22lr price

Guest Brent1973

Well, it wasn't really a fortune, and the rounds were better spent sighting in the red dot sight on my 10/22.  I'm no expert any more, but if a pie plate attacks me at 50 yards or closer, he's dead meat.

So let me ask this question. Who are the stupid ones, the people who are selling it for $100 a box or those of us who have a bunch of 500ct boxes on hand who aren't selling it for $100 a box. I'll bet you when the price comes back down and it is readily available again there are going to be a bunch of us (me included) who say why the hell didn't I sell all this ammo when I could have doubled, tripled or quadrupled my money.

• Like 1

So let me ask this question. Who are the stupid ones, the people who are selling it for $100 a box or those of us who have a bunch of 500ct boxes on hand who aren't selling it for $100 a box. I'll bet you when the price comes back down and it is readily available again there are going to be a bunch of us (me included) who say why the hell didn't I sell all this ammo when I could have doubled, tripled or quadrupled my money.

I'm having those very thoughts myself...I don't think i'd be that greedy, but I keep asking myself if I should do an inventory of my ammo stock, and perhaps make a little money on anything that I have "excess" supplies of. 

I just payed 9.00 for 150 rds of REM. This was from a store that does not gouge. It is costing him more and you have to get on a list for when it comes in.

That, and even if their margins are higher than normal, they need that in order to make up for less available stock to sell.  And if they don't sell it at higher prices now, their buyers may simply resell what they purchase at the current "market rate"....whatever that is. 

Guest Brent1973

this was REM. and it was at Benton Shooters. I still go to range but I am a little more easy on the trigger. shoot more of my reloads 38s. only have 2 boxes  of 223 before i hit my stash and just got a new scope so i guess 50 to sight in and 50 to have fun with till everything is back to normal . 

Guest Pineapple Devil

this was REM. and it was at Benton Shooters. I still go to range but I am a little more easy on the trigger. shoot more of my reloads 38s. only have 2 boxes  of 223 before i hit my stash and just got a new scope so i guess 50 to sight in and 50 to have fun with till everything is back to normal . 

50 rounds to sight in a scope? yikes! you should be able to sight in it in less than 5 shots (only 2 shots really) if you set up your rifle properly to remove movements between shots.

At .25 a round it's still a better deal than someone had posted here just a couple of days ago.

At .25 a round it's still a better deal than someone had posted here just a couple of days ago.

While you are correct, I still am not going to waste my time on him. I did however flag that particular add.

While you are correct, I still am not going to waste my time on him. I did however flag that particular add.

You're absolutely right. I wouldn't either and wasn't trying to imply that it was anything more than a ripoff. I just saying that we don't have to go all the way to NC to get ripped off:)

You're absolutely right. I wouldn't either and wasn't trying to imply that it was anything more than a ripoff. I just saying that we don't have to go all the way to NC to get ripped off:)

I know, and I wasn't taking your comment as anything other than that.