POTUS pushes for a vote on Gun Control

What concerns me is that he and his team do not make uncertain moves.  They know the numbers, and they operate by the numbers.  If he is pushing for a vote, he/they know something.  They knew they would win the election by a large margin - while the republicans were taken by surprise.  They are a brilliant collection of folks.  

I'm wondering what they have up their sleeves on this.

With that said, we must keep communicating with our representatives.  We will have to be more intelligent, more tenacious, more sensitive, and more active than we have ever been as a constituency.

• Like 2
Ahh, thanks. I have to wonder if he is really pushing congress for a vote or posturing for the media to make the GOP look worse. I was watching the newest episode of The Walking Dead on Amazon while he was teleprompting. I'd rather watch zombies than him, lol Edited by Batman

When there is a vote the Dems will still win even though the Reps will smack it down.  When their gun control laws get smacked down then they can use that against the Reps ("the blood of the innocent is on their hands!" or "We tried to save little Johnny with our inneffective and unconstitutional laws, and now Johnny is dead because of the evil, white, gun-toting, bible-thumping Republicans!").

Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

He is playing with fire. If it is put to a vote, win or loss, there will be a lot of democrats out of a job in 2014. I think the reason why there hasn't been a vote yet has just as much to do with the democrats not wanting to vote as the republicans not wanting a vote. Nobody wants to touch it because of the shake up after the 94 AWB.

I think if there is not a vote we are going to get hammered in the mid terms. I think a vote will bring out enough gun owners to make a difference in the mid terms.

Either way we are going to have a hard time in 2014. Not because we won't vote or we don't have enough votes but because the democratic voters believe that voting more than once is ok. Personally I would love to see all voters marked with indelible ink when they vote.

Dolomite

• Like 2

I think we need to see that vote and allow the media to make itself into the fools they are. People are turning away from

liberal thought. They see the the fraud, finally, and a vote on Feinstein's bill or other trash will help us in 2014, at least

in the Congress, both houses. I think the left will suffer in the mid-term, just like before.

The low information voter only tends to vote in the presidential elections and will sit it out because a congressman can't

promise the moon to the extent a president can.

And over 300,000 little unborn Johnny's are dead (per year) because of the evil, soulless, Democrat's blood stained hands. Hypocrites.

Wait till they get their way with the death panels. It won't just be the unwanted babies it'll be the unwanted sick, elderly, and handicapped. Ah, perfection! :shake:

• Like 1

People are turning away from liberal thought. They see the the fraud, finally, and a vote on Feinstein's bill or other trash will help us in 2014, at least

in the Congress, both houses. I think the left will suffer in the mid-term, just like before.

I want to agree with you, and I hope you are right, but the last 2 presidential elections have shown that the Obama administration are data-mining geniuses.  They are also good at turning that data into their benefit.  Every move is calculated.  Every other "movement" (party) will have to make great strides to step up their game to this unprecedented level.  

"We" are not missing the boat in "what" we say (Rubio did a fine job).  Obama has changed the political game, it looked like stumbling for 4 years; now it is beginning to gel, and now everyone else is having to adapt to figure out his new "playbook".  He approaches it fundamentally different than old school strategists do.  If we don't adapt and innovate, the game is up.  - remember, it took him years to get the system working.  If we started 2 years ago, we would still be 2 years behind.... and judging from November... we didn't start 2 years ago.

So, I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm just saying that my hunch is - we don't know how far behind we are.

Please, please show me where I am wrong.  I would love to be wrong.

I think we need to see that vote and allow the media to make itself into the fools they are. People are turning away from

liberal thought. They see the the fraud, finally, and a vote on Feinstein's bill or other trash will help us in 2014, at least

The low information voter only tends to vote in the presidential elections and will sit it out because a congressman can't

promise the moon to the extent a president can.

Disclaimer - I have nothing personally against any of our fine government officials.  I wish them and their families all well.  I simply disagree with some of them on political issues that are importan to me.

Edited by Peace
  • Like 1

....People are turning away from liberal thought. ...

Individuals are, but "people" aren't. The "people" aren't thinking at all.

I want to agree with you, and I hope you are right, but the last 2 presidential elections have shown that the Obama administration are data-mining geniuses.  ...

So, I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm just saying that my hunch is - we don't know how far behind we are. ....

Please, please show me where I am wrong.  I would love to be wrong.

I would have loved to have been wrong about my predictions so far too. But I don't think you are, either.

- OS

He is playing with fire. If it is put to a vote, win or loss, there will be a lot of democrats out of a job in 2014. I think the reason why there hasn't been a vote yet has just as much to do with the democrats not wanting to vote as the republicans not wanting a vote. Nobody wants to touch it because of the shake up after the 94 AWB.

I think if there is not a vote we are going to get hammered in the mid terms. I think a vote will bring out enough gun owners to make a difference in the mid terms.

Either way we are going to have a hard time in 2014. Not because we won't vote or we don't have enough votes but because the democratic voters believe that voting more than once is ok. Personally I would love to see all voters marked with indelible ink when they vote.

Dolomite

It's possibly a move the Democrats are willing to take.  It would be a short term loss but a long term win.  They would loose big in 2014 but over time the could get their power right back with the end result of being more gun control.  If Barry gets this through and they loose in 2014 how likely is it that the Republican party would repeal the law?   In 1996 a lot of Democrats lost their seats over the AWB but the law was not repealed.  Now look where we are 17 years later.