Need opinions on a quality EDC Folder

while I've got a few quality fixed blades, some that i carry EDC, I've had the itch for a quality folder for a bit.  I've narrowed my thoughts down to a handful, but i'm curious what quality EDC folders you guys use?  I think I've narrowed the field to a couple of different spyderco's (Native, Delica4, Endura4, paramilitary), the Ontario RAT 1, and a SOG model that's escaping me right now.  

I love my PM2 good luck finding one right now though. I have a Pacific Salt which is similar to the Endura, my problem with it is there is almost 4 inches of blade and that's a lot for EDC to me. Where the PM2 has around 3.5 inches of blade and a nice choil to choke up on. I just got a Dragonfly 2 in ZDP-189 it's a lot smaller than what I'm used to carrying, but I think I'm gonna like it.

I like the Griptilian had 2 of them and lost them. But, I can't pay over $100 for a knife with 440c or 154cm when for the same price I can get a PM2 with S30V.

I personally carry the spyderco stretch, and use the delica as a back up. I love both. A good friend of mine has the paramilitary 2 and it is pretty sweet as well. I don't think you can go wrong with a spyderco. I do wish the sypderco carried and little deeper in the pocket as I get occasional questions about the top of my knife showing....A couple of my family members carry a SOG trident and SOG mini aegis. Both seem like quality knives.

Hey, I am new to the forums but for what its worth the Rat is awesome.

Also if you happen to lose it you won't feel the pain in the pocket as much, you can buy about 3 maybe 4 or 5 for the price of most of the others!!

I have or have had Benchmade, Kershaw, Masters Of Defense, SOG, Spyderco, TOPS and ESEE knives.

RK

Guest Bowdenknxvll

Go for the PM2.  Its the best designed folder Ive ever used.  Great lock, great steel, perfect ergos, and not too big.  Ive had many others but I carry this one every day.

wow, thanks guys for all the responses!  i didn't expect so many.  i really appreciate all the input and advice.  Big thanks to jimmydeuce for posting that size pic...very helpful.  i have a date tomorrow with SMKW in Sevierville to look at the different options.  

so here's what i'm thinking...basically i have two options.  option 1, i can get a spyderco PM2 or a benchmade or ZT model and have just one... or option 2 is i could go with a RAT1 & an Endura/Delica 4 for about the same price.  I really like the RAT1 feel (i've held and used one of those before).  i kinda leaning towards options 2...

Guest Bowdenknxvll

wow, thanks guys for all the responses!  i didn't expect so many.  i really appreciate all the input and advice.  Big thanks to jimmydeuce for posting that size pic...very helpful.  i have a date tomorrow with SMKW in Sevierville to look at the different options.  

so here's what i'm thinking...basically i have two options.  option 1, i can get a spyderco PM2 or a benchmade or ZT model and have just one... or option 2 is i could go with a RAT1 & an Endura/Delica 4 for about the same price.  I really like the RAT1 feel (i've held and used one of those before).  i kinda leaning towards options 2...

I bet you change your mind after holding the PM2 :)

Guest Bowdenknxvll

If you want a good Kershaw blem, check out Kershaw guy over on Bladeforums.  He has about everything at great prices, and he is a great guy to deal with.

Guest guillotineking117

I've been carrying the SOG Aegis with the black TINT finish for almost three months now. The 3.5 inch blade is small enough that it can be used for most everyday cutting tasks; but large and fast enough that it could be deployed as a self defense blade. It's very light and the assisted opening is great.

Guest HiddenFolder

a mini-grip or a delica are great EDC options if you work in an office environment (you won't scare anyone). However, mine have been in the drawer lately and I've been keeping around a zt 0350.

You didn't mention what kind of quality.  If you are talking top quality, I don't think anyone can really do better than a CR Sebenza.  They don't look all that fancy unless you go damascus or some wild design, but I think they are pretty much second to none in terms of quality.

High quality at a cheaper price is represented by the Zero Tolerance line.  My favorite ZT will always be the ZT0300 followed by the 0561.