Tungsten's CQBR build... MK18 Clone

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
That's starting off very nice, Tungy!

Looks like we're in the same position. I'm still waiting for the mate to go along with my lower half.

Congrats!

Yeah, but you should have yours done way before I even get my tax stamp back from the BATFE so I'm going to need some pictures posted up! I'll live vicariously through you. :D

Guest Coal Creek Armory
I think all ST lowers have the full-auto markings, but they are only markings. The switch will not actually rotate into the full-auto position.

They will with the full-auto switch, as will all lowers.

But it's still a major "no-no" (read felony) without the tax stamp and quite pointless as it won't do anything.

• Administrator

I decided to add a Noveske KX3 (aka the Krink) flash hider to the build. These ugly little flash hiders are said to help address two problems with short barrel ARs. Namely, they direct a lot of the concussion foreward of the shooter so that it's not so damned loud back behind the trigger and they aid in proper back-pressure for more reliable cycling of the gas system.

Other people's pictures follow...

cat11_0.jpg

46ce7437.jpg

184e060d.jpg

11771-krink1.jpg

N4-7.jpg

• Administrator

My Noveske KX3 flash hider arrived on Friday and is a pretty neat little piece of metal. The fire breathing pig laser engraved on the side is a fun touch. I was also pleased to see that Noveske includes a crush washer in the package. Not a big deal but a very pleasant detail that I assumed would be overlooked and was happy to be wrong about.

Next up on my shopping list:

• ADM AD-68H optic mount for an Aimpoint
  • Vltor Off Set Scout Mount for flashlight

Following that:

• Aimpoint Comp M3 optic

Hopefully by the time I am able to afford the optic, I will also have my tax stamp and be clear to purchase the upper and assemble the rifle. That would be around the October time frame.

• Administrator

I was bored this afternoon and decided to call the BATFE office in West Virginia and inquire. No harm in that. In fact, the representative that I spoke with was extremely friendly, polite and courteous.

As I told her, it was my first Form 1 submission and she jokingly said "Oh those are the ones that take the longest. The first ones. The rest of them don't seem to take near as long." :screwy:

To date, I am in their system, my certified check was cashed back on July the 23rd and she told me to call back in about a month and she'd be happy to reference the serial number again and let me know where I was in the process. I'll probably give it another 6 weeks and just see what happens.

I might actually be able to build my SBR before November if my luck holds out.

My Noveske KX3 flash hider arrived on Friday and is a pretty neat little piece of metal. The fire breathing pig laser engraved on the side is a fun touch. I was also pleased to see that Noveske includes a crush washer in the package. Not a big deal but a very pleasant detail that I assumed would be overlooked and was happy to be wrong about.

Next up on my shopping list:

• ADM AD-68H optic mount for an Aimpoint
  • Vltor Off Set Scout Mount for flashlight

Following that:

• Aimpoint Comp M3 optic

Hopefully by the time I am able to afford the optic, I will also have my tax stamp and be clear to purchase the upper and assemble the rifle. That would be around the October time frame.

That thing sure is ugly, but im all about form over function so that makes it cool :screwy: