Sequester-self fulfiling prophesy?

Guest CigarGuy

Guest CigarGuy

Ok.  I admit I may seeing black helicopters soon, but........

My (quite liberal) aunt arrived in Tampa, from France, via London, and was met with

a long line in Customs "for American citizens only".  She said the foreigners went

right through while the Americans had "hundreds" in their line and it took "an hour"

to get through.

Anyways, when she did get up to the front, she asked what was going on and the TSA

agent(although, come to think of it, it wouldn't be TSA, would it?) said "with sequestering,

everythings been cut back".

Really?  Within 2 days?

Do you think there is some conspiracy going on here where "they" are being told to

perpetuate the hurt whenever/wherever possible?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Federal employees have to receive a 30-day notice before they got unpaid time off.. This is part of the plan to make things look worse than they are and make sure the liberal lemmings blame the republicans. 

Guest CigarGuy

Federal employees have to receive a 30-day notice before they got unpaid time off.. This is part of the plan to make things look worse than they are and make sure the liberal lemmings blame the republicans. 

See.  That's what I thought when I heard it.  I smell a conspiracy............

I wasn't aware the average TSA "agent" could pronounce sequester.

I wasn't aware the average TSA "agent" could pronounce sequester.

He must not be your average thug then. Or should I say idiot? I always get confused when talking about TSA.

Edited by gjohnsoniv

Could it be that 'they' will do anything/everything to make the Republican's look like fools until the 2014 elections.  In their minds, this lets them win the house, and are able to push the agenda (unopposed) for the last 2 years of B.O.'s Presidency.  This might be the plan ... whether or not it would work is another thing.  I'd say they're doing a good job of making the R's look foolish (much better at PR); but whether or not control of Congress will result in a massive push of liberal agenda could be debated.  They had the house the first 2 years of B.O. and were really only able to get Obamacare through after all.  No doubt they will try if they have the house, just whether or not they are able to get legislation through their dysfunction is the worry.

Guest 556or762
The republicans are standing firm on not adding more in taxes instead balancing the budget and cutting govt spending. The liberal crowd will make this look a lot worse than it will ever be, we already know the 85 billion they are to cut is actually not a cut at all but a reduction in their increase for the year. The places the cuts are being made was part of theplan when this was designed, they wanted the cuts to be so unpalatable that everyone in DC would work together to fix the budget and avoid the cuts but we see how that worked.

The republicans are standing firm on not adding more in taxes instead balancing the budget and cutting govt spending. The liberal crowd will make this look a lot worse than it will ever be, we already know the 85 billion they are to cut is actually not a cut at all but a reduction in their increase for the year. The places the cuts are being made was part of theplan when this was designed, they wanted the cuts to be so unpalatable that everyone in DC would work together to fix the budget and avoid the cuts but we see how that worked.

Nahhh but they are acting like it.

“I did lay out that the House is going to move a continuing resolution next week to fund the government past March 27,” Boehner said after a meeting at the White House on the sequester, which yielded no agreement. “And I’m hopeful that we won’t have to deal with the threat of a government shutdown while we’re dealing with the sequester at the same time. The House will act next week, and I hope the Senate will follow suit.” 

That means no cuts to current spending.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/01/boehner-will-push-for-continuing-resolution-to-avert-shutdown/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/02/27/can-a-possible-government-shutdown-save-us-from-the-sequester/

They senate is 'supposed' to be "committed to passing a budget" this year. I expect it will be as absurd as the Owebama's plans have been each year when they get turned in late. It will be juicy with social justice profiles they can use to curmudgeon the Rs with in 2014. They'll do a CR to keep the govt running & insert a repeal of the sequester with "more targeted, less harmful cuts" of a watered down fashion if any. 

Guest 270win

A TWO PERCENT budget cut is not the end of the world like the liberal media is making it seem.  I have had my personal budget cut 50% and just had to deal with it the best I could.  Obama's hay boys will play games with Customs, TSA, and parks to hassle folks into agreeing to more taxes.  I think the House should hold firm.

Guest 556or762

“I did lay out that the House is going to move a continuing resolution next week to fund the government past March 27,” Boehner said after a meeting at the White House on the sequester, which yielded no agreement. “And I’m hopeful that we won’t have to deal with the threat of a government shutdown while we’re dealing with the sequester at the same time. The House will act next week, and I hope the Senate will follow suit.”
That means no cuts to current spending.

They senate is 'supposed' to be "committed to passing a budget" this year. I expect it will be as absurd as the Owebama's plans have been each year when they get turned in late. It will be juicy with social justice profiles they can use to curmudgeon the Rs with in 2014. They'll do a CR to keep the govt running & insert a repeal of the sequester with "more targeted, less harmful cuts" of a watered down fashion if any.

Seems someone (boehner) spelled it out saying that extending funding will keep them from having any cuts but for some reason the tsa seems to be cutting personnel! Hmmm let's ponder that shall we? And not wanting to deal with one while dealing the other? Um seems govt funding is the issue in both the budget extension and the sequester. I'm so tired of everyone in DC talking out of their ***es. Do your damn job and fix the budget and both issues are solved!

An acquaintance of mine is a federal officer.  He reported several days ago that he was getting 3 weeks unpaid furlough. 

Edited by peejman

3 weeks, wow, my step brother is only getting a week. he was told e could use hi vacation pay for that week if he wants to. he is looking at it as a forced vacation. He has never taken one in the last 5 years. Hey I get to see my step brother and his new baby.

The fact is that Obama just recently signed on to a $300 billion tax increase for 2013.  That's close to 2 percent of the GDP. The Liberals all say these are OK but an $85 billion cut in spending, which is all the sequester will cut, will cause the economy to collapse. Ridicules......IMHO...

Guest 6.8 AR

The sequestration is not cutting anything except the rate of increase of spending. But, Hell, if you don't have

a budget, every penny of every dollar is too much spent. Sequestration means absolutely nothing but is only

something to cast fear and blame.

The sequestration is not cutting anything except the rate of increase of spending. But, Hell, if you don't have

a budget, every penny of every dollar is too much spent. Sequestration means absolutely nothing but is only

something to cast fear and blame.

what he said!

Guest CigarGuy

Latest is sequestering has led to a shut down of the White House tours...........however, the tour guides are volunteers.............

Guest 6.8 AR

He used the sequester scare as another way to lie about the opposition, who appear to be so spineless

as to let him get away with bald faced lies. With the release of the thousands of illegals, that was planned

before the sequestration, being the only big deal that happened, you might think people, other than that

low information voter, would see through this. Probably not, since the Republicans are going along with it.

Disappointing as Hell.