Can't see videos IPhone 4.

I saw TDRs thread about not being able to see videos, but that didn't really offer much help for my IPhone 4.

Whenever there is a post with a video all I see is a big blank spot.

I was able to see all videos just fine up until about 5 days ago with this same phone.

Any ideas? Edited by BrasilNuts
Guest Lester Weevils

Google and Apple ganging up against Adobe? Or maybe mere html5 chauvinism? :)

When MS released win 8 I was less than impressed, thinking "desktop puter with huge touch screen = non-ergonomic squared".

But the other day at staples noticed a beautiful thin light samsung pad puter, running Win 8 on a dual-core x86 processor. Power of winders (a real OS) and non-wimpy real processors with real FPU's in a pad. Instant android and i-killer. I mean, mere cut-copy-paste is torture on Android. Maybe it isn't so tortuous on i-machines, dunno. I'd be in the market for a smart phone with real processors running a real OS as well.

Edited by Lester Weevils
I found a thread by Ronco witha a Hickock45 video in it that I know I watched and it still shows up. I had a prompt on my phone to update OS, but I declined because I wasn't on WiFi. I still haven't updated.

As far as I know my phone is still the same as it was before I started having this problem.
Guest Lester Weevils

Its working fine (so far) on Mac Safari, OS 10.6.8, Safari v 5.1.7. A slightly older version of MacOS, as the latest version didn't have anything worth the money to me.

Haven't used Mac Firefox the last month or so, as it had some oddities with videos, but I was blaming it on the Tascam audio interface connected to the Mac. When the mac goes to sleep, it doesn't always wake up the Tascam when it wakes, and video fails if the audio stalls.

Will try on winders a little later.

Internet ExSnorer is giving "cannot be displayed in a frame" notice, but with link to actual vid, which works.

Firefox shows nothing but blank space on  page where vid would be. No mouse hot spot there either.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
David has said many times before, that the site is designed for PCs not mobile phones. Too many variations of systems. This maybe just be a hurdle we have to deal with. I know videos didn't work on Tapatalk for a while, but I could always still get them to play on the safari site. Time will tell I suppose
  • Administrator

Sorry guys - have had a really busy week and stress finally caught up to me and has caused some problems.  I decided to take a few days off from the Internet.

IPB seems to have really jacked some stuff up with the 3.4.2 release including embedded videos.  They claim that 3.4.3 is forthcoming and will fix this.  I don't have a timeline.

Sorry guys - have had a really busy week and stress finally caught up to me and has caused some problems. I decided to take a few days off from the Internet.

IPB seems to have really jacked some stuff up with the 3.4.2 release including embedded videos. They claim that 3.4.3 is forthcoming and will fix this. I don't have a timeline.

Good enough for me.

Hope your time off served you well. Take care man.

Sorry guys - have had a really busy week and stress finally caught up to me and has caused some problems. I decided to take a few days off from the Internet.

IPB seems to have really jacked some stuff up with the 3.4.2 release including embedded videos. They claim that 3.4.3 is forthcoming and will fix this. I don't have a timeline.

The main reason I started this thread was to try and find out if it was a problem with my phone that I could fix.

I knew if it was a problem on the TGO site side you would be all over it and probably knew I was having a problem before I did.

It's good you took a few days off, a man can only do so much, besides there are much more important things than me not being able to see a video or two. Edited by BrasilNuts