Primer limit at Lebanon Gun Shop

If I owned the gun store, I'd rather sell a regular customer 1000 primers and keep his business in the long run, even if that offends the delicate sensibilities of the spread the wealth crowd.

What happened to the early bird getting the worm?

Edited by BigK

If it were a no primer situation, I would have happily bought them. Due to bad weather, I've reloaded a lot lately, and was just looking to restock a bit. I still have more.

I've learned that if you keep a stock of supplies on hand, and replenish it as you use it, these times are aggravations rather than emergencies.

I'm afraid I'm turning into a grumpy old fart. Yesterday, paypal declined a purchase I was going to make, stating I'd reached my sending limit and needed to get verified. Well, that entails giving them access to my bank account, which I'm not about to do.

Things are changing, and I just don't like change.

I do understand I get aggravated at times my self with things that seem big but when I look back they usually are not that big of a deal. I picked up a bunch of primers a while back from David too so I am good for now but in these times I get what you can when you can.
Glad you have some. Hope you are able to pick up some more some where soon. I got 9mm brass cleaning right now hope to put some together tomorrow. Snow here tomorrow.

Jason

i am picking up 1.7 millon primers tomorrow in east alton il. i got in 5700 pounds of hodgdon powder today along with ovet 1000 pounds of xccurate powder and ramshot .500,000 223 bullets on my back deck .i do not have a gunshow this weekend as i have been gone and things have got behind here .this weekend i will be catching up.if you are in the nashville area we can meet up if you like sime of you know where i am at i need to sell some of this stuff cause i have spent over 300,000 this week not a lot to some but a whole lot to me .tdl you can pick up your pmc friday i have to go get it .sam will be in bowling green this weekend.i have over 600 pounds of varget in stock as of today you can buy it all if you like i am just giving tgo mrmbers a heads up on this

• Like 5

Retailers are going to sell this stuff right now, it is not going to sit on their shelves collecting dust.  If anything stores that are putting limits on ammo and components are doing us average Joe's a favor.  It would be easier for them to sell their entire stock to the first scalper that comes in as opposed to spreading it out over several customers.

Limits is what makes me a loyal customer. I've spent a lot a money at Sportsman Warehouse lately because they are trying to make an effort to combat scalpers. They can't stop them all but they at least try.
  • Like 2

Limits is what makes me a loyal customer. I've spent a lot a money at Sportsman Warehouse lately because they are trying to make an effort to combat scalpers. They can't stop them all but they at least try.

Despite how my previous post sounded, I despise the scalping going on. Seeing a guy from a LGS buy 10 PMags at Academy that he plans to mark up 300% when he gets back to his store pisses me off too. Same with the Internet and guns show resellers.

I just wish there were more ants than grasshoppers, so nobody would "need" stuff bad enough to pay those inflated prices. It just makes me sad that the ants are being lumped up with the scalpers right now.

Talked to a buddy the other day, said the He could not buy more that what is posted.

His worry is he cant find the powder he need to shoot bench rest, I told him how to

find David at the gun shows.

Guest Fruit jar

How much were the primers per pack?

On another forum, a guy goes to a gun shop and sees there's a 2 pack limit person. Ok, he gets his 2 packs, $17. with 7% tax.

David, Jim will see you friday, about what time? Part of that order is for me.

Edited by Fruit jar

They sent an email out a few days ago offering to sell 1000 small pistol primers on a one day sale for $40. It indicated they normally impose a 500 limit.

yep,  you have to be on the mailing list.  good group of folks at lebanon gun shop.  325 night guard on shelf  :-)

midwayusa sent me an email alert today. my magazines are back in stock;  two mag limit.  i guess they are chumps too.  i'd rather have two for normal price than see them 300% higher in a personal sale ad. 

Hi BigK, what does "LGS" stand for in your sentence below?

Local
Gun
Store

...didn't you get the handbook when they let you on the Internet? JK (just kidding), LOL (laugh out loud)...see what I did there? Edited by BigK