Kyle Copeland’s Armed Citizen Project

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Kyle Copeland, a grad student at the University of Houston. He has
started the Armed Citizen Project. The organization’s goal is to give
away free guns for providing people with a means of self-defense. The
plan is to provide guns to single women and those who have a special
need, such as residents living in a high-crime area.

http://abcnews.go.com/meta/search/imageDetail?format=plain&source=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2Fimages%2FTravel%2Fabc_ktrk_guns6_kyle_copelan_jt_130223

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AmericanWorkMule

$10 says the media gives this little to no coverage and attempts to crucify him at the same time.

I do like the goal of his project however.

This write doesn't seem too keen on the idea...

How do you decide who deserves a gun and who doesn’t?
If people want a gun for self-defense, then it seems they need to find their own way to get one.

http://writingshares.com/abc-news-video-houston-texas-kyle-copelands-armed-citizen-project-aims-to-give-free-guns-20-gauge-shotguns-to-citizens-for-self-defense/

Yet you can get whatever you want practically for having a child and keep having them.

I'll rephrase that since it might come across as being a bit harsh. They complain about people getting guns and how that process works, yet they don't complain about all the people on welfare and what lack standards it takes to get on it.

Edited by gjohnsoniv
  • 1 month later...

I agree with Kyle's general concept , however this is likely to backfire because he's arming single moms !! their sons are responsible for a huge percentage of gun violence .

That is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Why don't you just say "the blacks" are too. Can't think of a group that needs self-protection more than a single mother. I know my Mom did when my Dad split.

Guest MilitiaMan

Horrible, and completely wrong, stereotype. I was raised by a single mom. Both of my sisters are single moms. Neither myself nor my two grown nephews have criminal records or are anyway part of the criminal element. And to boot, I was raised in several of the hardest, roughest cities that most here would be afraid to drive through.

I agree with Kyle's general concept , however this is likely to backfire because he's arming single moms !! their sons are responsible for a huge percentage of gun violence .

Edited by MilitiaMan
Guest MilitiaMan

I was actually interested in that response (in terms of looking up your statistical numbers) up until you said that King Obama's mother did a good job. She was a head case. Read up on Stanley Ann Dunn, her parents, her upbringing and how she raised King Obama, how she sent him away to live with his grandparents. She had multiple children with multiple fathers. I would hardly call her a single mother. As you said, educate yourself.

Edited by MilitiaMan
Guest MilitiaMan

That post was telling to which side you're leaning.

I will bow out of this and not cause myself to take an additional blood pressure pill today.

Guest nra37922

I have a special need, I need a free gun, how do I get mine? ;-)

Great idea, there are some good things happening in college after all.

Move to East Knoxville by the East Towne Mall or around Cherry St and Magnolia, North Nashville, or anywhere in Memphis to qualify....

Guest MilitiaMan

So wait a minute. If I'm reading correctly, in your book, Stanley Ann is some "heroine" or some sort of saint of a mother because she A. slept with a Harvard graduate (who was a violent, woman beating, narcissistic, anti-American, polygamist absent deadbeat father) and B. because she delegated (your words) the responsibility of raising her son to others??????

Ok. I give. Where's Ashton Kutcher?

Ashton!? Come out! I know you're here somewhere.

Politics is no football game ,what side you're on is ridiculous . You refferd to the woman as a headcase, how many Harvard grads or college grads have your sisters dated ??? she may not have raised him herself however she did a damn good job of delegating . I came to this site hoping Kyle would read my post, research, and reconsider his position. Single moms not always, but on average , raise children that are less responsible than married women .

Edited by MilitiaMan
Guest MilitiaMan

I almost got baited, then the lightbulb went off.

Must be getting slow in my old age lol

In the past I would have picked up on his nonsense after the 1st sentence ;)

Guest MilitiaMan

And who was really responsible for fasttracking Jr. from governor to commander in chief.

i can't help but wonder who paid for both Obama's Harvar degrees.....especially the old mans.