Did LAPD Kill Dorner for $1.1 Million ???

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/15/1m-reward-for-christopher-dorner-may-go-uncollected/

The $1 million pledged by the city was "for information that will lead to Mr. Dorner's capture." Another $100,000 pledged by the L.A. City Council had similar language, stating the money was for information "leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of Christopher Dorner."

Since Dorner was never captured, apprehended or convicted, and instead died Tuesday night during a dramatic standoff near Big Bear, Calif., when the cabin he barricaded himself in burned down with him inside, the terms were not met.

Maybe they didn't "apprehend" him because the day he died Dorner engaged a truck with Park Rangers in it with a heavy volume of fire in an attempt to kill the occupants, then later shot two deputies, killing one, before barricading himself in the house and not surrendering when given the opportunity, making it clear to any one WHO HAS BASIC REASONING SKILLS, that he will try to kill anyone who enters the home to apprehend him. I don't know about you, but I'm not going into that house to face certain death if there is a way around it. They tried to gas him. It caused a fire (maybe). Sh*t like that happens when you kill 4 people and tell the police you have no intention of being taken alive.
  • Like 5
  • Administrator

Maybe they didn't "apprehend" him because the day he died Dorner engaged a truck with Park Rangers in it with a heavy volume of fire in an attempt to kill the occupants, then later shot two deputies, killing one, before barricading himself in the house and not surrendering when given the opportunity, making it clear to any one WHO HAS BASIC REASONING SKILLS, that he will try to kill anyone who enters the home to apprehend him. I don't know about you, but I'm not going into that house to face certain death if there is a way around it. They tried to gas him. It caused a fire (maybe). Sh*t like that happens when you kill 4 people and tell the police you have no intention of being taken alive.

No no no... you're missing the important opportunity to spin this as a conspiracy.  Gosh.

• Like 2

Noo! David, this is a dead, crazy liberal. No conspiracy needed. :D He did a lot of good being a super hero for the nutjobs. It

was a good thing to happen. Hollywood lived out a movie fantasy. I'll bet they make another PC movie out of it. Guy was obviously

a victim, wasn't he? :D

Nothing doing. They didn't kill him at all so far as we know, it appears he killed himself. I also highly doubt that the reward was even a thought in the responding officers minds. He had plenty of opportunity to turn himself in, was given every chance. To say that the LAPD killed him at is misguided and mistaken, they did everything in their power to try and save him from himself.
  • Administrator

Address your abject disdain for the implications of conspiracy theories at the writer of the article please, I am merely the messenger.  Thanks.

Mmmm... abject disdain.  I was trying to put my finger on just how much I detest conspiracy theories and that really describes it nicely.  Abject disdain.  Yep.  :D

• Like 1

Police departments and individual officers don't get reward money, it's unethical and most times illegal, so the point of the story is moot.

The story wasn't talking about any LEO getting or not getting the money, it was implying that they didn't have to pay out to any citizens because Dorner was not technically "apprehended".  That is all.

No no no... you're missing the important opportunity to spin this as a conspiracy.  Gosh.

Some people don't miss any opportunity to break out their tinfoil.  I get tired of it too. It is absolutely just as bad as folks on the other end of the political spectrum who never let a tragedy be a tragedy.  It's always an opportunity for them to push their political agenda.  

Edited by JReedEsq
  • Like 2

Yes because using CS grenades that carry an explicate warning not to be used inside structures because of the high risk of fire.  This is such common knowledge that the grenades have the nickname 'burners', which you can hear the LAPD swat team referring to them as such.

A secondary question might be why the LAPD swat team was attempting to arrest a wanted individual outside their jurisdiction in the first place?  Why wasn't the local swat team which is certified the exact same as the LAPD team is not the lead on this stand off?  Why were LAPD officers 'in charge'?

With house surrounded, why was the order given to move officers back in harms way to deploy said 'burners'?  Instead of holding a perimeter and waiting Dorner out? 

This guy was a bad man, no doubt...  but it sure doesn't seem like there was going to be any attempt by the LAPD to take him alive.  It smells bad.

Nothing doing. They didn't kill him at all so far as we know, it appears he killed himself. I also highly doubt that the reward was even a thought in the responding officers minds. He had plenty of opportunity to turn himself in, was given every chance. To say that the LAPD killed him at is misguided and mistaken, they did everything in their power to try and save him from himself.

Well I've given my opinion from what we know up till now, before making anymore speculations I'm going to wait for more pertinent information to come out. At the end of the day I'm glad the threat is ended, no one else got hurt and the tax payers aren't burdened with a trail and ulimetly to pay to food and clothe the phyco.

I will maintain my original statement that the LAPD didn't kill him, he killed himself. At the worst if it were an officers bullet we'd be looking at "death by cop" I'm guessing more like death by self inflicted gunshot.

Just to touch on another topic, are we sure that LAPD was in charge? Has there been an official report stating this? Is it possible that San Bernadino would have requested assistance in the form of leadership from the LAPD? These are things that we at this time just don't know, personally with the crap job the media does I won't be taking their word for anything in this case.

As to why not set a perimeter and wait him out? Once again we are at a disadvantage of not being there, not being privy to the decisions of the shot callers or their reasoning why. Edited by TrickyNicky
While we're at it we need to investigate the killing of Bonnie and Clyde. Obviously they were victims of a police state that was only concerned with stripping people's rights to due process since they were gunned down without opportunity to surrender.