My wheel chair holster mount/added open gun mount

RWF

Guest Springfield1911guy

Nice looking rig you have there Robert. My wife has a wheelchair, she lost a leg to diabetes. I have often looked at it and thought of putting a holster on it for times I have to leave her alone.

You have inspired me to make that my next project. Thank you Sir! I must say, I admire your attitude. The way you have chosen to deal with an affliction is wonderful. You have that good old American spirit of "you can knock me down but, you WON'T keep me down. I wish you all the best.

Guest carter

ever thought about mounting one of those shot gun carriers like the police cruisers have :D might be a little much but just a thought 

thank you all for the support and well wishes!

sorry to hear about your wife, if her chair has the thigh supports  or they can be added then it should not be to bad of a job. talk to Tara at blade-tech for me she was great. just a note i call my wheel chair supplier and asked how much would a extra set of thigh supports would be, he said retail $700 for the set. WOW!

Nice looking rig you have there Robert. My wife has a wheelchair, she lost a leg to diabetes. I have often looked at it and thought of putting a holster on it for times I have to leave her alone.

You have inspired me to make that my next project. Thank you Sir! I must say, I admire your attitude. The way you have chosen to deal with an affliction is wonderful. You have that good old American spirit of "you can knock me down but, you WON'T keep me down. I wish you all the best.

I'm sure all his stuff now is custom made, but I feel sure he started out similar to where you are.  I'd guess he went through a number of iterations while working his way up to the level where people custom make stuff for you. 

i hope to get some help, if needed (always needed) at the Pro/Am. we know alot of the shooters, owners of rockcaslte etc. when i say know it is just by name. so i know i can some help from them as i go. great people. they already know about my accident, there only concern is will i be ready in less than a year for 3 gun. i hope so the shotgun recoil on my neck is my only real worry. doc says no guns for a year.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

You are truly an inspiration to me. I am also in a chair from a work related spinal cord injury that happened in '07. After surgery I walked with a cane for several years until the spasticity in my legs just made it impossible to walk. I am looking for ideas for my carry gun and Peejman recommended I get in touch with you. I use an "Ultra-Lite" manual chair and have ordered a shoulder holster but would still like to come up with something that attaches to my chair for summer months or occasions when I need to really conceal my weapon and not draw attention to myself. I want to tell you that you really have made my day with your determination and positivity. I don't care for quitters nor negative people and you certainly are neither.

• Like 2

thank you, last year was a bad year for me, so we only shot 1 match in the last 14 months or so. anyway on concealed carry I still use the blade tech TMMS in the same spot as the race holster and just pull the cover over the gun. in the picture is a 9mm shield, there has been a Taurus slim. M & P C and a EMP. and no one as never notice it. even sitting across from me, when I tell them about they seem very surprised. on the manual chair if u can get the side on stiff with a piece of wood or plexiglass you should be able to a holster anywhere u want, maybe

20151128_131524_zpseftzwczk.jpg

also thinking about it. if u can sit up and bend over it may be best mounted between the legs under the chair seat. as I can not, my chair holds me up.

Very good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I'm also starting to work on the plexiglass recommendation also. I hope that whatever I or you and I or even us and our other members come up with can be transferred to an electric wheelchair as I have one on my radar for the near future. Thanks again for your help.