Moles

Fourtyfive

Guest summertime27

Get a dog that hates moles.... Then you will forget that the moles are screwing up your yard because you will be busy filling in all the holes your new dog digs!

I havent tried it personally yet, but my next tactic is to pick up a bad of dry ice pellets from Kroger. Dump them in any opening you can find. As it sublimates the it is heavier than air so it pushes it, along with the oxygen, out of the track system. Same idea as using it in food prep containers with the lid slightly ajar. I read about this method on a website of a local supplier of industrial dry ice.

Most other logical solutions deal with ridding your yard of grubs that they feed on. With a couple of dogs and a kiddie running around my backyard, no toxins for me.

I would be curious to hear if anyone has tried the dry ice trick.

I have the same problem. My Basset Hound loves digging for them, but he makes the problem even worse. Several people have mentioned that getting rid of the grubs is the key. No grubs means no food for the moles. I am going to look at my options.

Moles eat earthworms far more than anything else. It will make little difference if you get rid of the grubs or not.

Use to have mole problems really bad, did nothing, just suffered. Eventually got a cat (indoor/outdoor) for other reasons, problem solved. Been mole free for 2+ years now. No evidence other than a occasional dead mole on the back deck.

We have  3 cats and we  still have moles.  They make our backyard mushy.I hate it.

Seems our cats are to spoiled to eat them. I know they get a few here and there but leave them for us on our porch.I think for us the bigger problem is that we have something digging for grubs in our yard.Coons or Possums maybe.. not sure.

They make a bigger mess than those little moles I think.

I say enough Tannerite will get rid of them..lol

Growing up my dad would sit in the front porch and with a pick axe and watch for them. He had a way of tapering the dirt move and could drive the pick axe right in front of where the mole was and pull it out it of the ground. They would usually come flying up about 4 feet and he just put it in a 5 gallon bucket. They're pretty funny looking creatures but they're extremely furry. They're also some traps they build that you put in line of their holes. I think the most successful thing we used was a poison that killed off the moles food.

We have 3 cats and we still have moles. They make our backyard mushy.I hate it.
Seems our cats are to spoiled to eat them. I know they get a few here and there but leave them for us on our porch.I think for us the bigger problem is that we have something digging for grubs in our yard.Coons or Possums maybe.. not sure.

If they are leaving circles just a few inches deep you may have a armadillo problem. Edited by swim615

We have  3 cats and we  still have moles.  They make our backyard mushy.I hate it.

You need to get the sniper in the family to sling some reformed tire weights at them. :)