About to get my Glock 19 Gen 4

Guest MilitiaMan

Guest Southern Christian Armed

Man all I can say is why a gen 4? They changed the gen 4's. They have had a perfect thing for years, and then change it and it has recalls on guide spring already... Think about the 4.3 vortec v6 from chevy... Why did they do away with it? They never made any money of replacement parts cause it was a rock. Why change something perfect with so much testing? I'd wait for a gen 2 or 3 instead. Just my two cents......

Man all I can say is why a gen 4? They changed the gen 4's. They have had a perfect thing for years, and then change it and it has recalls on guide spring already... Think about the 4.3 vortec v6 from chevy... Why did they do away with it? They never made any money of replacement parts cause it was a rock. Why change something perfect with so much testing? I'd wait for a gen 2 or 3 instead. Just my two cents......

This was true on late Gen 3's & early Gen 4's -- But from mid 2012 on -- reports of issues have really declined.

I have (3) Gen 4's.

(1) G19 in FDE made in 10/2012 = No Issues

(1) G19 made in 12/2012 = No Issues

(1) G26 made 2/14/2013 = No Issues

Assuming you have the updated extractor - I'm relatively sure the issue is fixed :)

My gen4 20 is a big improvement over my gen2 I had and an improvement over my gen3 21. My gen2 glock 20 I would have been afraid to shoot my reloads through, the gen 4 has as good chamber support as my aftermarket barrel. Also much less recoil, and lets not forget that big ambi mag release for us lefties.

I would not be hesitant about a gen4.
Guest Victor9er

Old news is so old it has mold. Issues were when the gen4's first came out. Those have been addressed and they run smooth now. And I always love the people that say "Glocks were perfect and then they went and changed them" and these are the same people that the first thing they do to their old "perfect" Glocks is get some grip tape to slap on the grip, replace the mag release button with an aftermarket one, and swap out the trigger.

Old news is so old it has mold. Issues were when the gen4's first came out. Those have been addressed and they run smooth now. And I always love the people that say "Glocks were perfect and then they went and changed them" and these are the same people that the first thing they do to their old "perfect" Glocks is get some grip tape to slap on the grip, replace the mag release button with an aftermarket one, and swap out the trigger.

LOLOL

I've done 2.5 out of the 3 things you've listed! LOL ... except they were all on Gen 4's!!!!

Vickers Extended Mag Release & Slide Stop ... Talon Grips .... $.25 cent trigger job (thus giving myself half a point since I didn't replace it but still worked it a bit!)

I do agree with everything you said though!

Guest Victor9er

LOLOL

I've done 2.5 out of the 3 things you've listed! LOL ... except they were all on Gen 4's!!!!

Vickers Extended Mag Release & Slide Stop ... Talon Grips .... $.25 cent trigger job (thus giving myself half a point since I didn't replace it but still worked it a bit!)

I do agree with everything you said though!

I forgot to mention the sights!! :doh: Which is actually the only modification I've done to mine (gen4). I find the gen4 grips to be pretty aggressive as is, and I like the mag release much better than the gen3's. It could probably stand a quick trigger job, but it's nothing that makes me grit my teeth everytime I pull it.

I wish some of those Gen4 19s would make it to East TN. Gen4s here don't even make it to the shelf, dealer selling them on GunBroker! If anyone knows of Gen4 19 at a dealer in East TN for $549 please let me know!

I forgot to mention the sights!! :doh: Which is actually the only modification I've done to mine (gen4). I find the gen4 grips to be pretty aggressive as is, and I like the mag release much better than the gen3's. It could probably stand a quick trigger job, but it's nothing that makes me grit my teeth everytime I pull it.

I'm personally not a huge fan of night sights.  Never have been for some reason :)  The Gen 4 grips are a bit "too aggressive" for me -- Thus the reason I went with the Rubber Talon's.  I never have sweaty palms so the rubber doesn't get slick and works well for me :)  I'm coming from a PPQ trigger which had zero grittiness and a clean takeup/break.  Polishing the internals on the glock certainly isn't a PPQ trigger, but better than the standard :)

I wish some of those Gen4 19s would make it to East TN. Gen4s here don't even make it to the shelf, dealer selling them on GunBroker! If anyone knows of Gen4 19 at a dealer in East TN for $549 please let me know!

Your best bet may be stocking Academy (if you have one over there)

I think they price their Gen 4's at $579, which is a bit more than your requested $549, but they do get them in :)

How can you tell when it was made-

This was true on late Gen 3's & early Gen 4's -- But from mid 2012 on -- reports of issues have really declined.

I have (3) Gen 4's.

(1) G19 in FDE made in 10/2012 = No Issues

(1) G19 made in 12/2012 = No Issues

(1) G26 made 2/14/2013 = No Issues

Assuming you have the updated extractor - I'm relatively sure the issue is fixed :)