photos not showing up

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

I just spot-checked a couple of TGO threads containing pictures on a sprint motorola android 4.x phone, which displayed the pictures fine in chrome. Unless maybe it is an intermittent problem or only affects certain kinds of pictures?

Just checked with Chrome and the stock browser on Android.  Some photos in the classifieds section show a broken image link but they will display when clicked on.  Looked at the test section and all the imgur, photo bucket linked photos (using the IMG BBCode) are showing up just fine.  Does the classifieds allow you to upload images to the TGO instead of using a photo sharing site?

• Administrator

No Android devices here so I cannot test to confirm.  Nothing has changed on the server in the past 2 weeks.  Try clearing your browser cache, or force-close all instances of your browser and try again.

Several folks had Android related problems recently and determined that killing the browser and then reloading TGO's pages fixed it.

Nothing that I've tried on my end has fixed either the "to many redirects" error messages or have fixed the photo problems.

And I have literally tried everything that I can think of to get them resolved, shame because I really enjoy the TGO forums & I know that I am missing out on some interesting content.
I don't know whatcha did but thanks David you rawk! Photos are displaying just fine now! I'll keep an eye out for any of those "too many redirects" & if I come across any more of them I'll link back to them here for you guys, thanks again!
Another "too many server redirects" error on this one http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/62150-colorado-dem-to-rape-survivor-at-gun-hearing-%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9Cstatistics-aren%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t-on-your-side%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%9D/

Like I said, I am not sure why but the problem does seem to be limited to android devices & only occurs on certain threads, no amount of clearing caches or force-stops or even completely reinstalling seems to correct it.
  • Administrator

It's not a server problem or a site problem.  There's really nothing I can do to fix this for you and nothing's been changed any of the times you've said it suddenly started working.

Again if you Google this, the error is consistently an Android web browser issue.