What do you say when spotted?

Guest Cogent Design

Guest Cogent Design

I recently started carrying my G19 at work in my Crossbreed iwb holster. I would argue 99% of the people I come in contact with do not notice even though my shirt is tucked in and the two belt clips are visible. I had someone ask me what the belt clips were for after he observed me and another guy with them. I wasn't sure what to say, so I went with "it's personal, and I would rather not talk about it." lol He accepted it and went about his business.

I thought about telling him, but I haven't felt him out yet and don't think he would keep his mouth shut about it. I had another guy spot me today - he's a gun guy though so he doesn't count. He thanked me for carrying and began discretely asking me about it.

What have you guys said after you were spotted by a sheep?

If someone asks, I would tell them.  Nothing wrong with them realizing you are carrying and aren't scary.  Just make sure you are in a legal place to carry and not somewhere you shouldn't be.  I think skirting the question looks more suspicious than just being up front.

I am of the opinion that if you don't make a big deal of it, most others won't make a big deal of it.  If someone does and as long as your company doesn't have a policy against it, I would just simply respond I am doing nothing illegal and leave it at that.  I think typically we make it worse on ourselves by trying to justify why we carry to someone who will never understand.  Don't get sucked in.

Nobody has spotted me yet. I conceal very well.

Well, it being winter it is going to be easier for most anyone to conceal. I'm not so sure about the warmer months.....

All carrying legal though, in legal areas. I wouldn't pull it unless it was absolutely necessary.

Sheep asks Caster: Is that a gun?!?

Caster: uhh, yeah...

Sheep: Why are you carrying a gun?!?

Caster: It's against my religion to fight. Besides, Recoil is much easier to manage than blunt force trauma to my fists and or face.

Sheep: ......blank stare

Caster: ......sly grin...walks away casually, possibly whistling a Black Sabbath tune.
  • Like 18
Guest tommy62

We were in the store yesterday and my pants were unzipped. My wife said, 'Trying to take the focus off your gun?" I said no, but I was thinking that people are especially friendly today.