6, etc... all more than willing to steer you in the right direction and educate us on the processes.

And with the WillMaker program, you can easily create a Legal Trust for your NFA item... it's pretty much plug-n-play with the names, item(s), etc. Then you can tweak it, after exporting it to Word, to your specific requirements and satisfaction. I know KY doesn't require you to register your Trust with the state, and almost positive that TN doesn't either. So all you need to do is create one, have it notarized, and submit it with your Form 1 and $200 payment. Only other thing you have to worry about is getting the lower receiver engraved... which there are plenty of places out there to send it off to.

Guest bkelm18
Yep... a lot easier than the average Joe (or myself, before asking questions) would ever assume. The whole shrouded mystery of NFA weapons, misinformation on the internet, and brow-beating that the government gives is very daunting to the uninformed.

Luckily we have a wealth of knowledge right here on TGO with HeroGear, JWP, Phantom6, etc... all more than willing to steer you in the right direction and educate us on the processes.

And with the WillMaker program, you can easily create a Legal Trust for your NFA item... it's pretty much plug-n-play with the names, item(s), etc. Then you can tweak it, after exporting it to Word, to your specific requirements and satisfaction. I know KY doesn't require you to register your Trust with the state, and almost positive that TN doesn't either. So all you need to do is create one, have it notarized, and submit it with your Form 1 and $200 payment. Only other thing you have to worry about is getting the lower receiver engraved... which there are plenty of places out there to send it off to.

Well, I'll have the added challenge of finding a PC to use since WillMaker doesn't work on the superior Macintosh platform. :rolleyes: