Former LAPD officer subject of manhunt.

I find it a little disturbing that "burn the mother-[bleeper] down" is seen by so many as an appropriate way to handle a barricaded suspect.  

I hope this whole situation (including the shooting of the two vehicles) gets some serious scrutiny.  

• Like 4
The lapd will say the officer that said that was just speaking out of anger and had nothing to do with the fire. But we all know the lapd was wanting death asap. Im sure when word got out all the officers hi fived each other and cheered.

I find it a little disturbing that "burn the mother-[bleeper] down" is seen by so many as an appropriate way to handle a barricaded suspect.  

I hope this whole situation (including the shooting of the two vehicles) gets some serious scrutiny.  

I personally think they should've called a caterer to bring hotdogs and marshmallows. 

• Like 2

Its a choice to make, do you risk the lives of your men, with 2 more hit already in the standoff, one dead, or do you light a fire and pay the owner for the damage?  A cabin can be rebuilt.   

I could live with it if they burned down my home and paid me for the damage.   I would not be thrilled about it, but I could live with it. 

Come to think of it, if he had holed up in my house, he would have had food and water for months on end, and enough ammo and firepower to take over a small city.   Ya gotta sleep eventually.  Keep him awake for 96 hours running and then let him drift away. 

I would not want to ever stay in it knowing some one had been killed in it .

Amazing to see so many advocates of the 1st & 2nd amendments perfectly ok with the idea of throwing the 6th out of the window. Don't get me wrong; I don't care if the guy died by his own hand, or died from returned fire, but PD doesn't have the right execute him by any means if that's what happened.

• Like 3

Amazing to see so many advocates of the 1st & 2nd amendments perfectly ok with the idea of throwing the 6th out of the window. Don't get me wrong; I don't care if the guy died by his own hand, or died from returned fire, but PD doesn't have the right execute him by any means if that's what happened.

Yeah, he had a chance to surrender. Instead, he shot two more cops, killing one of them. Even after that he still had a chance to surrender. Police had no obligation to take him alive. Same as if a sniper had a shot on him.

I never realized until I saw these pics that the mini was still such a popular patrol rifle for some. Makes me want to hang on to mine even more now.

Ruger made a select fire model for LE too, dunno if still does. Didn't look all that carefully, but seemed to only see 20 rounders in the vid, so none of those maybe were.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Ruger made a select fire model for LE too, dunno if still does. Didn't look all that carefully, but seemed to only see 20 rounders in the vid, so none of those maybe were.

- OS

I actually saw a book on amazon the other day that was titled how to convert a Mini to full auto. Didn't know it was legal to sell something like that, but I figured if they were selling, that a select fire model had been made at some point

The news showed a press conferance with the police, and the Chief reported the fire was started by a tear gas canister which was fired into the cabin. Also they reported hearing a single gunshot coming from the cabin just seconds after the fire started.

I believe the dude was given every opportunity to come out of this alive. He chose not too.

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

The news showed a press conferance with the police, and the Chief reported the fire was started by a tear gas canister which was fired into the cabin.

Good old incendiary tear gas. That trick never gets old. I said they had the HRT manual. ;)
  • Like 2

The news showed a press conferance with the police, and the Chief reported the fire was started by a tear gas canister which was fired into the cabin. Also they reported hearing a single gunshot coming from the cabin just seconds after the fire started.

I believe the dude was given every opportunity to come out of this alve. He chose not too.

Dave S

More than likely, probably "one chance"! If he fails to accept that one chance, "than that's his own fault"!

Edited by CCI

More than likely, probably "one chance"! If he fails to accept that one chance, "than that's his own fault"!

He was given lots of chances. In each one he decided to shoot officers or shoot at officers. The day he died he had two separate run ins with police, both times shooting at them, resulting in the wounding of one officer and the death of another. I don't know why anyone would assume that he would give up peacefully after that display, but apparently the police did when they tried to gas him. The fact that it caused a fire (no one knows if that is true) is inconsequential. They did everything within reason to allow him an opportunity to end this peacefully. He chose not to. I don't care if the cops threw a Molotov cocktail into the house. They were justified to use deadly force. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

He was given lots of chances. In each one he decided to shoot officers or shoot at officers. The day he died he had two separate run ins with police, both times shooting at them, resulting in the wounding of one officer and the death of another. I don't know why anyone would assume that he would give up peacefully after that display, but apparently the police did when they tried to gas him. The fact that it caused a fire (no one knows if that is true) is inconsequential. They did everything within reason to allow him an opportunity to end this peacefully. He chose not to. I don't care if the cops threw a Molotov cocktail into the house. They were justified to use deadly force.

Tried to gas him? Yep. Smoke inhalation. My money says they find a self inflicted bullet hole in his crispy head.