Disturbing trend?

The little lady and I were at the Bristol Tn walmart today to pick up a few supplies. We had decided that each payday we should probably buy a box of ammo for each of us and build a little stock pile. I went over to the cabinet where they keep the ammo and was shocked to find that there was absolutely not one box of handgun caliber ammunition to be found, just hunting rounds for rifle and shotgun.....and not much of that. I've had the feeling that the anti-gun crowd realizes they have an uphill battle trying to eliminate our 2nd amendment rights and they might use the easiest way to get their way.........limit accessibility to ammunition and tax it to the point where no one can afford it. I've got a bad feeling about this, especially after reading this morning that homeland security has recently purchased a billion rounds. Is this how it will begin?
Not trying to be a dick but welcome to 2013. Been this way since the school shooting, numerous threads on the topic already. FWIW I don't think the antis are behind the disappearance of ammo, we as gun owners have been doing that job well enough already.

There's about 20 threads about this.

When the ammo comes in we buy it. Anything and everything.

Everybody's in a panic and are buying almost any ammo that comes in.

Also that particular WallyWorld doesn't get the volume of ammo some larger stores get.

• Like 1

Sorry, I didn't know this was a beaten to death topic.........been out of commission the past few weeks due to surgery and haven't been checking the inter web lately. Didn't mean to get people riled up.

It began within a week after Sandy Hook. I guess you might have heard of that?

- OS

Sorry, I didn't know this was a beaten to death topic.........been out of commission the past few weeks due to surgery and haven't been checking the inter web lately. Didn't mean to get people riled up.

No worries. Everybody is just completely burned out with all the stupid.

Maybe John Prine was right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpf4Xs2ww8&list=PL7E7A2B43BE529234

For my needs, 9mm FMJ has been the most difficult to find at even semi-gouging prices. I'm pretty set for just about everything else. (.45, .22, .22mag, 7.62x54, 12ga, 20ga, and defense loads for all) and have been able to find them with reasonable difficulty-- all without even casting a shadow at Walmart.

And I'm already well past the "basic load" of 200 rds. per firearm. I just want some freakin' halfway-decent priced 9mm range loads for practice. I guess I'll be waiting awhile for that, though.

I am always called a negative person ( my magazine is half empty not half full ) , but I always replied , just being realistic. When I was working I would go by Walmart 2 or 3 times a week before work and buy a box or 2 of whatever. I have seen it coming for a long time and my only problem is I bought a few handguns in new calibers for me .I finally bought a 40 S&W and a 357 Sig because the ammo for them stayed on the shelf longerthan 9mm and 45 ACP . But right now everything is hard to find .

I have a few boxes for each of my new pistols and plenty for everything else . Get prepaired and when it calms down and gets half way normal buy a box everytime you can. I reload but bullets and primers are hard to find right now. I was in Sportsman Warehouse the other day and they had just 1 one pound jug of powder on the shelf.

I like to keep 500 - 1000 rounds for everything I have that I shoot on a regular basis. Things I never shoot (  25 ACP or 32 ACP / pocket guns ) I still have a couple boxes for each . But right now I am saving the ammo and still have some on order from a couple of places. I found some at a feed store the other day . Price was higher than before but not all that bad for now .

Edited by Keyless

I have 5 Walmarts within reasonable distance from my home.  Just 4 months ago I was going to the range and figured I'd pick up some 9mm beforehand.  The first three Walmarts I call had no 9mm FMJ in stock... zero.  This has been going on long before the great ammogedden of 2013; it's just a little worse now.  I don't see this changing, ever.

Guest glocklocker19

Just saw on the local news this morning (and it may be old news) that Wal-Mart is now adopting a nationwide policy of a 3 box limit on ammo due to supply issues, so that might help a bit. I've been hard pressed to find any 9mm, occasionally some .40, but what I've seen mostly here locally as well as my regional travels have been .45 and shotgun shells.