Academy. Rivergate. ARs in stock. 3/4

vujade

A friend called me in the morning.  The Academy in Rivergate 'had a ton of ARs in stock'.  I went by at lunch. They had these in stock:

A Remington R25 (in black) for $1299

2 Sig m400s for $1299

1 Bushmaster. $729 (it's the carbon/lightweight with red dot model)

2 others that I'm not sure what the make was.  (Another $1049 I think were the prices)

A S&W 15-22 for $499

I was tempted to get the Remington R25 but just couldn't justify it.  I didn't leave with any; leave it to someone who really needs/wants one. My brother in law (came with me) did get the bushmaster.  (He's a rifle newbie and just wanted one to get started on it).

It's likely that the rest are gone now.  Or maybe not..if anyone lives in the area and needs one.  They also had a quite a bit of boxes of 40 cal (white box, 100 rounds) in the customer service area.

It's a sign though that things are starting to get back in stock.  I would have been sure it would have been sold out well before 1pm; I was surprised (and my brother in law happy).

Edited by vujade
Guest carter

not sure why people are posting all this stuff...just giving the people that resale and are hurting the market information on where the goods can be found... i know you're intentions are good but i will not be posting anymore stuff about where i find ammo or guns or anything... 

to get the market back to normal so you can just go to walmart and buy what u need for a day of shooting and it actually be there will take not buying what u don't need...

Sorry Carter, I was actually hoping the opposite.

If folks who are in the market for an AR can see that the stores have them, they may hold off and stop buying the $1500 bushmasters in the classifieds. 

If 1 person goes to the Academy and buys a rifle to sell it (technically a straw purchase), that is 1.

If 10 people read this and wait and hold and not buy that $1500 bushmaster... maybe that will help move the market back to normal levels? (helping 10)

I hope anyway. 

Good point Dolomite; you're welcome to move it if you want.  I just want to help someone when I can.

Edited by vujade
Best way to deal with gougers is to refuse to pay their prices. Last gunshow I went to, I'm pretty sure I pissed off a few vendors. Now, typically I'm not a confrontationalist and I made it a point to not SAY a word but when flipping over price tags I can't stifle a good laugh and I'm not going to try.
If you wanna sell a base model AR for $1500 go for it, it's a free country. I'm also free to laugh at you for it.

If they wanna buy up the market and sit on it. Let them. When they get hung with a load of goods, that'll be the best pay back ever. Edited by Caster
  • Like 8

Thanks for the heads up it was a long drive but I got 2 DPMS's and a Sig 716 they had just brought out.  Next stop Gunbroker!

yeah im f'n with ya.

• Like 1

I really don't understand how so many gun hobbyist's didnt have any ammo set back for times like these(hell I thought we had a bunch of preppers on here ;-D )....oh well if your in the group of "i have no ammo" just wait like all previous imagined crises this too will pass and prices might not ever be as low as they were but they will come back down to normal...heck look how much AR15's have come back down...patience is a virtue...and a money saver.

• Like 2

I really don't understand how so many gun hobbyist's didnt have any ammo set back for times like these(hell I thought we had a bunch of preppers on here ;-D )....oh well if your in the group of "i have no ammo" just wait like all previous imagined crises this too will pass and prices might not ever be as low as they were but they will come back down to normal...heck look how much AR15's have come back down...patience is a virtue...and a money saver.

To true.  It is already happening in some areas.

Guest 6.8 AR

Thanks for the heads up it was a long drive but I got 2 DPMS's and a Sig 716 they had just brought out.  Next stop Gunbroker!

yeah im f'n with ya.

Ah, your electric golf cart could get there that fast. :D

I do think getting word out that hard to find items can be found at reasonable pricing does much good. I believe the opportunists are not surfing TGO for leads. I think they already have their leads with buddies, friends and paid people who let them know when Walmart, Academy and others receive shipments in. Those items disappear way to fast just for the common man to be passing by at the same time when guns/ammo are placed or just recently placed in the case. The market is saturated until the next wave of real legislation passes.

• Like 2
Guest Victor9er

A friend called me in the morning.  The Academy in Rivergate 'had a ton of ARs in stock'.  I went by at lunch. They had these in stock:

A Remington R25 (in black) for $1299

2 Sig m400s for $1299

1 Bushmaster. $729 (it's the carbon/lightweight with red dot model)

2 others that I'm not sure what the make was.  (Another $1049 I think were the prices)

A S&W 15-22 for $499

I was tempted to get the Remington R25 but just couldn't justify it.  I didn't leave with any; leave it to someone who really needs/wants one. My brother in law (came with me) did get the bushmaster.  (He's a rifle newbie and just wanted one to get started on it).

It's likely that the rest are gone now.  Or maybe not..if anyone lives in the area and needs one.  They also had a quite a bit of boxes of 40 cal (white box, 100 rounds) in the customer service area.

It's a sign though that things are starting to get back in stock.  I would have been sure it would have been sold out well before 1pm; I was surprised (and my brother in law happy).

Your brother-in-law doesn't happen to live in Chattanooga does he? There was a guy at the range today that was sighting in a new Bushmaster, he had all the bells and whistles on it...

Your brother-in-law doesn't happen to live in Chattanooga does he? There was a guy at the range today that was sighting in a new Bushmaster, he had all the bells and whistles on it...

nope. We're here in Middle TN. 

My friend did pick up an r25 (308)... that thing lasted in the store for 2+ days!  and I just saw another one at another store last night.  I think more and more stores are getting stuff (and keeping in stock for longer than 5 minutes).

I think what will happen is folks who bought the ARs hoping to flip them will start to get desperate in a few weeks/months and we may start to see some better deals before the summer.

I think what will happen is folks who bought the ARs hoping to flip them will start to get desperate in a few weeks/months and we may start to see some better deals before the summer.

It's my hope that these "free market entrepreneurs" will either get stuck with these guns that they don't want/can't afford or lose hundreds of dollars when they have to resell them.

Here's hoping that Karma really is a bitch.

• Like 5
I'm hoping the same thing. I might even have to start going back to gun shows so I can laugh derisively at guys trying to sell $800 DPMS rifles for $1500. Then they'll tell me their just trying to get out of it what they have in it, then I will laugh even harder.

Maybe I'll have a tshirt made up for the event, something with P.T Barnum's saying about suckers.

Yeah, I'm an $$hole.