Jesse Jackson Slams Obama... He wants to "Cut his nuts off"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07/09/jesse-jackson-apologizes-for-obama-remarks

Jesse Jackson Apologizes for Crude Obama Remarks

by FOXNews.com

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

red_strike.gif

Facebook Stumble Upon del.icio.us Digg icon_mail.gifEmail

icon_comment.gif

jessejackson_020508.jpg

The Rev. Jesse Jackson, shown here holding a Barack Obama campaign sign in February, apologized Wednesday for remarks he made about Obama to FOX News. (AP Photo)

Rev. Jesse Jackson apologized Wednesday for saying Barack Obama is “talking down to black people†during what Jackson thought was a private conversation before a FOX News interview Sunday.

Jackson was speaking to a fellow guest at the time about Obama’s speeches in black churches and his support for faith-based charities. Jackson added before going live, “I want to cut his nuts off.â€

His microphone picked up the remarks.

VIDEO: Click here to watch Jesse Jackson’s comments

At a hastily arranged news conference Wednesday evening in Chicago, Jackson said he supports Obama “unequivocally†and that he hopes to “get this behind me.â€

“I have great passion for this campaign and traveled across the country … arguing the case for the campaign,†Jackson said. “And this thing I said in a hot-mic statement that’s interpreted as a distraction, I offer apology for that. I don’t want harm or hurt to come to this campaign.â€

He said, “They were hurtful and wrong … but we have a relationship that can survive this.â€

Jackson said in a written statement he was trying to emphasize that Obama’s moral message should “not only deal with the personal and moral responsibility of black males, but to deal with the collective moral responsibility of government and the public policy.â€

Jackson said the conversation “does not reflect any disparagement on my part for the historic event in which we are involved or my pride in Senator Barack Obama, who is leading it, whom I have supported by crisscrossing this nation in every level of media and audience from the beginning in absolute terms.â€

The Obama campaign took a measured response to the incident, contending in a statement that Obama has spoken for many years about parental responsibility as well as “jobs, justice and opportunity for all.â€

“He will continue to speak out about our responsibilities to ourselves and each other, and he of course accepts Rev. Jackson’s apology,†Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said.

Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he doesn’t remember exactly what he said Sunday but that he was “very sorry†for his comments about Obama. He called his comments “a side light in a broader conversation about urban disparities.â€

Jackson said he has called Obama’s campaign to apologize.

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton noted that the Illinois senator grew up without his father and has spoken and written at length about the issues of parental responsibility and fathers participating in their children’s lives, and of society’s obligation to provide “jobs, justice and opportunity for all.

“He will continue to speak out about our responsibilities to ourselves and each other, and he of course accepts Reverend Jackson’s apology,†Burton said.

Jackson’s comments sparked something of a family feud. His son, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., said he was disappointed by his father’s “reckless statements.â€

“His divisive and demeaning comments about the presumptive Democratic nominee — and I believe the next president of the United States — contradict his inspiring and courageous career,†the younger Jackson said.

The comments are not the first the elder Jackson has had to explain after believing he was off the record.

In 1984, he called New York City “Hymietown,†referring to the city’s large Jewish population. He later acknowledged it was wrong to use the term, but said he did so in private to a reporter.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

If a McCain supporter (or since we're talking about Jesse Jacka**, ANY white person) made a comment like that, it would be touted as flagrant and horrible racism... And Hymietown? His hypocrisy is one of the many reasons I'm sure we all detest Jackson.

If a McCain supporter called Memphis "Memphrica" when he was supposedly off-the-record, the news would have a field day with it.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Double Standards - Listen to rap music. Most of the popular songs talk about n1gg3r this and that, yet Slim Shaddy - Eminem doesn't use the word and is very popular. If he said it he would be crucified.

you got that right

Guest TheBulldog

I saw this on TV while drinking coffee!

My coffee flew out my nose!

The real Jessie!

What a riot!

BUT now the world knows how he thinks.

Sounded like a mob Godfather.

Maybe he needs a RICO investigation.

Guest bkelm18

Heard on NPR on the way home where they were interviewing some other black rights activist and he basically said Jesse is past his time, he just needs to stop talking and step aside.

What makes either one the those blowhards a "Reverend"? Just curious.

Jackson is a Baptist minister. I didnt make it up.

Jackson attended Sterling High School, a segregated high school in Greenville, where he was a student-athlete. Upon graduating in 1959, he rejected a contract from a professional baseball team[clarify] so that he could attend the racially integrated University of Illinois on a football scholarship. However, one year later, Jackson transferred to North Carolina A&T located in Greensboro, North Carolina. There are differing accounts for the reasons behind this transfer. Jackson claims that the change was based on the school's racial biases which included his being unable to play as a quarterback despite being a star quarterback at his high school as well as being demoted by his speech professor as an alternate in a public speaking competition team despite the support of his teammates who elected him a place on the team for his superior abilities.[1] ESPN.com reports a different story, however. Claims of racial discrimination on the football team may be exaggerated because Illinois's starting quarterback that year was an African American. In addition, Jackson left Illinois at the end of his second semester after being placed on academic probation.[2] Following his graduation from A&T, Jackson attended the Chicago Theological Seminary with the intent of becoming a minister, but dropped out in 1966 to focus full-time on the civil rights movement.[3] He was ordained in 1968, without a theological degree; awarded an honorary theological doctorate from Chicago in 1990; and received his earned Master of Divinity Degree in 2000.[4][5]
Guest TheBulldog
If a McCain supporter (or since we're talking about Jesse Jacka**, ANY white person) made a comment like that, it would be touted as flagrant and horrible racism... And Hymietown? His hypocrisy is one of the many reasons I'm sure we all detest Jackson.

If a McCain supporter called Memphis "Memphrica" when he was supposedly off-the-record, the news would have a field day with it.

Well that is why Old Jessie Jerkson will get away with it!

Guest justaman30
Holy ****. "It's a trap!" :panic:

So right. But all politicians play this game. They think that their private life is different from their public life. What they are in private makes what they are in public. Character is what you are when no one is looking. My post title is a quote from the Wizard of Oz, when the professor is trying to steer Dorothy and her friends away from the man behind the curtain (the REAL Oz) - Himself! That is the defining statement of the politician. :tinfoil: