Walking dead - movie logic

NoBanStan

I spooted that too during the all-day update on Sunday. There are also times when you see them work the safeties on the sides of their Glocks. That's too funny.

They do the glock safety thing in ep 1 (that's the one that stands out to me, don't recall others). At the road block pre apocalypse, Rick tells one of the other officers to make sure a round is in the chamber and the safety is off. You hear the "click" of the glock safety ... Lol. Also when he checks the chamber it looks pretty empty but it's hard to see for sure from the camera angle.
  • Moderators

Maybe he was using one of those cheap Chinese red dots and it broke. Didn't buy a BUIS when he had the chance and is now doing the best he can!

Well... i hesitate to say logic.

My wife was rewatching the first half of season three and i had to say.... woah pause it. Something aint right here....

twds3e03_22-tfb.jpg

That particular Glock did not have a safety though. :pleased:  That guy is also presumed dead. I bet he forgot to turn it off when he drew again and the zombie got him. Further proof safeties are no good. :rofl:

Actually, Rick killed him (he was a zed) when he and Morgan left the police station. Python to the head.

Hate to say this, but I was on a range once with soft skill POGs and saw a private trying to zero his weapon with no rear sight on it. I intervened asking him if there was anything missing on his weapon. He was lost. :(

how did he plan to zero... ahhh you know what, i won't ask. *rubs eyes*

Think about this. If you were to walk into a sporting goods store, any of them, and look at AR's do they generally have a rear sight? They generally do not come with rear sights so unless the place that has AR's also has rear sights you are not going to walk out with one.

If you walked into any Walmart and looted an AR it would not have sights.

And as useless as an AR without sights may seem it is still useable. Most people can hit a target at 15 feet without using the sights. Or you could walk in the shots if shooting at longer distances. And without sights they are still pretty intimidating when you are staring down the barrel.

Dolomite

• Like 1

Think about this. If you were to walk into a sporting goods store, any of them, and look at AR's do they generally have a rear sight? They generally do not come with rear sights so unless the place that has AR's also has rear sights you are not going to walk out with one.

If you walked into any Walmart and looted an AR it would not have sights.

And as useless as an AR without sights may seem it is still useable. Most people can hit a target at 15 feet without using the sights. Or you could walk in the shots if shooting at longer distances. And without sights they are still pretty intimidating when you are staring down the barrel.

Dolomite

True, but in this scene the governor and his men ambush a group of US soldiers. So it's the wrong length barrel and would have had some type of optic i imagine.

Regardless, in a SHTF scenario i dont think i'm going to throw away a rifle without sights, if it shoots, i can make use of it.

• 3 weeks later...

In comic 108, someone complains to Kirkman about the way guns seem to function magically and Kirkman responds by saying that "Whatever it is that caused the zombies also changed the way guns work". .....I don't think it will be perfectly realistic or accurate anytime soon.

Why didn't Andrea take the truck after she loosed the walkers on the Governor or at least flattened the tires if the keys were not in it?  Blonde moment?

A: stress of the moment, ie didn't think about it 

or 

B: Plot device....ie governor had to have a way to catch her?