Adrian's Undead Diary

hipower

OMG Heathen, Heathen I say.  LOL.  Seriously if your lke me First person is usually painfully hard to read, which is why I was surpised by how much I really enjoyed AUD.   Give it a second chance if you can, if not  at least you tried and there are tons of other stories out there you might enjoy.  Good luck

First off, I just finished The Clock Runs Down. Literally just now. Very Good. Am planning to start the rest of the stories at midnightscorner tonight.

Now...Keep It UP!!

But I'm not planning on loosing as much sleep reading late at night on the rest. I hope.

First off, I just finished The Clock Runs Down. Literally just now. Very Good. Am planning to start the rest of the stories at midnightscorner tonight.

Now...Keep It UP!!

But I'm not planning on loosing as much sleep reading late at night on the rest. I hope.

Thanks Hi power, glad you liked it.  if it hadn't been for AUD, I would never have been inspired to write and post it for people to read.  Chris, author of AUD, has been a real inspiration to alot of people to  put fingers to keyboards and write.  

When I first read AUD, it was about halfway through the story, I stayed up two full nights with out meaning to till I was caught up. then was so fired up about it I started writing by the end of the week.

As for keeping it up.  well, theres four books worth of material up so far,  and Ive been writing steadily for a couple of years while dealing with and taking care of my mom and her health issues.   Writing has been almost like a job, time wise, except no pay.  after my break, assuming nothing goes wrong, I do have several Post Dead stories I want to write and at least one backstory to finish and post. 

thanks for reading and commenting.  

• 1 year later...

Wait til someone resurrects a 2-3 year old one and gets it restarted.

Well, I'm gonna be "THAT" guy for sure now...I'm almost finished the series for the second time. This time around I bought them from Audible to try a different presentation...glad I did. This is my favorite zombie book series as well.

BTW, look what came in the mail today:

2015-10-10.jpg

Well, I'm gonna be "THAT" guy for sure now...I'm almost finished the series for the second time. This time around I bought them from Audible to try a different presentation...glad I did. This is my favorite zombie book series as well.

BTW, look what came in the mail today:

2015-10-10.jpg

No problem there amigo. I'm about to start AUD again myself.

After all the zombie stuff I've read in the last few years, I still think it is the best out there.

The shirt is awesome!

I don't know if I got the suggestion here on TGO or elsewhere, but someone recommended the Zombie Fallout series. It was the last series I tried before doing AUD again. It was pretty good, but there wasn't enough of the survival aspect for my taste.

Love AUD! I have read all the books once and now I am almost finished with the Trinity book and on my way to finishing the series for a 2nd time. It's so good I wanted to re read them all. I recommend Day ay day Armageddon too, written the same way.

Thanks for reminding me of Day by Day Armageddon. I meant to get around to it but have just forgotten all about it. Too much to read and way too little time.

I don't know if I got the suggestion here on TGO or elsewhere, but someone recommended the Zombie Fallout series. It was the last series I tried before doing AUD again. It was pretty good, but there wasn't enough of the survival aspect for my taste.

Hadn't heard of Zombie Fallout. That's another to add to the "I'll get to it someday pile." lol

I kid you not here...I just looked at the piles of books sitting here behind me on a couple of shelves. If they fall, I'll be buried under them. I stopped counting at 300 paperbacks stacked and leaning unsteadily.

There must be that many more in the shelves, and I don't know how many more stacked around me on the floor.

My wife once called this little 8x12 room "our" office. That lasted about a month after we moved in.

Now she just avoids it completely and tells me to close the door if anyone comes to visit. I swear it's not THAT bad...just a bit cluttered and less than tidy.

Then there's the bag of books I brought in last Monday, and the 6 or 8 I ordered that should be here soon.

Well, I don't have to worry about having a place to hide things from here anyway. Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

My wife is that way about books, she has hundreds too. To her credit she's read them all at least once and many several times. I see some of her books that I know she bought new that show serious wear from being read so many times.

I'm too fidgety to sit down and read. I only do audio books, so I can multi-task, especially while driving. That's the only way I can "read" a book without my mind wandering and having to re-read pages all the time.

Edited by BigK
  • 2 years later...

It's a zombie thread, its meant to be resurrected.   Its been a long rough few years.  Taking care of my mom in her last years became an all-encompassing job.    I hope you folks are doing good and still reading zombie fiction.   any one read anything new and good?

1 hour ago, OKelly said:

It's a zombie thread, its meant to be resurrected.   Its been a long rough few years.  Taking care of my mom in her last years became an all-encompassing job.    I hope you folks are doing good and still reading zombie fiction.   any one read anything new and good?

There’s a series I ran across that’s serilized I email short chapters, very short, called Ruth’s Story.  This is the latest, but I think you can go to this website and read the rest and subscribe.  It’s good, but the guy is currently writing it and doesn’t write much each time.  The protagonist is a female.  

http://allensrepositoryofstuff.com/2018/03/01/zombie-apocalypse-fiction-ruths-story-197-day-camp-activities-somewhere-near-warm-beach-wa-teotwawki-shtf-wrol/

1 hour ago, OKelly said:

1 hour ago, OKelly said: