My bike is here!

Got my bike today and of course I haven't rode it yet, it's raining but I probably won't take it out until I take the MSF class this weekend and then I will be taking it slow. But she/he/it is in my garage and sitting pretty! Oh forgot to say what kind it is, this is a Yamaha V Star Classic.

mybike.jpg

Edited by Guns&Dobes
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest readyornot

Nothing like a little "Throttle Therapy" to clear your head. Enjoy your new ride. The MSF class is well worth it. The slow speed manuevering skills are extremely helpfull. Where are you taking your class?

I probably won't take it out until I take the MSF class this weekend and then I will be taking it slow.

That's what I said too. That thing's going to be calling your name until you give it a little spin around the block.

Great looking bike...Enjoy!!

Oh...and when doing figure 8's in the box at the MSF course....don't look down at the ground....and don't ask me how I know... :)

Thanks Fallguy and ummm, how will I know that I am staying in the box if I can't look down? :bowrofl::D

About how big is the box? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Thanks Fallguy and ummm, how will I know that I am staying in the box if I can't look down? :cool::D

About how big is the box? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Let's just say staying in the box, while important, may not be the MOST important thing....lol

I don't remember for sure on the size, but roughly like two parking spaces.

If you have checked it out already here[/ull] is the MSF website about the Rider's Course.

• Administrator
Got my bike today and of course I haven't rode it yet, it's raining but I probably won't take it out until I take the MSF class this weekend and then I will be taking it slow. But she/he/it is in my garage and sitting pretty! Oh forgot to say what kind it is, this is a Yamaha V Star Classic.

mybike.jpg

That's a pretty machine. Be careful of the other people on the road! It's amazing how many times I see jerks in cars or trucks crowding cyclists during my daily commutes.

Thanks everyone!

jwp, a jacket is next on the list. I have two different leather jackets but I want one like you have in the pic, only I want a bright colored one, hot pink preferred LOL. I am still looking, haven't found quite what I want yet. I am trying to get it all together, I do have gloves just didn't have them on. I have boots and a helmet also so I am almost covered.

I used to think gear was silly, until I went down.

Thankfully I was wearing gear at the time.

Gloves were shredded, jacket, helmet were too. Pants and boots were for the most part still perfect which was odd considering that's what hit the hardest (at least that's what I thought as I slid down Hwy. 28).