My bike is here!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BarqueCat

Congrats! When you are out and about, stop in and say hello. (We are the bike shop behind "Biker Rags" on Kingston Pike in Knoxville). I rode for years before I took the MSF course and I highly recommend it. Physics keeps you going while moving at speed, the skills learned in the course keep you going while slow.

Guest Phantom6

Lookin' good Guns&Dobes. Noticed another important piece of equipment missing though- a good rifle scabbard and a set of locking hardshell saddlebags.:D After all, how ya goin' to take your shootin' stuff to the range?

Lookin' good Guns&Dobes. Noticed another important piece of equipment missing though- a good rifle scabbard and a set of locking hardshell saddlebags.:P After all, how ya goin' to take your shootin' stuff to the range?

Oh yes definitely on the saddlebags but in due time, I am breaking the piggy bank trying to get all this stuff together LOL. I hadn't really thought about the hardshell, I just figured leather would be good. LOL now you gave me something else to think about :D

Guest Phantom6

The hardshell route will be a bit more expensive with the mounts and all but a whole lot more secure. That way you can stop going to and from the range without having to lug your leather saddle bags with you. After all, who wants to carry two or three pistols and assorted ammo plus raingear and a simple tool kit around with them while stopping at Cracker Barrel on the way to the range on Saturday mornings?

Just a thought.

Again congrats on the nice ride.

Congratulations, on your new bike. My wife and I rode our bikes to the Smokies last week. She did not want to ride her bike on the Tail of the Dragon, something about it having 318 curves in 11 miles :shrug:, so she rode with me. I read in one of your other post that you would like to ride to the mountains on a bike and here is a couple of pictures.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/photocard.aspx?pc=C6A32E473648D5A86B2E28AEE0F7D333

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/photocard.aspx?pc=C6A32E473648D5A8D51D0B9878273621

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/photocard.aspx?pc=5BEDDE7035522BF5969ADAFCCEE52AD1

Thank you ZZRguy, I really am liking it, haven't rode it anymore until I am done with class which is tomorrow and Sunday.

I love the pictures and I love her jacket, it has the colors I want. :) I understand her concern about Tail of the Dragon, I'm not sure I will ever do it, but who knows, I surprise myself sometimes. :shrug:

Oh no, don't worry about hijacking the thread, I love looking at pictures, ya'll look good together. Does she carry? She needs to come join us on here. :) actually I need to get her to come to a womens motorcycle forum I go to, it is great! Let me know if she is interested.

Oh no, don't worry about hijacking the thread, I love looking at pictures, ya'll look good together.

Thanks and good luck today.

Does she carry? Yes, but not all the time.

She needs to come join us on here. :mad: I have mentioned it but she is not interested.

actually I need to get her to come to a womens motorcycle forum I go to, it is great! Let me know if she is interested.

Read in the quote.

I signed up on the motorcycle forum for her bike but she was not really interested in it either, basically the only thing she really looks at on the computer is myspace, but I will ask, Thanks.

Edited by ZZRguy

Well the class is over and I passed! I was exhausted after each day but I did get on my bike after I got home yesterday, showered and ate. I took the class on a Kawasaki Eliminator 250. Getting on the V Star 650 was definitely different as far as size and weight but the basics apply on either. Here is a picture of me at the class and then some of me yesterday evening on my bike. There is a little industrial park close to where I live that I rode down to so I could practise.

msf-class.jpg

downhill.jpg

peaceout.jpg

ride.jpg

riding1.jpg

zoom.jpg