Here they come, first bill to take guns

Guest No Ammo

Yes but it goes to show that the "Anti" crowd is lying by saying "Nobody wants to take away your guns" :down: :down:

I haven't heard anyone here in TN mention any kind of bill like this but that doesn't mean that they won't at some point. The Anti-gun bunch will not stop until we are disarmed completely. Those that are on the fence will say that we just need this law and then that law. It kinda makes me think of the way Dave Ramsey talks about getting rid of a mountain of debt. His comment is "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!" Anyone who can't see that is the same way the Libs have been eating away at that elephant (2nd Amendment) has their head in the sand!

Well, I gotta be honest, if this bill passes in Missouri the citizens of that state should forcibly overthrow that states government. This is the clearest violation of the 2nd Amendment yet. I can't imagine this happening in TN, but if it did I know I wouldn't be turning in my guns. Edited by TMF
  • Like 3

Well, I gotta be honest, if this bill passes in Missouri the citizens of that state should forcibly overthrow that states government. This is the clearest violation of the 2nd Amendment yet. I can't imagine this happening in TN, but if it did I know I wouldn't be turning in my guns.

I agree! And all of the town's I know of there are full of people who hunt and grew up shooting and riding around with guns in the back window of their pickups. Just like New York, the libs in one or two big cities are making decisions to appease a minority.

I need to add this to my last statement:

I unfriended an old classmate on Facebook last month (we graduated together in MO) because he kept posting things like "I'm tired of seeing all of these posts from all of you azzhats about Obama wanting to take your guns". Well one, he supported Obama, and two, he grew up hunting and shooting guns, and was too stupid to see what's going on now. I wonder what he thinks now that the law is in his state and not New York. But logically, he probably doesn't even know it's been introduced, since he was so uninformed before.

• Like 2

Wow. I doubt that will fly in Missouri.  

I always thought of Missouri as being pretty conservative, but it seems a lot of the crazy gun stuff is coming out of that state. These are the folks that had a representative who wanted to make it a crime if you didn't report to the school system that you had a gun in your home..... for the safety of the "children"...
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

This whole AWB craziness is only gonna get worse since New York, California, etc., Missouri are trying to trample on the 2nd Amendment. The more states that go along with this silliness, the more states that these AWB bills will pop up in.

I always thought of Missouri as being pretty conservative, but it seems a lot of the crazy gun stuff is coming out of that state. These are the folks that had a representative who wanted to make it a crime if you didn't report to the school system that you had a gun in your home..... for the safety of the "children"...

Yea that is true. I thought they were doing good there for awhile, but I haven't paid attention in a few years. My ex-wife was from there so I used to pay closer attention to the laws and changes since we traveled there often.

It's part of Obama's traveling anti-gun crusade. That's his focus since he knows that Congress won't pass anything. It

may only work in the bluest of states. Missouri won't even go for it.

I am from Missouri, it is a mostly conservative state. BUT, there are a ton of Liberals there too. Also, many people in the state that are conservative vote Democrat simply because they belong to labor unions. The labor unions in Missouri send out voting cards to all of their members telling them who to vote for......and they are always all DEMOCRATS. Also, the St. Louis and Kansas City areas have a large base of Democrats as well. I was very frustrated during the last election. My mom and step dad voted straight Democrat even though I told them they would be sorry. They would not listen because the labor union fed them a load of crap that Romney was going to somehow combine railroad retirement with social security. It was a total lie. Then, my wife's grandparents turned around and voted for Obama because the automotive labor union told them to despite the fact that they both do not like Obama.

I am glad I left Missouri. The job market is terrible and the taxes are getting bad. They have a state income tax and high personal property taxes. I was getting hit for almost $1000.00 a year in personal property tax alone. My step dad pays over $7,000.00 a year in state income taxes alone on about $100k of income. Edited by Seabeejason
  • Like 1

I am from Missouri, it is a mostly conservative state. BUT, there are a ton of Liberals there too. Also, many people in the state that are conservative vote Democrat simply because they belong to labor unions. The labor unions in Missouri send out voting cards to all of their members telling them who to vote for......and they are always all DEMOCRATS. Also, the St. Louis and Kansas City areas have a large base of Democrats as well. I was very frustrated during the last election. My mom and step dad voted straight Democrat even though I told them they would be sorry. They would not listen because the labor union fed them a load of crap that Romney was going to somehow combine railroad retirement with social security. It was a total lie. Then, my wife's grandparents turned around and voted for Obama because the automotive labor union told them to despite the fact that they both do not like Obama.
I am glad I left Missouri. The job market is terrible and the taxes are getting bad. They have a state income tax and high personal property taxes. I was getting hit for almost $1000.00 a year in personal property tax alone. My step dad pays over $7,000.00 a year in state income taxes alone on about $100k of income.

All very true. All of my family in MO couldn't believe I didn't support Obama, and I couldn't believe they would. They are all hardcore Democrats because the older generations in the family were back when Democrats stood for something different than they do now. They really think that Republicans only like rich people. I am definitely not rich, and these days not happy with the Republicans for being cowards. So between unions like you said, and people that just don't stay current with politics, the conservative people in MO need to stand loud!