Awesome Music

VH1 is running The Last Waltz right now.

I do not know if I ever watched it before. If you are a fan of classic rock this is a must see I think.

I have the concert on vinyl. If I remember right it is a 3 album set. So six sides of music. I know I listened to the crap out of it back in the day.

I have never seen the concert in movie form. They might lose me if they start sticking commercials in, but I will hang as long as possiible. Either that or the wifey is going to kick my ass for the big screen being cranked up way too loud.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway, the Band is one of my go to groups of musicians. When I am wanting to hear some tunes but draw a blank when leafing through the CD library the Band seems to be at my fingertips a lot of the time.

Personally I seem to be going through a early 70's/late 60's flashback period as far as what I am listening to. I seriously got to search out my Deep Purple "Made in Japan" CD. I know I own it, but what cranny it is hiding I am not sure. I am also jonesing for some Three Dog Night and Grand Funk Railroad. I know I have some in the cabinet somewhere.

Rabbi is no longer a member of this forum.

Is there a story here? Never talked to him personally but he's quite a prodigious poster.

BTW. The Band rocks. Have seen The Last Waltz many times lately on VH1 and on one of HD channels. Directed by Martin Scorsese who also did the new Stones movie that's out. Saw Band in Asheville back in '96. Good stuff!