Muslims want gun shop to stop selling targets

Muslims remain Muslims because of the threat of death if they reject Muhammed. If they are so scared of the threat to

become something else, it answers a lot to me. They would rather live a lie than be honest with themselves. Powerful

threat from a "religion" wouldn't you say?

I would rather they police their own, like I said earlier in this discussion, but that doesn't seem apparent. Do you think I

should capitulate to someone else's desire to be dishonest with themselves and just accept carte blanche their sincerity

in the face of what happened on 9/11 or do you prefer that I adopt an idea that 9/11 is just history now? It's hypocritical

to think one way for one crowd, then another for another crowd.

I said I didn't trust them, not that I want to do otherwise, but until they deal with their own religious beliefs, in some rational

way, I don't see that changing, in my mind. It doesn't matter how many generations if the teachings of that religion are

believed and followed by some and not officially rejected by others for me to make my decision.

You and I just will have to agree that we disagree on this. I don't know what else to say. Except to my belief that it is more

of a government than religion, but with religious law to be followed. I can't accept that, okay?

If it did upset the local Catholic church or VFW, etc, would you be mad at them for speaking out concerning it?

I couldn't care less either way. I also don't think that veterans are naive enough to think the Muslims would do otherwise considering the targets at which we shot.

I work with a couple of Muslims over the recent years. One was from Pakistan and the other from Palestine. Both were nice and peaceful. The one from Pakistan denounced the fundmentalist's ACTIONS only. The other didn't strike me as much of a practicing Muslim: however, what he told me about what's really going on in Palestine was quite an eye-opener.

The other didn't strike me as much of a practicing Muslim: however, what he told me about what's really going on in Palestine was quite an eye-opener.

I don't suppose you had a map handy to have him point out where Palestine was on it. Can't find it on my globe.
  • Like 2

So for all of you who think the Muslims are overreacting would you be OK if their was a Muslim owned range and they had targets depicting American Service Men and Women (these represent only the bad ones),  The President (well some of you are probably OK with that), The Pope, etc? 

Would I like it, no

Would I go to that range, no

Would I tell them they couldn't use the targets, no. I still believe in the Constitution and it's their first amendment right.

I don't even think if somebody had a traget of me personally on it would bother me too much. It would bother me more if it was a target of somebody else I respected.

Guest ThePunisher

The ones I suspect as maybe being Muslims always tend to go out of their way to claim Christianity,
or something else, ....

Reminds me of someone in the WH.

The Muslims I know are good hard working families who are giving and care about others regardless of their faith and I count them as friends.

Okay, that's great, but the people on the targets aren't supposed to represent the good guys, it's meant to represent the bad guys. Your comparison of putting US servicemen on targets doesn't make sense. Are we the bad guys? Are we currently fighting against US troops? Yes, I would find that offensive. We aren't fighting US troops in US gear, but we have been killing a crap load of people from the Middle East over the past decade, a fact you repeatedly refuse to acknowledge. But there are plenty of targets which depict white, black and Hispanic persons and no one gets so butthurt over that.... at least most people who aren't closet racists.

If one of those targets was wearing a cross on their neck would that be offensive? It is a religious symbol more than the headgear you falsely believe is an Islam mandate. The answer is "no" I would not get offended, because there are plenty of folks who wear crosses who are bad guys, and I have enough sense to differentiate between the wearing of the cross and the man who wears it. You don't seem to be able to do that. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2
Guest Sgt. Joe

I served this country so that every American could retain the right to be free and to be freely offended by other Americans being free. I fail to see the big deal about any kind of paper targets.

I am a white man who clings to his Bible and loves his guns, yet there have been many times at the range that I have shot at targets of.......White men with guns. I harbor no hate for the picture on that target. I am shooting for #1 to improve my skills should I ever encounter a situation that I do all that I possible can to avoid and #2 because I enjoy shooting. I would shoot at pictures of my loved ones if that was all that was available.

The bottom line is that it is a piece of paper and that is all it is, something to shoot at. I would gladly spring for some exploding targets but my indoor range would likely frown upon that idea. 

I simply dont understand why anyone would be offended by any type of paper target, then again I dont understand much of anything that goes on in the country that I grew up in and took Honor in serving. 

And if anyone should be offended by a paper target it seems to me that it should be the tree huggers who could say that we have killed too many trees in order to make those targets. Of course these would be the same people who would not have read the small print on most of the targets that I have seen that say that they are made from recycled paper.

My thanks to all of you as you folks have provided a lively discussion that I did not expect from the thread title but no I am not going to bite into this one any deeper.

Personally I think that all this political correctness stuff has run it's course and has become just a bunch meaningless BS, at first it was kinda cute, then it was a pain in the backside, after a while it was just plain boring and now it it is all just plain stupid....kinda like even using the words political and correct in the same sentence.

I am pretty certain that it will never matter what we say or do, someone is going to be offended and complain about it so.....

SHOOTERS READY....ALL LANES CLEAR..... :rock: 

Guest RevScottie

Are we the bad guys?...but we have been killing a crap load of people from the Middle East over the past decade, a fact you repeatedly refuse to acknowledge...

