Adrian's Undead Diary

hipower

Ok, I'm sure most of you here have already heard of or read AUD, but I hadn't until a week or so ago when I posted about "Ruth's Story."

The Adrian Ring story caught me up in it pretty quickly and held on tightly. I just finished it this morning. Got into the last three months of enteries about 10 last night. And though I should have gone to bed, I stayed up and finished them all.

It was worth the loss of sleep. I really liked thestoryline, and the premise of the creation of the zombie was well done. At least in my opinion.

Makes more sense to me than the virus theory. But that's just my take on it

Ok, won't spoil it for anyone else and discuss the story too much. I'll just say I like it very much and let anyone interested go at it for themselves.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest REDDOG79
Just finished AUD for the second time. Just as good as the first time and I didn't have to wait for updates like the first time. The fan fiction in the forums there also has some phenomenal work. Of Stone and Steel is on par with AUD. Plus Okelly's (felllow Tennesseean) fiction in the AUD universe is awesome.
after reading aud I went on a zombie book reading spree, as of right now I'm waiting on some of the authors to come out with sequels so I took a break from it. They are addictive!
  • 7 months later...

I found it to be pretty interesting. Had a lot of what I thought of as real world concerns in the story. Mostly believable characters, although Adrian came off as a poor man's Superman to me. But still one of the better zombie stories for me 

I especially liked the cause of the outbreak, a real fresh take on it. And made just as much sense as any other cause. Maybe more so.  

• 3 weeks later...
I'm 83 entries into AUD. This story does a good job of covering how I like to think of the zombie apocalypse...25% fighting off zombies, 50% simply trying to survive (food, water, shelter, etc), and 25% other (humans, animals, etc.).

I dread when this ends, that's gonna be a real toe pusher :D Edited by BigK

I'm 83 entries into AUD. This story does a good job of covering how I like to think of the zombie apocalypse...25% fighting off zombies, 50% simply trying to survive (food, water, shelter, etc), and 25% other (humans, animals, etc.).

I dread when this ends, that's gonna be a real toe pusher :D

I think you'll like the ending. Not your typical wrapup by a long shot. And it's time for me to read it again. I've had about all the detective mystery/crime stories I can handle for a while.

• 2 months later...

The author of AUD is considering continuing the story after the end of AUD. So we can know what happens next.

http://midnightscorner.wordpress.com/ these stories are set in the AUD universe. A lot of the action takes place in TN

Just finished AUD for the second time. Just as good as the first time and I didn't have to wait for updates like the first time. The fan fiction in the forums there also has some phenomenal work. Of Stone and Steel is on par with AUD. Plus Okelly's (felllow Tennesseean) fiction in the AUD universe is awesome.

LOL thanks for the plug guys.  and thanks for reading.   

And yes "of Stone and Steel" is great, Killswitch did a fine job.

Plug? So which did you write?

I wrote "The clock Runs down," "Dark tide Rising" and "Storm before Dawn", Im that Okelly, at midnightscorner or depending on the neighborhood or town. "THAT" Okelly.  LOL

Edited by OKelly

I wrote "The clock Runs down," "Dark tide Rising" and "Storm before Dawn", Im that Okelly, at midnightscorner or depending on the neighborhood or town. "THAT" Okelly.  LOL

Thanks for the info. I just found your page tonight, and intend to start the stories.

Oh...and welcome to TGO. Looks like a great fit for you and all us readers.

I think im the only one who didnt really get into AUD? I read up to January "diary entries" and i lost interest and quite reading. Im patiently waiting for the next installments of the "Surviving the Dead" series and "The Remaining" series. Maybe I just didnt read far enought into AUD to get hooked. Might try to read some more of it.

I think im the only one who didnt really get into AUD? I read up to January "diary entries" and i lost interest and quite reading. Im patiently waiting for the next installments of the "Surviving the Dead" series and "The Remaining" series. Maybe I just didnt read far enought into AUD to get hooked. Might try to read some more of it.

OMG Heathen, Heathen I say.  LOL.  Seriously if your lke me First person is usually painfully hard to read, which is why I was surpised by how much I really enjoyed AUD.   Give it a second chance if you can, if not  at least you tried and there are tons of other stories out there you might enjoy.  Good luck