Recommendation for HCP instructor in Chattanooga

Guest mechanically

Guest mechanically
I'm going to acquire my HCP asap, and was hoping to get a little advise. I know there are lots of places that offer the class, and I don't necessarily feel "attached" to any particular retailer here in Chattanooga, although I keep my business and dollars local every chance I get.

Here's my question; is there a particular instructor that a local Chattanoogan could recommend to me? I don't see the class as a waste of time, or some hoop I have to jump through, but rather a chance to learn a new skill set that I will spend years refining, and I'd like to learn from the best, assuming all classes aren't created equal...

So, I'd love to hear if you had an instructor who took pains to share their expertise with you when you got your permit? I'd love to receive instruction from someone with a great deal of experience and who enjoys sharing that knowledge with someone who really wants to take a class seriously.

I figured if there was a well-regarded instructor recommended, I'd just call wherever they teach and asked to be signed up for their next available class.

I've really enjoyed the attitude and character of the members of this forum, so thanks for being willing to help the new guy!

My wife & daughters went to Dodd & Associates.  Most other family members went to Shooter's Depot.  Both treated new shooters that I sent to them well.  Women were especially treated with respect at both places.  Women from church I take to Amy or Aimee at Shooters Depot now.   Both of these two options have a proven track record and good reputations.

Cherokee Slim

Christy at Carter's taught a very good class.
Dodd and associates ? like Ronnie Dodd ? Ive wondered how he is doing.

+2 for Christy.

Very thorough and knows the subject cold.

Unfortunately I am done doing business with Carter's, Benton Shooters Supply and every other gun shop that exploited pricing such as $50 30-round mags.

My business will go to Sportsmans Warehouse, Academy Sports, Walmart, GT Distributors and a few more that did not cash in the craze. They earned my business and I vote with my dollars. A couple of those business' got some significant purchases from me in the last couple of months and I made sure they knew it was because of their ethics and business practices.
  • Like 1
Guest MoonMan
On and just found out my sister in law.bdoes anyone know what target size they are changing too? Christy said that the max yards is 7 yards starting in April. The target is smaller though. Just wondering if anyone knew. Edited by MoonMan
Guest mechanically
Just wanted to thank you folk for the help! I'm signed up for my class in April! Wish I could get an earlier one, but will be well worth the wait.

I appreciate the awesome community on this forum!
Guest mechanically

I with the feedback here, and talking to folks I know, I signed up for a Shooters Depot class. It helped that they're probably the closest to me anyway. 

Thanks again!

I took mine at Sportsmans supply on Hixson Pike by Northgate.  Good class.  A guy named Ron did that one too I believe. He was a member of Chattanooga Swat team.  I was transferring my permit from GA at the time. Been about 3 years ago now.

Edited by Randall53