2nd Amendment Rally in Sevierville, Feb 23

I was in the area on business so I decided to stay over a day and attend the rally.  Not having ever attended one before I thought the turnout was really good. 
Everyone seemed to be in a really good mood and respectful of the speakers and other attendees.  I am still mulling over the speeches given by John Harris, TFA, and State Senator Frank Niceley.  I was stunned by the difference in the content and tone of the speeches given by those two guys.  Am I confused or did Niceley tell us exactly what the Republican controlled legislature in Tennessee is really about? Was anyone else there? :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

I was in the area on business so I decided to stay over a day and attend the rally.  Not having ever attended one before I thought the turnout was really good. 
Everyone seemed to be in a really good mood and respectful of the speakers and other attendees.  I am still mulling over the speeches given by John Harris, TFA, and State Senator Frank Niceley.  I was stunned by the difference in the content and tone of the speeches given by those two guys.  Am I confused or did Niceley tell us exactly what the Republican controlled legislature in Tennessee is really about? Was anyone else there? :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

I missed it what all was said? the good/the bad?

Yes, wife and I were there. The TFA guy was knowledgable but wore us out.....he rambled for it seemed 30 minutes telling us minute details about some piece of legislation that never reached a vote. Seemed sort of pointless. Nicely did a good job and was brief. I do not understand your question about Nicely. He told us that the Republicans have passed 21 good gun bills in the last several years and reminded us how bad things were with Naifey [sic]. A good rally and, they are going to have more of them. The TFA guy told us that our problems are in Nashville and Nicely told us that our problems are in D.C. which I am more inclined to believe.

• Like 1

Did I mishear or did Niceley not say that Ms Maggert did not do anything wrong and that the efforts to unseat her were wrong?  Did he not say that the NRA and specifically LaPierre and Cox were both democrats and never do anything to support republicans?  Like I said, I'm still processing all I heard but I firmly believe that our problems are both in Nashville and Wash DC.  Harris said that the current parking lot bill did nothing to protect us from either being fired or from criminal prosecution.  I would have been more comfortable if Niceley had at least rebutted that.  I am not really into arguing and I am neither a democrat or republican but I really wish that the entire rally had been taped, at least for posting on the net.  I do not believe that either democrats or current republicans are our friends.

• Like 1

tsprint is exactly correct about what Frank Nicely said.  Nicely went on for two or three minutes about what a great friend of gun owners Maggert was and how wrong the NRA was to target her.  Nicely also said the NRA has never tried to defeat a democrat.

Frank showed his butt plain and simple.

I'll sum up Frank's speech.

TN state republicans good.

Frank is an NRA member

NRA is run by democrats that only try to defeat republicans

per Frank the NRA and TFA have never done anything to help gun owners, only republicans in the state legislature are helping gun owners.

That speech was the exact reason why Frank refused to run for his contested house seat (he would have gotten his ass kicked by the eventual winner) and slid into a "created" senate district that was vacant.

BTW Frank's crowning achievement in the legislature has been allowing the butchering of horses for meat.

Keep in mind I am a lifelong Republican so my gripe with Frank has nothing to do with politics.  I have never voted for a democrat in my life. I just want to be clear about my criticism of Frank.  He is a great leap better than any democrap but Frank is for Frank.

Keep in mind I am a lifelong Republican so my gripe with Frank has nothing to do with politics.  I have never voted for a democrat in my life. I just want to be clear about my criticism of Frank.  He is a great leap better than any democrap but Frank is for Frank.

I am with you, I can say with my right hand up and left on a Bible, I have never ever voted for a democrat, and never will!  Do you suppose being a native Sevier Countian, a person just can't vote democrat? 

Edited by Runco

OK, I am on-board with you guys now. Yes, Nicely did say some strange things. I can not speak to the Maggart deal.....don't know anything about that one. Yes, Frank was off the deep end for sure with the NRA/Democrat stuff.

I really do hope we have some more of these rallys. It was well worth the time and drive, in my opinion.