Rand Paul

Guest CigarGuy

Guest CigarGuy

Saw the thread on his Dad, so thought Rand deserved his own.

Saw him on FOX last night, discussing immigration "reform".  I DO like

everything I've heard from him and he gives me hope for the future of

the party.  He was asked at the end of the interview whether he was going to

run for Pres in 2016 and he, surprisingly to me, said, "We are looking into it."

I like Rand Paul.  He says most everything that i believe.  Let's hope that he aint just another lyin polititian.

RE:  The future of the republicans.  If folks like Rand Paul and others who are actually conservative and believe that the constitution and the bill of rights actually means what it says dont win the ongoing fight within the republican party against the likes of the "bluenose general bullmoose" type republicans like the disgraceful carl rove; the republican party will cease to exist and morph into the demorat party.  I see where the great rove and others like him are busily committing circular firing squad suicide by workin on a bluenose super pac to fight the tea party candidates.  A sure way to move to permanent minority status or extinction.

Here's hopin.

leroy

• Like 2
Guest CigarGuy

Rove and his Crossroads PAC are a threat to be reckoned with.  Don't see him on FOXNEWS as much, so that's good.

Hey!  I'm closer, in age, to the "old" guard then the new.  Time to turn it over!

The Republican Party is in the death throes, Leroy. Rove and his progressives are refusing CPR from the Tea Party folks

and I hope they keep refusing. I wish it to be a quick death. Rand Paul has some powerful allies and I think the list is growing.

Jim Demint going to the Heritage Foundation may be gearing up to help people like Paul and recruit more of their like. It's

some good news in a bad news year.

There is some up and coming true patriots out there and now and then they do get some face or air time. These are the ones we need to support and help to get their name out. Both Rand and Rubio have been outspoken here lately but always watch on how they vote. I really don't trust any of them anymore.

+1 on the work that Jim Demint is doing behind the scenes along with what Sarah Palin. 

http://www.sarahpac.com/candidates has a list of good potentials who have their heads and hearts in the right place.

These are words I am hoping to eat: I don't think Rand Paul has a shot at being the Republican nominee and therefore no shot at being President. Up to and including the present time he hasn't shown himself to be a puppet of special interests and a complete sellout. Therefore the RNC will ignore him and go for another Mitt hoping to appease the moderates. In other words, if you're not a RINO you need not apply. 

• Like 1
Guest Springfield1911guy

I like Rand also. I just hope he's not just telling us all what he thinks we want to hear. I'm not accusing him of that but, he certainly wouldn't be the first politician to do that.

These are words I am hoping to eat: I don't think Rand Paul has a shot at being the Republican nominee and therefore no shot at being President. ..

Agree very unlikely the GOP nominee. But no chance of being elected if his is, or as third party,  unless something major happens to turn the tide away from progressive trend, and of course Hillary as heir apparent.

And of course, "major" = "bad", so it's not like we'll all be totally convulsed with cheering if that happens either.

- OS

That's assuming the GOP is in charge of things. Demint is a conservative who will build up the Tea Party and won't help the RINO's.

I hope you do get the chance to eat those words, Lagerhead. It will be the least painful thing that will come out of this process. Demint

brings the Heritage Foundation further to the right. That's a very good thing.

Between the Cato Institute, Reason.com, Heritage Foundation and some others, the RNC may need to see the light real soon.

Rove will kill the RNC. I hope he succeeds.

Mac, you may be right, but I think Hillary won't be a candidate by then. I know she is organizing already, but four years is a lifetime

in politics. That also applies to Rand Paul, but Rand is much younger. And light years smarter than Hillary and Ron Paul. Rand

will at least have the experience to know how to play with the Devil(Dems) by then.

Of course, all of this is just speculation, at this time.

There is some up and coming true patriots out there and now and then they do get some face or air time. These are the ones we need to support and help to get their name out. Both Rand and Rubio have been outspoken here lately but always watch on how they vote. I really don't trust any of them anymore.

+1 on the work that Jim Demint is doing behind the scenes along with what Sarah Palin. 

http://www.sarahpac.com/candidates has a list of good potentials who have their heads and hearts in the right place.

Thanks for pointing that one out. She ain't even close to being done like some people think. I love that woman. I hope she

continues to stir the pot enough to help old Rove kill his own party apparatchik. She is a survivor. Rare fine trait she has.

Guest CigarGuy

Didn't Mia Love lose in Utah?  Alan West lost here in Florida.  Are we allowed to call the Progressives that voted against them racist?

Oh, that's right!  You CAN'T be if you are a Progressive?! ;)

....Mac, you may be right, but I think Hillary won't be a candidate by then.

Betcha a quarter that if she can still walk and talk, she runs. And if she runs, she wins.

Only thing that will defeat her is if things get really bad and folks turn the other way in desperation. And I mean bad enough that gummit money in folks' pocket won't swing it. 'Course that means that earned money won't swing it for many either.

But as you say, 4 years is a political eternity anymore. And we've probably got plenty enough to worry about on 11/4/14. And up till then too, of course.

- OS

Guest CigarGuy

Hilly will be in her 70's by then?  Shoot, the Republicans might actually run someone younger then the Dems for once?

I think we got some REAL, strong Constitutionalists in their 40's and 50's that can, hopefully, get us on a looooooong run?!

Hilly will be in her 70's by then?  Shoot, the Republicans might actually run someone younger then the Dems for once?

I think we got some REAL, strong Constitutionalists in their 40's and 50's that can, hopefully, get us on a looooooong run?!

She'd be 69 upon election, and 8 months younger than Reagan was when elected to his first term.

- OS

Guest CigarGuy

She'd be 69 upon election, and 8 months younger than Reagan was when elected to his first term.

- OS

I knew Ronald Reagan, sir, and Hillary is NO Ronald Reagan........;) (To paraphrase the late Lloyd Benson)

Didn't Mia Love lose in Utah?  Alan West lost here in Florida.  Are we allowed to call the Progressives that voted against them racist?

Oh, that's right!  You CAN'T be if you are a Progressive?! ;)

Mia Love didn't have the backing she needed, from what I understand. I seriously doubt the Rove types wanted her. Alan

West. Well, I think everyone knows what happened there. :D

Betcha a quarter that if she can still walk and talk, she runs. And if she runs, she wins.

Only thing that will defeat her is if things get really bad and folks turn the other way in desperation. And I mean bad enough that gummit money in folks' pocket won't swing it. 'Course that means that earned money won't swing it for many either.

But as you say, 4 years is a political eternity anymore. And we've probably got plenty enough to worry about on 11/4/14. And up till then too, of course.

- OS

I'll see you one quarter and raise you a silver quarter.  But we'd both be rolling the dice, wouldn't we? I have to admit, Mac, if she

doesn't have a concussion or something, she may very well be the wife of the first black president to become president. Gets confusing,

doesn't it? :D