The Muslim's fear is that you do not see the difference in the crap load of people you are killing in the Middle East and the crap load of Muslims living in the US. They feel that they are being identified with something they have no part in. From the responses seen on here they have a good reason to be fearful.

So for all of you who think the Muslims are overreacting would you be OK if their was a Muslim owned range and they had targets depicting American Service Men and Women (these represent only the bad ones),  The President (well some of you are probably OK with that), The Pope, etc? 

How, exactly, does a target depicting a dead (or undead) terrorist equate to the examples you mentioned?  If these Muslims have a problem with folks shooting terrorists in effigy then perhaps we should stop to wonder why that is.  It seems to me that the only reason someone would be offended by skeletal terrorist targets is that they equate themselves with those terrorists or, at the very least, sympathize with them.  If that is the case then I really don't give a hairy rat's posterior about their feelings being hurt.

Edited by JAB

The Muslim's fear is that you do not see the difference in the crap load of people you are killing in the Middle East and the crap load of Muslims living in the US.

I guess that's their problem. I'm not going to change my behavior because of someone else's irrational fears. Even if they are rational fears, as you seem to think, I don't see how a paper target changes any of that.

Nashville has a massive Muslim population, but I have no intention or urge to start killing them because I've shot paper targets with Arabs on them. Perhaps if they were pointing an AK47 at me, like the targets depict, that would be different. But then I suppose that would be true of anyone pointing any weapon at me, so I still don't understand your argument. Is your argument that they should only have white Anglo-Saxon males on them? Would that be somehow more acceptable? Think about that, really, and then try to tell me how that line of thinking isn't absolutely racist in it of itself.

You still haven't answered my question of a guy being on a target with a cross on his neck, nor have you acknowledge whether simply wearing a rag on your head is an Islamic mandate, which it is not.

The Muslim's fear is that you do not see the difference in the crap load of people you are killing in the Middle East and the crap load of Muslims living in the US. They feel that they are being identified with something they have no part in. From the responses seen on here they have a good reason to be fearful.

Once, again, just because I may go to the range and shoot at targets depicting assailants wearing ski masks doesn't mean I automatically associate wearing a ski mask with being 'evil' nor does it mean I am going to shoot someone simply for wearing a ski mask.  Likewise, just because I might shoot at a target depicting an assailant wearing an unbuttoned, flannel shirt over a t-shirt doesn't mean I am going to automatically equate being so dressed with being a criminal nor does it mean I will shoot flannel shirts on sight.

Heck, just because I might shoot at targets depicting ground hogs doesn't mean I am out to stage a whistle pig massacre.  So, once again, there are a few possibilities here:

1. The Muslims who are whining actually do equate themselves with terrorists and that is why they are offended

2. The Muslims who are whining honestly believe that we are too stupid to tell the difference between a paper target depicting a   dead terrorists and a real life, non-terrorist Muslim (in which case maybe WE should be offended)

3. The Muslims who are whining are simply a bunch of overly sensitive a-holes who are looking for a reason to be offended and who think they should have a right to dictate behavior to the rest of us

4. The Muslims who are whining are just plain, old stupid or

5. A combination of two or more of the above

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

I would not be bothered in the least.   They would get butt-probed if they dared to shoot the leader for life's picture --- that may not be a crime but it leads to investigation that one would be wise to avoid.   But the rest of em?  Blast away.

The zombie targets HAVE, in the words of obama, a number of "typical white people" depicted anyway.   There is a cowboy, it does not get any closer to home than that, really.  The target my wife bought yesterday wasa white man dual wielding revolvers (with anatomical cutaway view to see what you are hitting in terms of organs).   I think there are a couple of uniformed soldiers (possibly WWII era uniform?) and a LEO-gone-zombie as well.

I would not be bothered in the least.   They would get butt-probed if they dared to shoot the leader for life's picture --- that may not be a crime but it leads to investigation that one would be wise to avoid.   But the rest of em?  Blast away.

The zombie targets HAVE, in the words of obama, a number of "typical white people" depicted anyway.   There is a cowboy, it does not get any closer to home than that, really.  The target my wife bought yesterday wasa white man dual wielding revolvers (with anatomical cutaway view to see what you are hitting in terms of organs).   I think there are a couple of uniformed soldiers (possibly WWII era uniform?) and a LEO-gone-zombie as well.

Ahhhh, I'm so butthurt and offended by these targets now! We must stop this, as it will lead to discrimination and blood in the streets! Somebody call the ACLU!

I don't suppose you had a map handy to have him point out where Palestine was on it. Can't find it on my globe.

Yet the UN has recognized "Palestine" as an Observer State.  State of mind, I guess they mean. But they do have a flag and all.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Yet the UN has recognized "Palestine" as an Observer State.  State of mind, I guess they mean. But they do have a flag and all.

- OS

All I can think of when I read this was a comedy bit by Eddie Izzard involving conquest and a flag. Pretty funny guy, despite his taste in clothing

Yet the UN has recognized "Palestine" as an Observer State. State of mind, I guess they mean. But they do have a flag and all.

- OS

Yet they won't recognize Kurdistan, even though they have borders and an autonomous government.

As for "Palestinians", it speaks volumes that the Jordanis won't even claim them despite historical boundaries which would put the "Palestinians" square in Jordo territory. Edited by TMF
  • 2 weeks later...